• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] 2nd Warm Up Match: Wales vs Ireland (29/08/2015)

It is hard to say what is happening here! Ireland not playing full xv yet Wales would appear to be?

However, it is really only a friendly so can one judge the Welsh team on this competent performance?

If I were to see who was getting benefit out of this, Wales are impressive defensively and Cuthbert is showing poorly. Ireland, well they should be more encouraged as their second team are matching the Welsh. But, as I say, I am not sure anyone can base predictions in the RWC on this match!

Commentator says it is humid.....try watching it in your swimmers in 40 degrees!! I am sweating more than the players!

For Ireland it's fairly average Dave Kearney the only 1 really enhancing his chances. Henderson and Earls in small shades.

For Ireland it's fairly average Dave Kearney the only 1 really enhancing his chances. Henderson and Earls in small shades.

I think Tipuric is the only Welsh guy enhancing his rep and he is only back up to Warburton! Lydiate has been anonymous!

Bowe and Healy but the other 3 not sure.. O'Brien will always be impact off the bench

This statement alone proves you have no knowledge of Irish rugby, after Murray and Sexton O'Brien is the first name on the the teamsheet. Bowe, Trimble, Payne, O'Brien, Ross, Best and Healy are first choice players. Henderson might push out Toner but I doubt it considering what he offers to the set piece.

This statement alone proves you have no knowledge of Irish rugby, after Murray and Sexton O'Brien is the first name on the the teamsheet. Bowe, Trimble, Payne, O'Brien, Ross, Best and Healy are first choice players. Henderson might push out Toner but I doubt it considering what he offers to the set piece.

If you play Payne Trimble and Best that's fine by me :)

Had that been given as a try it would have been disastrous for Wales!!

Thought they might have taken Paulie off earlier to give him the ovation he deserves?

Good performance from Wales. Good line speed and physicality, could work on protecting their own ball a bit though.

Remains to be seen how much it really means against an Ireland without certain key players though.

Amazing, amazing win.

Tipiuric was absolutely outstanding and Tom Francis is looking good.

Good news on both Earls and Sexton injury front both looking fine according to joe. Disappointed with that from Ireland, started rusty which was forgivable, then became ill-disciplined which is unacceptable. Ireland hung on with Hendo's performance the best he's had in an Ireland jersey. Both Kearney's were good, but was disappointed with Luke, looks like he may miss out with Earls and D.Kearney being the options.

Tipuric, MOM by a mile. What a proper no.7; what a player. The type of payer England are missing and crying out for.

Worse thing is I can now see Australia playing Pocock and Hooper and Wales will play Tipuric and Warburton against England. If both Australia and Wales can get parity in the front 5, I can see England being in a lot of trouble at the breakdown. They will rely on Cole, Launchbury and Billy to match Australia and Wales there. Will it be good enough?

Last edited:

Latest posts