• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool B: Samoa vs. Scotland (10/10/2015)

Yes, we're all Better Together. Get serious people. Scotland will win this by a barrowload, and you all know it.

i want samoa to win so japan have a chance of getting through as per others comments. although realisticly it could be a landslide for scotland

Yes, we're all Better Together. Get serious people. Scotland will win this by a barrowload, and you all know it.

Could you have seen Japan beating SA? Scotland scoring five tries in the second half of consecutive games? Believe it, because it happened. Faith, my friend.
;)

I want Samoa to win, and before the tournament was picking that they would, but now I'm not so sure. At the moment they are playing the worst they have played all century. Can they turn it around? They'll surely be desperate to redeem some pride, but they have looked so unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

Hogg should be banned for his fake girl type soccer fall V the Boks the weekend, this was something we were promised refs were going to come down hard on pre WC, Owen should have at least carded him, it was absolutely disgusting.

Their number 19 fairly obviously deliberately fell on his head to frame his tackler for a spear tackle too. and they had players holding the boks down in the ruck, and then pleading with the ref that the boks weren't rolling away.
These are the reasons Scotland has become my least favourite team.

I want Samoa to win, and before the tournament was picking that they would, but now I'm not so sure. At the moment they are playing the worst they have played all century. Can they turn it around? They'll surely be desperate to redeem some pride, but they have looked so unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

Their number 19 fairly obviously deliberately fell on his head to frame his tackler for a spear tackle too. and they had players holding the boks down in the ruck, and then pleading with the ref that the boks weren't rolling away.

I agree. The only reason I want Scotland to win, is that I don't want Japan to go through, because they also played in THAT GAME THAT MUST NOT BE NAMED.......

So none of it's about the best going through then? It's all about being teeny bopper fans?

Yes about the Teeny bopper fan, about the best going through I reserve comment as I have not been part of this forum long enough and could get in trouble with the admins about starting something and I do NOT want to get in trouble....said with smiley face.

Hogg should be banned for his fake girl type soccer fall V the Boks the weekend, this was something we were promised refs were going to come down hard on pre WC, Owen should have at least carded him, it was absolutely disgusting.

Yes it was pretty embarrassing and dealt with accordingly. It wasn't on a par with some of the dangerous play that the Welsh team has gotten away with in the past so just wind your neck in.

So none of it's about the best going through then? It's all about being teeny bopper fans?

Well if it were to happen that Samoa beat Scotland (unlikely I admit) and Japan beat the USA (likely) then they (Japan) would have more log points and for all intents and purposes be the better/more deserving team?

I mean its not quite as simple as Scotland beat Japan therefr Scotland is the better side. Japan beat SA but only the deranged would say Japan is the better side? I mean, you'd back Scotland vs Japan 9 times out of 10 but in the context of this tournament Japan have so far achieved more. If the tournament were about rewarding the 'best team' then there'd be little point in playing it as lets be honest we'd just hand it over to NZ every 4 years in the context of those 4 years the last while (pro era). But context matters and we are talking tournament rugby; in no one's mind can England not be a top 8 team but there it is, in the context of this tournament they are done.

Also, neutrals tend to back the underdog. If they (we) aren't backing you then its actually reason to smile.

Last edited:
Yes it was pretty embarrassing and dealt with accordingly. It wasn't on a par with some of the dangerous play that the Welsh team has gotten away with in the past so just wind your neck in.

Dangerous play by Wales surely not, or do you have specific stand out examples, Tony Copsey against Ireland or maybe Paul Ringer against England or was it Brian Price against Ireland, God my memory is good.
None of the above play acted like a big girl.

Well if it were to happen that Samoa beat Scotland (unlikely I admit) and Japan beat the USA (likely) then they (Japan) would have more log points and for all intents and purposes be the better/more deserving team?

I mean its not quite as simple as Scotland beat Japan therefr Scotland is the better side. Japan beat SA but only the deranged would say Japan is the better side? I mean, you'd back Scotland vs Japan 9 times out of 10 but in the context of this tournament Japan have so far achieved more. If the tournament were about rewarding the 'best team' then there'd be little point in playing it as lets be honest we'd just hand it over to NZ every 4 years in the context of those 4 years the last while (pro era). But context matters and we are talking tournament rugby; in no one's mind can England not be a top 8 team but there it is, in the context of this tournament they are done.

Also, neutrals tend to back the underdog. If they (we) aren't backing you then its actually reason to smile.

Point taken.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

That one gave me pause to giggle. You really believe what was going through Tim Swinson's head was, "Let's fall on our heads and get the guy banned"? As to cheating in the rucks, can you name the team that doesn't? How do you feel about SA continuing to honour a player with caps who once tried to blind an opponent? Get freaking real.

Samoa aren't even going to get close to a win. They're simply nowehere near good enough.

Dangerous play by Wales surely not, or do you have specific stand out examples, Tony Copsey against Ireland or maybe Paul Ringer against England or was it Brian Price against Ireland, God my memory is good.
None of the above play acted like a big girl.

I cited a few examples in the Scotland v Wales 6 Nations thread earlier this year. Feel free to peruse at your leisure.

Point taken.

- - - Updated - - -

That one gave me pause to giggle. You really believe what was going through Tim Swinson's head was, "Let's fall on our heads and get the guy banned"? As to cheating in the rucks, can you name the team that doesn't? How do you feel about SA continuing to honour a player with caps who once tried to blind an opponent? Get freaking real.

Samoa aren't even going to get close to a win. They're simply nowhere near good enough.

I can understand how you wouldn't want to believe your countrymen would do such things, but it happened. it was obvious. I was shocked the referee didn't do anything, but I guess it's hard to prove. "the way he accidentally fell" he said. we all knew what he meant. Fourie du Preez was almost as livid as me.

and I wasn't talking about cheating in rucks. i'm talking about framing the opposition. there's a big difference, ethically.

Are you insane? Swinson did not deliberately angle his body down.

I think he tried to make it look worse. Can't do that by accident?

Yes, because in that split second Swinson's thought was how to fall onto his head.

Seems reasonable.

I don't think that he had any such thoughts.....it came natural.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, that's a rich complaint considering the South African team were lucky if they were able to male a tackle below the neck.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think that he had any such thoughts.....it came natural.

As natural as schalk burger looking to gouge out the eyes of other players perhaps?

South Africa's alleged foul play is barely relevant to this thread; I wonder if we have veered off topic. There is a thread about cheating where we could take this discussion.

Last edited:

Latest posts