• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Lions vs Crusaders (Round 8)

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
140401044008647935.png

15. Andries Coetzee
14. Deon van Rensburg
13. Lionel Mapoe
12. Stefan Watermeyer
11. Courtnall Skosan
10. Marnitz Boshoff
9. Faf de Klerk
8. Warren Whiteley (c)
7. Willie Britz
6. Jaco Kriel
5. Martin Muller
4. Franco Mostert
3. Julian Redelinghuys
2. Willie Wepener
1. Schalk van der Merwe

14040104403579811.png

140401043947482494.png

1. Wyatt Crockett
2. Ben Funnell
3. Owen Franks
4. Dominic Bird
5. Samuel Whitelock
6. George Whitelock (VC)
7. Matt Todd
8. Luke Whitelock
9. Andy Ellis
10. Colin Slade
11. Johnny McNicholl
12. Ryan Crotty (C)
13. Kieron Fonotia
14. Nemani Nadolo
15. Israel Dagg

Last edited:
New captain and 6 changes in Saders to face Lions:

1. Wyatt Crockett,2. Ben Funnell ,3. Owen Franks,4. Dominic Bird ,5. Samuel Whitelock,6. George Whitelock (VC),7. Matt Todd,8. Luke Whitelock ,9. Andy Ellis ,10. Colin Slade ,11. Johnny McNicholl ,12. Ryan Crotty (C) ,13. Kieron Fonotia,14. Nemani Nadolo ,15. Israel Dagg

If the Lions can pull this one off it will be better than anyone (in SA at least) would have predicted

If the Lions can pull this one off it will be better than anyone (in SA at least) would have predicted

Lions can, this is the time. Saders are very weak now, missing important players and some aren't at their best.

Last edited:
I'm picking the Crusaders to win, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Lions win again.

The Crusaders will miss Read, and I feel Taufua would have been a better option at 8 in his absence (as they really lack ball runners in that pack!).

Good to see Nadolo starting on the wing. I still have doubts about him, but he looked good last week and will certainly break a few tackles and draw in defenders. I'm not sure about the inclusion of Fonotia though. He will certainly straighten the Crusaders attack, but he is rather predctable, and I don't rate his distribution. My biggest concern though is that in the absence of Taylor the Crusaders are left with Slade as their 1st choice kicker. They lost their 1st match of the season due to poor goal-kicking, I hope it doesn't cost them again...

Anyone watching? It's been a slow game so far - 0-6 Crusaders. I'm not betting on anyone - the Lions have been surprising this year, and the Crusaders absolutely shocking. I wish a win for the Saders, but...not holding my breath.

das

The game's starting to pick up and finally we have a couple tries - Lions 7 - 13 Crusaders. The crowd's starting to liven up, too.

EDIT: Okay, I can say that the TMO and ref did a good job on not awarding that Crusaders try that was held up. Good catch.

EDIT: Finally, a decisive win for the Saders. Let's hope this is the start of their climb up the table.

das

Last edited:
Wow didn't think the Crusaders could win, is it worth me spending 90 minutes watching the game?

Wow didn't think the Crusaders could win, is it worth me spending 90 minutes watching the game?

First half was a bit of a snooze - second half probably worth a watch if you get a chance. There was actually a good call by the TMO & ref on a possible Saders' try - that was probably the highlight.

das

For once a Nz team plans and executes a good strategy that is not based on suicidal rugby! As much as we love to see running rugby it should be done in the correct half.

Latest posts