• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Hurricanes vs Bulls (Round 8)

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
140401044004500210.png

15 Andre Taylor
14 Cory Jane
13 Conrad Smith
12 Alapati Leiua
11 Julian Savea
10 Beauden Barrett
9 TJ Perenara
8 Victor Vito
7 Jack Lam
6 Faifili Levave
5 James Broadhurst
4 Jeremy Thrush
3 Jeff Toomaga-Allen/John Schwalger
2 Dane Coles
1 Ben Franks
14040104403579811.png

140401043934749262.png

15 Jurgen Visser
14 Akona Ndungane
13 JJ Engelbrecht
12 Jan Serfontein
11 Bjorn Basson
10 Jacques-Louis Potgieter
9 Francois Hougaard
8 Jacques Engelbrecht
7 Dewald Potgieter
6 Deon Stegmann
5 Flip van der Merwe (captain)
4 Paul Willemse
3 Werner Kruger
2 Callie Visagie
1 Dean Greyling

Last edited:
I'd give the Bulls the nod but home advantage has been so telling this year..

HURRICANES: Andre Taylor, Cory Jane, Conrad Smith, Alapati Leiua, Julian Savea, Beauden Barrett, TJ Perenara, Victor Vito, Jack Lam, Faifili Levave, James Broadhurst, Jeremy Thrush, Jeff Toomaga-Allen/John Schwalger, Dane Coles, Ben Franks. Reserves: Ash Dixon, Chris Eves, Schwalger/Reggie Goodes, Blade Thomson, Brad Shields, Billy Guyton, Hadleigh Parkes,

Good to see Shields and Vito back, along with Jane. No Ardie Savea this week, once again against a South African side ;)

Not too sure how well that midfield is going to go, we shall see...

I agree - it is great to see Shields and Vito. Though the Canes loose-forwards have been good at times I do think they have really missed Vito, not just for his work around the field but for his prowess at the front of the lineout.

Like Mr Fish I'm not sure about that midfield! Leiua's distribution has never impressed me, neither has his defensive positioning/awareness (and he was brilliant on the wing last week!). Obviously Jane is a much better player than Parkes, but personally I think the backline would look better with Parkes at 12, Leiua on the wing, and Jane on the bench (or at 15).

Bulls:

15 Jurgen Visser, 14 Akona Ndungane, 13 JJ Engelbrecht, 12 Jan Serfontein, 11 Bjorn Basson, 10 Jacques-Louis Potgieter, 9 Francois Hougaard, 8 Jacques Engelbrecht, 7 Dewald Potgieter, 6 Deon Stegmann, 5 Flip van der Merwe (captain), 4 Paul Willemse, 3 Werner Kruger, 2 Callie Visagie, 1 Dean Greyling.

Substitutes: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Marcel van der Merwe, 18 Morné Mellett, 19 Grant Hattingh, 20 Jacques du Plessis, 21 Piet van Zyl, 22 Handré Pollard, 23 Ulrich Beyers

Thanks mate for the lineup. Why Jacques du Plessis isn't in the starting XV?

Cheers

I think it's because of the rotation plicy the Bulls have, he has played every game so far and they feel he needs a rest.

Looking forward to this! Could pave the way for both team's seasons.

Looks like we're in for a very interesting game! Hurricanes showing great continuity, Bulls defence very well.

Bulls are going to get blown off the park if the hurricanes can keep this up. Hurricanes look great but no scoring....yet. Count how many bulls players had their hand on knees at 7:30

Savea has been outstanding again he was awesome against saders aswell.

EDIT: Bulls faking injuries already....

Last edited:
Hurricanes score a brilliant try from a cross kick, with Jane collecting and throwing the ball inside to Taylor who dives over the line. 8 nil, conversion to come...

Yep, fantastic opening 15 mins by the Canes. Hopefully they can keep it up!

The Canes just demolished the Bulls scrum :eek:

Great tactical kicking in that play too by the Canes....

The bulls are MIA i cant see any other reason for the hurricanes being this good. :eek:

The Bulls have been playing ok (and there defense has been good), the Canes have just been playing much better tactically. They have dominated in the air, and by not kicking the ball out they have eliminated the Bulls greatest strength. Whether they can keep this up for 80 mins is another question though!

And after all their good work the Canes concede a soft try....

Latest posts