• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Hurricanes vs Bulls (Round 8)

Yeah soft try at the end there, but still have the lead going into the 2nd half.

The amount of work the Bulls have done they gonna be poked in the last 20 and then we might see a gap in the scoreboard.

Go Savea.

The bulls are well in this game again now. But yeah the last 20 could be pretty telling hopefully. Franks going off has made a noticeable difference imo.

Hope the Canes keep running at Pollard. He doesn't seem too keen on tackling...

Goal-kicking doesn't look like his thing either ;)

Last edited:
Cant believe shields isnt on yet....

Normal service has resumed Hurricanes need to frikin wake up.

Last edited:
Pollard can run the ball though!

Bulls with the chance to take the lead...

Fantastic kick by Barrett to re-take the lead.

Both Leuia and Taylor have made a few unforced errors, but they're attacking well regardless. Savea has looked dangerous literally every time he has the ball.

ARRRRHGHGH!!!!

How is it that PROFESSIONAL rugby players are incapable of holding on to the %#$@&$^@# ball!!!!

Knock-on. Scrum for 2 mins. Knock-on. Scrum for 2 mins. Knock-on. Scrum for 2 mins.

Working out well for the Canes...

Barrett all fired up as he actually made a good tackle :)

Game over. Good win for the Canes. I really enjoyed the intensity of the game in the 2nd half, and it was good to see the Canes win a close match.

Savea was phenomenal all match - not just breaking tackles at will, but dominating in the air. Lam was just as good in my opinion, dominating the breakdown. The Cane's scrum impressed, and the lineout went pretty well (though I think it was overly complicated at times). Barrett, Smith, and Jane were all good too - Barrett's goal-kicking was a key to victory. Leiua and Taylor were very dangerous, but both made far too many errors (I like Leiua's work at the breakdown though).

Haven these commies ever heard of points differential?

Points differential is only the second tie-breaker. FYI

[TEXTAREA]Super Rugby: Table Tie breaking rules

In the event of two or more teams being equal on competition points for any position on either the Conference or Super Rugby Standings tables, either during or at the end of the season, such position will be decided upon using the following steps until the tie is broken:

(a) Most wins from all matches;
(b) Highest aggregate points difference from all matches;
(c) Most tries from all matches;
(d) Highest aggregate difference of total tries for versus tries scored against from all matches;
(e) Coin toss.[/TEXTAREA]

http://www.superxv.com/about/

Game over. Good win for the Canes. I really enjoyed the intensity of the game in the 2nd half, and it was good to see the Canes win a close match.

Savea was phenomenal all match - not just breaking tackles at will, but dominating in the air. Lam was just as good in my opinion, dominating the breakdown. The Cane's scrum impressed, and the lineout went pretty well (though I think it was overly complicated at times). Barrett, Smith, and Jane were all good too - Barrett's goal-kicking was a key to victory. Leiua and Taylor were very dangerous, but both made far too many errors (I like Leiua's work at the breakdown though).

Very positive review of the canes ! I am hoping they evolve into a contenders for a playoff position but on tonight's performance I don't think they are clinical enough in their execution.

Whew. Good to see the Canes win. I was starting to think that the only teams New Zealand teams could beat were other New Zealand teams...

das

Very positive review of the canes ! I am hoping they evolve into a contenders for a playoff position but on tonight's performance I don't think they are clinical enough in their execution.

They are an interesting team, plenty of attacking flair and ability in the backline yet they lack penetration.

Bulls defended out of this world for most of the match and the Canes forwards never got the go forward they need to really allow the backs room to play. Savea was so busy and was impressed by his workload, felt he read the game well and got so involved because the forwards made little fround. Lam did great getting turnovers but a lot of them ended up in penalties and didn't allow for flowing game play.

Was good to see Jane back and playing well, he brings so much to the table.

Points differential is only the second tie-breaker. FYI

Still every team needs to give themselves the greatest chance possible.

Latest posts