• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Waratahs v Brumbies (Round 17)

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
140623040724826780.png

1. Benn Robinson
2. Tatafu Polota Nau
3. Sekope Kepu
4. Jacques Potgieter
5. Kane Douglas
6. Dave Dennis (captain)
7. Michael Hooper
8. Wycliff Palu
9. Nick Phipps
10. Bernard Foley
11. Rob Horne
12. Kurtley Beale
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper
14. Alofa Alofa
15. Israel Folau
140623040723572128.png

140623040721753708.png

1. Scott Sio
2. Ruaidhri Murphy
3. Ben Alexander
4. Scott Fardy
5. Leon Power
6. Jordan Smiler
7. Jarrad Butler
8. Ben Mowen
9. Nic White
10. Christian Lealiifano
11. Robbie Coleman
12. Andrew Smith
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg

Last edited:
Nor Moore and no Tomua will make this pretty hard for the Brums... expecting a solid Tahs win.

Brumbies:

1. Scott Sio
2. Ruaidhri Murphy
3. Ben Alexander
4. Scott Fardy
5. Leon Power
6. Jordan Smiler
7. Jarrad Butler
8. Ben Mowen
9. Nic White
10. Christian Lealiifano
11. Robbie Coleman
12. Andrew Smith
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg

Reserves:

16. Luke Holmes
17. Jean-Pierre Smith
18. Ruan Smith
19. Jack Whetton
20. Fotu Auelua
21. Michael Dowsett
22. Lionel Cronje
23. Clyde Rathbone

Waratahs:

1. Benn Robinson
2. Tatafu Polota Nau
3. Sekope Kepu
4. Jacques Potgieter
5. Kane Douglas
6. Dave Dennis (c)
7. Michael Hooper
8. Wycliff Palu
9. Nick Phipps
10. Bernard Foley
11. Rob Horne
12. Kurtley Beale
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper
14. Alofa Alofa
15. Israel Folau

Reserves:

16. Tolu Latu
17. Jeremy Tilse
18. Paddy Ryan
19. Will Skelton
20. Stephen Hoiles
21. Brendan McKibbin
22. Jono Lance
23. Taqele Naiyaravoro
24. Cam Crawford

Last edited:
Brumbies having to resort to starting a LH prop at hooker. Their lineouts may be interesting...

Given the Brumbies injuries I'm picking the Waratahs to win here by around 10 points.

65 minutes, Tahs 24 - Brumbies 8

C'mon Tahs!!!! Go to the playoffs!

Tries:

Benn Robinson, Alofa Alofa and Bernard Foley (Tahs)

Jesse Mogg (Brumbies)

Please Brumbies, win by 8.

Sorry, mate :p

Last edited:
Another try by Alofa Alofa! Amazing move!!!!!!

Tahs 31 - Brumbies 8

70 minutes

Massive win for the Waratahs. At this stage I would say they should be favourites to take out the ***le...

Was always going to be tough for the Brumbies with all their injuries, but still - a 31 point thrashing wasn't what I expected. Was going to say I feel a little sorry for the brums, but f##k 'em - they're cheating a--holes and they had this coming ;-) .

Was always going to be tough for the Brumbies with all their injuries, but still - a 31 point thrashing wasn't what I expected. Was going to say I feel a little sorry for the brums, but f##k 'em - they're cheating a--holes and they had this coming ;-) .

Were you in the Stadium? How much crowd were there? Approximately

Were you in the Stadium? How much crowd were there? Approximately

Nah, missed this way. Too knackered and am running on about 2 hours of sleep, so I just couldn't be arsed to make it out to that crappy stadium. Looked like they got about 20k though.

Nah, missed this way. Too knackered and am running on about 2 hours of sleep, so I just couldn't be arsed to make it out to that crappy stadium. Looked like they got about 20k though.

Why crappy stadium? Are you watching the Force's game? They are being crushed by Blues, 4 tries in only 20 minutes! :eek:

The stadium is in homebush too far our west and the views at the ground suck because it was built for the Olympics and not for Rugby League/Union or soccer.

Yeah, watching the Force - they look like the team they were in the first week. Just an absolute shambles.

The stadium is in homebush too far our west and the views at the ground suck because it was built for the Olympics and not for Rugby League/Union or soccer.

Yeah, watching the Force - they look like the team they were in the first week. Just an absolute shambles.

Then ANZ stadium is in the suburbs and the Allianz stadium is in the city?

Last edited:
That's right Conrad. ANZ Stadium is in Sydney Olympic Park in the NW suburbs of Sydney where as Allianz is in Moore Park in the heart of the city. Despite Allianz only fitting 45,000 it is a fantastic stadium to watch rugby. As sanzar said, ANZ was built for the 2000 Olympics and unless you are sitting on reasonably high up between the two 22's, is not great for watching rugby.

I hope the Wallabies and Waratahs have been taking note at (a) the crowd attendance and (b) the atmosphere, when the games at played at Allianz. The difference is night and day. Great examples was the 3rd French Test Match last weekend.

That's right Conrad. ANZ Stadium is in Sydney Olympic Park in the NW suburbs of Sydney where as Allianz is in Moore Park in the heart of the city. Despite Allianz only fitting 45,000 it is a fantastic stadium to watch rugby. As sanzar said, ANZ was built for the 2000 Olympics and unless you are sitting on reasonably high up between the two 22's, is not great for watching rugby.

I hope the Wallabies and Waratahs have been taking note at (a) the crowd attendance and (b) the atmosphere, when the games at played at Allianz. The difference is night and day. Great examples was the 3rd French Test Match last weekend.

And what about Union and League supporters? Where is the Union's stronghold and where is the League's stronghold in Sydney and NSW?

Rugby Union is typically a class game in Australia. In Sydney, union's heartland is the North Shore and Eastern Suburbs - the more affluent areas where the private scools are. League is strongest out west and south but is really everywhere besides the north now and has a strong presence in inner and eastern Sydney.

I'd add a small caveat to that post from Guilty. Rugby is mostly in the east and north, but depending on the community it has a following out west too. My girlfriend is of Tongan heritage (born here) and whilst we live in the east, most of her family live west and they all play and follow rugby. Basically anywhere in Sydney there are Pacific Islander communities there is a guaranteed rugby following and most of them play in the public schools.

Latest posts