• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Sharks v Reds (Round 5)

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
140310034415113290.gif

140310034427451809.jpg

140310034420635601.jpg

JP is back! Wonder if he will get a spot on the bench. Mvovo and Ndungane have been fine, so no reason to drop them yet. Phase in JP next week and hopefully begin a bit of rotation. Front row and back row could do with it. Think second row will stay the same, Marais could be brought in after VC duties.

JP is back! Wonder if he will get a spot on the bench. Mvovo and Ndungane have been fine, so no reason to drop them yet. Phase in JP next week and hopefully begin a bit of rotation. Front row and back row could do with it. Think second row will stay the same, Marais could be brought in after VC duties.

I was reading on the sport24 website, that it appears that Jake White will put JP straight into the starting line up, if he comes through training ok

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super15/White-honeymoon-period-over-20140310

Sharks starting very well this year with Jake in charge. I give the Reds no shot at all for this one.

Seriously Jake White has to be one of the top 3 coaches in the world. SA were totally crazy to let him go in the first place. Will be intresting to see how long until he's back at the helm of the Springboks.

The Bulls vs Sharks match at Loftus next week will be very telling indeed.

Ndungane won't play this weekend. He's been given time of because his father passed away. Looks like JP Pietersen will be in the matchday 23. Just not sure if he'll be on the bench with Sithole playing, or if he will jump straight into the starting line-up.

Jordaan will be out for a month, with a knee injury. My prediction for our back-line now will be:

9. Reinach
10.Lambie
11.Mvovo
12.Steyn
13.Williams
14.Pietersen
15.Marais

21.McLeod
22.Zeilinga
23.Sithole

Really??? F**K!!!!!!!!!!!! He's my player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ranting:
I'm gutted too mate, we gain JP and lose Paul.
Not sure if Williams will play OC, might lack the pace we went. White has stated that JP could be used not only on the wing.

I was also thinking JPP could slot in at 13 to cover for Jordaan but Williams has looked good though at IC. But if Ndungane is not available that probably decides it.

Would Lambie be 100% so soon after tick bite fever I wonder? I remember I was out of it for some when the little buggers got me last; certainly in no shape to play top flight rugby after a week even if I had the ability.

I was also thinking JPP could slot in at 13 to cover for Jordaan but Williams has looked good though at IC. But if Ndungane is not available that probably decides it.

Would Lambie be 100% so soon after tick bite fever I wonder? I remember I was out of it for some when the little buggers got me last; certainly in no shape to play top flight rugby after a week even if I had the ability.

I was thinking that too!

Tick bite fever isn't something you quickly recover from, and it takes a while to get back on your feet.

I'm gutted too mate, we gain JP and lose Paul.
Not sure if Williams will play OC, might lack the pace we went. White has stated that JP could be used not only on the wing.

I like very much Paul Jordaan, I think he has a great future. The other day in a facebook page I said that I would like to see Jan Serfontein and Paul Jordaan playing together in the Boks, 12 and 13, as I think they are young blood and JDV is in his final year career. However, an Afrikaner was mocked my comment saying that they aren't ready to play together on Boks. What do you think? They could play together in Boks? Or they still lack experience to be in the starting SA XV?

Tick bite fever?? WTF??

They could be future Bok combinations yes, but not now
As things stand now I will not even play Jan ahead of Frans Steyn in any case, then you have De Allende and Stephan Watermeyer also coming through
12 will be very tightly contested going forward.
Jean might also shift to 13 for the Boks.
Will only consider them as possibility for the Boks after the World Cup

Lambie developed swollen glands on the Friday night - a sympton associated with tick bite fever, they said possible tick bite fever - Google it to get the exact meaning, too complex for a non medical person to put it here

They could be future Bok combinations yes, but not now
As things stand now I will not even play Jan ahead of Frans Steyn in any case, then you have De Allende and Stephan Watermeyer also coming through
12 will be very tightly contested going forward.
Jean might also shift to 13 for the Boks.
Will only consider them as possibility for the Boks after the World Cup

Lambie developed swollen glands on the Friday night - a sympton associated with tick bite fever, they said possible tick bite fever - Google it to get the exact meaning, too complex for a non medical person to put it here

Steyn and Jordaan for boks has the bonus of them playing together all season in the soup. I like de Allende, could be great to have him on the bench as outside back cover.

Reds side named

QUEENSLAND REDS: Aidan Toua, Rod Davies, Chris Feauai-Sautia, Mike Harris, Lachie Turner, Quade Cooper, Will Genia; Jake Schatz, Liam Gill, Ed Quirk, James Horwill, Rob Simmons, Greg Holmes, Saia Fainga'a, James Slipper. Reserves: James Hanson, Ben Daley, Jono Owen, Ed O'Donoghue, Beau Robinson, Nick Frisby, Ben Tapuai, Dom Shipperley

Sharks side for this weekend:

15. SP Marais, 14. JP Pietersen, 13. S'bura Sithole, 12. Frans Steyn, 11. Lwazi Mvovo
10. Patrick Lambie, 9. Cobus Reinach, 8. Ryan Kankowski, 7. Willem Alberts, 6. Marcell Coetzee, 5. Pieter-Steph du Toit, 4. Anton Bresler, 3. Jannie du Plessis, 2. Bismarck du Plessis (Captain), 1. Tendai Mtawarira

Replacements: 16. Kyle Cooper, 17. Dale Chadwick, 18. Lourens Adriaanse, 19. Stephan Lewies, 20. Tera Mtembu, 21. Charl McLeod, 22. Heimar Williams, 23. Jaco van Tonder

Sharks side for this weekend:

15. SP Marais, 14. JP Pietersen, 13. S'bura Sithole, 12. Frans Steyn, 11. Lwazi Mvovo
10. Patrick Lambie, 9. Cobus Reinach, 8. Ryan Kankowski, 7. Willem Alberts, 6. Marcell Coetzee, 5. Pieter-Steph du Toit, 4. Anton Bresler, 3. Jannie du Plessis, 2. Bismarck du Plessis (Captain), 1. Tendai Mtawarira

Replacements: 16. Kyle Cooper, 17. Dale Chadwick, 18. Lourens Adriaanse, 19. Stephan Lewies, 20. Tera Mtembu, 21. Charl McLeod, 22. Heimar Williams, 23. Jaco van Tonder

One word:

POTENT!!

Tick is such an innocent sounding name. I've always thought the Afrikaans 'bosluis' just sounded more appropriate with those maliscious sounding 's's.

Post JdV and Jaque Fourie (if Fourie is still in contention) will be interesting. Frans Steyn is still young and it seems Jake is getting the business out of him so I'd love for him to be there. Then Serfontein and Engelbrecht probably have the inside track seeing as they've been around the bok squad but De Allende and Jordaan have shown just as much and possibly even more potential so.. it's just good we have options. I remember only recently Steyn and JdV were off form and the other centers in the country weren't more than SR players with Meisiekind being the 'best of the rest'.

This is interesting - 14. JP Pietersen, 13. S'bura Sithole
JP played center before and also in Japan, think they might swop around a bit ingame

Very strong side, they need to make a statement against the Reds

Sharks should do the business, but it needs to start upfront Sharks have a good side all around the park but the Reds backline is still very dangerous if given room, if Sharks strangle the reds up front should be a relatively easy win at home.

It will be a tough test for Reds, plus the game is in SA. I see very few opportunities for me Aussie team

One word:

POTENT!!

Yeahhhh and without Paul Jordaan. Reds will have to do a great job on defense to stop the Sharks attack

Last edited:
Sharks should do the business, but it needs to start upfront Sharks have a good side all around the park but the Reds backline is still very dangerous if given room, if Sharks strangle the reds up front should be a relatively easy win at home.

Yes, if the Sharks can deprive the Reds of any go forward ball, it should take the likes of Genia, Cooper, and the rest of the backline, out of the equation ... If they were playing in Queensland, I'd give the Reds more of a chance, but I think the home ground advantage and conditions will prove too difficult for the Reds to overcome, so the Sharks to win this one

Latest posts