• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] Italy vs Ireland (Round 1)

Yeah I can see where Schmidt is going considering the lack of experience. However sometimes I find that the experience card gets used with too much significance, for example, I'm not sure where Boss puts his experience into action. Either way, we should win, and it won't be long till Boss and Reddan will decline further or retire. Hopefully by then Marmion is producing what Schmidt believes he's missing. Or even better, we produce another world class 9.

Well as I say Boss is already on decline but given circumstances this is the conservative and smart call probably. Marmion I still think will be a permanent fixture in 23 soon enough although McGrath and Cooney will both be pushing soon enough

Think the Italians could give Ireland something to think about.

Ah ****, SO'B possibly out. So I'm guessing TO'D in and eh Ryan? on to the bench.

EDIT: SO'B out TO'D on and Diack onto the bench.

****, ****, ****.

Just can't catch a break.

Last edited:
Confirmed. SOB out, TOD to start, Diack on the bench.

We now have a tiny backrow. Need to be smart now in the tight exchanges.

Italy giving away penalties constantly. Didn't help that the ref missed the tackle in the air on the Italian though.

Keatley needs to settle down.

TO'D stops pushing completely and we give away a penalty on his side. That stuff is annoying.

Greasy ball, famous 13 jersey.....if anyone's playing the 6N drinking game they're screwed

Keatley will come good in this game I think but right now just needs to calm down a bit, getting a bit too excited.

Mike Ross looks seriously stupid with those boots.

I'm impressed with Italy's line speed at the moment, they will need to keep this intensity for 80 mins if they are thinking of causing Ireland problems. The space is behind, but Keatley is forcing everything at the moment.

Everyone but Keatley standing at first receiver.

At least his goalkicking is going ok. He's had his settling period should hopefully be better now.

Lords but Ireland need a few ice breakers, they just don't seem to get real momentum ball in hand all that often without one.

Latest posts