• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 U20 Six Nations

man how do you guys even gather the motivation to watch U20 ? It's like people who watch College Basketball, I just don't get it. You've got the NBA, why in the world of worlds of our world would you want to watch anything lower in quality than the NBA ?

just very tough to understand for me.

As an aside, many basktball fans do prefer to watch College Basketball because it's considered to be a better demonstration of team play rather than individual egos vying for attention in a professional world (and some of the same criticisms are leveled at the NFL)

I wouldn't say rugby is so bad, but it is a little nice just to watch the up and coming players. And hey, at least England tend to win at the U20s level

http://irishunderagerugby.wordpress.com/

Breakdown of the squad for anone interested. No great insight but good overview.

Been honest a lot of politics this year in selections. Not necessarily toward any province (although 7 Lansdowne) but just hope we perform well although seems to be trouble between provincial reps over this and anger among a lot.

Been honest a lot of politics this year in selections. Not necessarily toward any province (although 7 Lansdowne) but just hope we perform well although seems to be trouble between provincial reps over this and anger among a lot.

What were they angry about? All the Lansdowne players involved?

What were they angry about? All the Lansdowne players involved?

That was 1 issue. 1 didn't even make Leinster interprovincial team but a lot were signed in summer supposedly with this but a lot also is provincial moaning but not sure who's right or wrong and at end of day I'll support whatever 15 take the field.

Only 2 from Ulster and one didn't grow up here

That seems a little odd alright. There's a video up on irishrugby.ie where Ruddock says he didn't see Harrison brewer play much but picked him on pedigree. Doesn't sound fair on other players.

Ruddock is a good coach in fairness.

That seems a little odd alright. There's a video up on irishrugby.ie where Ruddock says he didn't see Harrison brewer play much but picked him on pedigree. Doesn't sound fair on other players.

Ruddock is a good coach in fairness.

I don't think Ruddock is the issue. He's the coach but there's a lot more than him picking squads. As you said yourself regards players picked on pedigree. But the truth is there has been politics for years but the players can't be blamed and there is talent there. But it is weaker compared to recent years and I'd expect us to be 3rd but it's 20s and anyone can beat anyone

If I were from Connacht I'd be steaming at that squad. It's quite possible to be jaundiced about it being an Ulster fan as well - but lost 2 in the Interpros, fans not that complimentary about the skill levels, very young U20s side. So, like, whatevs. But Connacht, there's been a bit of noise about guys like O'Hagan and Parata that didn't make it, had good Interpros...

If I were from Connacht I'd be steaming at that squad. It's quite possible to be jaundiced about it being an Ulster fan as well - but lost 2 in the Interpros, fans not that complimentary about the skill levels, very young U20s side. So, like, whatevs. But Connacht, there's been a bit of noise about guys like O'Hagan and Parata that didn't make it, had good Interpros...

Peat I think there should be more scouting than inter pros. Like the difference between guys in school system and club system effect chances of making squad. Then for instance I know 1 lad made Munster 20s yet couldn't make his club 20s yet there's 2 lads tearing up trees for there AIL 20s club and junior club yet they weren't considered despite being much better. I'm not saying much as I don't have answers but there is major politics in selections and I'm not singling Leinster in that but all provinces

Hi all,

Just found this forum while looking to see which U20 matches will be shown, and to be honest I can not see where!! Anyone able to advise me if the U20 games are to be shown?

Thanks

Well looking on TV listings at the times of the games, it seems they are not being televised.

Ireland team:

15. David Busby (Queen's University/Ulster)
14. Adam Byrne (UCD/Leinster)
13. Gary Ringrose (UCD/Leinster)
12. Peter Robb (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
11. Ian Fitzpatrick (Lansdowne/Leinster)
10. Ross Byrne (UCD/Leinster)
9. Nick McCarthy (UCD/Leinster)
1. Peter Dooley (Lansdowne/Leinster)

2. Max Abbott (Cork Constitution/Munster)
3. Rory Burke (Cork Constitution/Munster)
4. Sean O'Brien (Galwegians/Connacht)
5. Ross Molony (UCD/Leinster)
6. Peadar Timmins (UCD/Leinster)
7. Dan Leavy (UCD/Leinster) CAPTAIN

8. Jack O'Donoghue (UL Bohemians/Munster)

Replacements:
16. Shane Delahunt (Lansdowne/Leinster)
17. Jacob Walshe (Buccaneers/Connacht)
18. Oisin Heffernan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
19. Joe Joyce (Bristol/Exiles)
20. Rory Moloney (Buccaneers/Connacht)
21. Jack Cullen (Bruff/Munster)
22. Conor McKeon (Lansdowne/Leinster)
23. Dan Goggin (Young Munster/Munster)

Kelleher is out with an injury along with Dardis.

Lansdowne must have some front row or is it coincidence it same club as Ruddock??
Disappointed there's no Dardis as he has that spark but where will he play when fit. A steady team which should do the job

Well two of the three starters are Cork Con and there's no questioning them..

Dooley was a starter last year, Heffernan started Ireland u18's last year and is good enough to have skipped 19's for Leinster and Ireland and Delahunt has been involved for ages in age group set up.

Some people like to give about the amount of Lansdowne players but it does make some amount of sense that they're there. The best players in Leinster will generally got to UCD or Lansdowne after school and Leinster generally have the best age group sides. Player will pick Lansdowne because it's a club with a good set up and they know Ruddock will see them a lot.

Well two of the three starters are Cork Con and there's no questioning them..

Dooley was a starter last year, Heffernan started Ireland u18's last year and is good enough to have skipped 19's for Leinster and Ireland and Delahunt has been involved for ages in age group set up.

Some people like to give about the amount of Lansdowne players but it does make some amount of sense that they're there. The best players in Leinster will generally got to UCD or Lansdowne after school and Leinster generally have the best age group sides. Player will pick Lansdowne because it's a club with a good set up and they know Ruddock will see them a lot.

Was more due to rumour few were in after signing for Lansdowne in summer. I know that Delahunt was said to have been unable to start for Leinster 20's in any of interpros and wasn't deserving of a start as he was by far a poorer hooker than starter. And this isn't provincial bias the Cork Con lads are good I'm sure UCD lads are worthy and maybe some of Lansdowne are too but this was story which came from a man that'd know his stuff on Leinster branch. He's a Leinster man and just said it was rumoured some players were offered Irish spot to come to Lansdowne.
I don't know much about a lot of Leinster youngsters and if I'm wrong I won't have problem accepting as I just asking it as it has been doing rounds and it came from Leinster men

Good for Bristol, Joyce in Ireland squad and Braley named England Captain. Think we have a Scottish representative too

Good for Bristol, Joyce in Ireland squad and Braley named England Captain. Think we have a Scottish representative too

You say that, if he does any good he's a signing target for all of the major provinces...

Full England team

15 Nathan Earle (Saracens)
14 Zach Kibirige (Newcastle Falcons)
13 Nick Tompkins (Saracens)
12 Tom Stephenson (Northampton Saints)
11 Henry Purdy (Leicester Tigers)
10 Billy Burns (Gloucester Rugby)
9 Callum Braley (Bristol Rugby, captain)

1 Danny Hobbs-Awoyemi (Northampton Saints)
2 Harry Thacker (Leicester Tigers)
3 Paul Hill (Leeds Carnegie)
4 Maro Itoje (Saracens)
5 Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby)
6 Ross Moriarty (Gloucester Rugby)
7 Joel Conlon (Exeter Chiefs)
8 James Chisholm (Harlequins)

Replacements:

16 Tom Woolstencroft (Bath Rugby)
17 Alex Lundberg (London Wasps)
18 Adam Jamieson (Bath Rugby)
19 Tom Ellis (Bath Rugby)
20 Will Owen (Leicester Tigers)
21 Henry Taylor (Loughborough University)
22 Sam Olver (Northampton Saints)
23 Howard Packman (Northampton Saints)

That Peter Robb guy is humongous!! At first I thought this was an up to date pic of him

INPHO_00327855.jpg

I had the biggest wtf face on me thinking how this guy was going to cope.

Attachments

• INPHO_00327855.jpg
    INPHO_00327855.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 9
Well looking on TV listings at the times of the games, it seems they are not being televised.

The Wales games are televised. Wales v Italy is being shown on BBC2W tonight. Unsure is S4C will pick up some of the games.

Latest posts