• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 6 Nations] Round 5 : Italy v Scotland (17/03/2018)

Bruce_ma gooshvili

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Georgia
We've let the anticipation build long enough. Time to unleash the match day thread we've all been waiting for.

Italy: 15 Matteo Minozzi, 14 Tommaso Benvenuti, 13 Giulio Bisegni, 12 Tommaso Castello, 11 Mattia Bellini, 10 Tommaso Allan, 9 Marcello Violi, 8 Sergio Parisse (c), 7 Jake Polledri, 6 Sebastian Negri, 5 Dean Budd, 4 Alessandro Zanni, 3 Simone Ferrari, 2 Leonardo Ghiraldini, 1 Andrea Lovotti

Replacements: 16 Oliviero Fabiani, 17 Nicola Quaglio, 18 Tiziani Pasquali, 19 Abraham Steyn, 20 Giovanni Licata, 21 Guglielmo Palazzani, 22 Carlo Canna, 23 Jayden Hayward

Scotland: 15 Stuart Hogg, 14 Tommy Seymour, 13 Huw Jones, 12 Nick Grigg, 11 Sean Maitland, 10 Finn Russell, 9 Greig Laidlaw, 8 Ryan Wilson, 7 Hamish Watson, 6 John Barclay (c), 5 Jonny Gray, 4 Tim Swinson, 3 WP Nel, 2 Fraser Brown, 1 Gordon Reid

Replacements: 16 Stuart McInally, 17 Jamie Bhatti, 18 Zander Fagerson, 19 Richie Gray, 20 David Denton, 21 Ali Price, 22 Peter Horne, 23 Blair Kinghorn

Looking forward to seeing Polledri, he's looked excellent at every level I've seen him so far

Think Scotland should have enough to secure the win although a BP will be down to whether or not Italy sustain an 80 minute performance.
I understand that the last round of games are played consecutively to maximise viewing numbers etc. but would prefer if all three were played at the same time to make things fairer, just like the final round of the EPL.

As with the Wales match I'd sadly settle for three tries from Italy and conceding less than 50. I doubt Scotland will be up for it enough to put Italy to the sword.

Here we got Scotland manage to beat us but conspire to lose to Italy ;)

Minnozi is the next Italian player to be dubbed too good for Italy.
EDIT: Time to relegate Scotland?

Minozzi is f**king rapid isn't he? Hadn't seen him before this tournament (don't watch much Pro 14) but he seems to win every foot race he gets in.

Great play from Italy, 2 cracking tries

Edit: I thought that maul stopped twice?

Are you ******* kidding me? At no point did the referee tell them to start using the ball, and it stopped at least twice. Absolute joke of a referee.

Brown checking the Italian player, not looked at all by the officials.

Seriously, who are these idiots

Some real powder puff defence by Italy in the 22, so little chance of the upset here. But they may keep a smile on my face at least if they continue to execute in attack for the next 50mins.

Scotland definitely getting the rub of the green from the ref.

A pity there. Scotland understandably flat, but great attitude by Italy and showing what they can do against the second weakest pack in the tournament. Allan finally showing the promise I thought he had.

Most importantly, Italian rugby fans being entertained by exciting play.

Seems like an enjoyable match, but I cannot concentrate with what's to come.

Scots getting away with so much crap at the breakdown is painful to watch. Lying on the wrong side, obstructing players from joining the ruck, joining from the side, holding on, the whole lot.

Some real powder puff defence by Italy in the 22, so little chance of the upset here. But they may keep a smile on my face at least if they continue to execute in attack for the next 50mins.
I'm loving the way they're playing, the pace in attack is fantastic, carry, ruck, clear, go again is really hard to defend against if done well, and they're doing it well.

I think this style could be really good for them - although they will still lose a lot of games (some badly) they will cause more upsets playing with this pace and being ambitious. Really good to see

Scots getting away with so much crap at the breakdown is painful to watch. Lying on the wrong side, obstructing players from joining the ruck, joining from the side, holding on, the whole lot.

Honestly, I think that's just the way refereeing is going at the moment, not this match particularly. Favouring a contest at the breakdown over quick ball

Edit: Oops, I'm a double-post w**ker. Sorry

Latest posts