• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Rebels v Cheetahs (Round 3)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Great game so far - Rebels all over cheetahs.

Scott Higginbotham did a Danny Cipriani, taking a cheeky crossfield from a penalty 5m out, resulting in a try

Cheetahs have been very poor.

Goosen, in particular, has completely failed to fire so far this season.

Rebels played very well and Cheetahs had a shocker.
Also the Rebels first game so the theory of having a bye first is bad for you is rubbish.

Rebels could be the new "Cheetahs 2013"?? Surprising everyone!

Whoa. Just finished watching this match. What a game!! Rebs surprised the hell out of me. They really made it an entertaining and exciting contest.

das

I love this game as a rebels fan. I was gutted about how we lost after the siren 2 seasons ago to them so great to get one back and I also think that the Rebels have turned a corner. They usually throw it around, leak a bunch of tries. Win a couple, lose a couple, whatever. Last night the Rebels looked solid, hopefully more to come!

Brilliant match by the Rebels. Still can't get over the cross field kick try from Higgers! Don't think I've ever seen a play like that from an 8 - and it was so beautifully executed too!

Brilliant match by the Rebels. Still can't get over the cross field kick try from Higgers! Don't think I've ever seen a play like that from an 8 - and it was so beautifully executed too!

Obviously not a number 8, but I do remember Ali Williams doing something very similar against the Wallabies a few years ago (for Doug Howlett to score).

Obviously not a number 8, but I do remember Ali Williams doing something very similar against the Wallabies a few years ago (for Doug Howlett to score).

I think I remember that actually - Ali Williams is a class player. Very happy for the Rebels though - they're playing a great style of rugby right now and have yet to lose a game since the trials started. I hope they do well this year and make the finals after the Tahs, as it would be a leg up for the game in Melbourne.

On a completely unrelated note, the only other thing I would say is that they ought to change their jersey colours; there's just too many team in Australia with Blue of some shade as their primary colour. I mean, you get it with the Tahs and their rather long history, but it's not really necessary for the force and the rebels to be decked out in blue.

Latest posts