• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool B: Samoa vs. Scotland (10/10/2015)

Braveheart as a movie invited obvious criticism Despite this I recall the rapturous response as people stood up at the end and clapped and cheered . It heralded a time when Scotland realised we were not just cannon fodder for the establishment of a British Colonial Empire but were a Nation in its own right . History since then has proven the point .

I enjoyed Braveheart as well.Particularly when he was captured and executed.

Dear Lord, gents, how did a thread on the glorious game of rugby get sidetracked into a discussion about Braveheart? On that note, rugby may be even more exciting if everyone is allowed a dirty great chopper in the ruck. May be difficult to put together a consistent team though, what with the dismemberments.
Back on point, I agree Samoa have been abysmal this year. They've always lacked clinical passing to my mind, but have often made up for it with aggressive, creative running. This year they've barely been able to complete a pass! They could be dangerous today, in that they're all going home, so what do they have to lose, but if Scotland play like they have been recently (well in the second halves mostly) they should be fine.

And Hoggy? None of that girly kick-ball nonsense. You're a rugby player. Act like it.

I read that the Scots claim to have been playing a holding action in the first half, then unleash the backs in the second. Anyone any thoughts? I confess I just thought they've been starting terribly and taking a while to settle down.

Although I do like Scotland I really want them to lose today.

Again I do like Scotland and Scottish rugby but I just want to see Japan in the quarters (they should beat USA)

I'd normally probably go for Samoa, but due to betting g'wan Scotland!

Can't agree more with Tigs Man, normally I'd support Scotland against anyone except Wales, but it would be awesome in Japan made it through

Last edited:
Scotland 2 pts behind no justice. come Samoa puts these guys away!

Latest posts