• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Hurricanes vs Blues (Round 10)

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
140415072652813248.png

15. Andre Taylor
14. Cory Jane
13. Conrad Smith (c)
12. Alapati Leiua
11. Julian Savea
10. Beauden Barrett
9. TJ Perenara
8. Victor Vito
7. Jack Lam
6. Faifili Levave
5. James Broadhurst
4. Jeremy Thrush
3. Jeffery Toomaga-Allen
2. Dane Coles
1. Reggie Goodes
140415072647401245.png

140415072649247526.png

15. Charles Piutau
14. George Moala
13. Francis Saili
12. Jackson Willison / Ma'a Nonu
11. Lolagi Visinia
10. Chris Noakes
9. Bryn Hall
8. Jerome Kaino
7. Luke Braid (c)
6. Steven Luatua
5. Tom Donnelly
4. Patrick Tuipulotu
3. Charlie Faumuina
2. Keven Mealamu
1. Tony Woodcock

Last edited:
i can already see savea just smashing straight through noakes...

HURRICANES: Andre Taylor, Cory Jane, Conrad Smith (c), Alapati Leiua, Julian Savea, Beauden Barrett, TJ Perenara, Victor Vito, Jack Lam, Faifili Levave, James Broadhurst, Jeremy Thrush, Jeffery Toomaga-Allen, Dane Coles, Reggie Goodes: Reserves: Motu Matu'u, Chris Eves, John Schwalger, Blade Thomson, Ardie Savea, Chris Smylie, Tim Bateman, Matt Proctor.

BLUES: Charles Piutau, George Moala, Francis Saili, Ma'a Nonu, Lolagi Visinia, Chris Noakes, Bryn Hall, Jerome Kaino, Luke Braid (c), Steven Luatua, Tom Donnelly, Patrick Tuipulotu, Charlie Faumuina, Keven Mealamu, Tony Woodcock. Reserves: James Parsons, Sam Prattley, Angus Ta'avao, Liaki Moli, Brendon O'Connor, Jamison Gibson-Park, Benji Marshall, Frank Halai.
<!--start of components/ad/story_rectangle--><!--start of components/ad/standard-->

HURRICANES: Andre Taylor, Cory Jane, Conrad Smith (c), Alapati Leiua, Julian Savea, Beauden Barrett, TJ Perenara, Victor Vito, Jack Lam, Faifili Levave, James Broadhurst, Jeremy Thrush, Jeffery Toomaga-Allen, Dane Coles, Reggie Goodes: Reserves: Motu Matu'u, Chris Eves, John Schwalger, Blade Thomson, Ardie Savea, Chris Smylie, Tim Bateman, Matt Proctor.

BLUES: Charles Piutau, George Moala, Francis Saili, Ma'a Nonu, Lolagi Visinia, Chris Noakes, Bryn Hall, Jerome Kaino, Luke Braid (c), Steven Luatua, Tom Donnelly, Patrick Tuipulotu, Charlie Faumuina, Keven Mealamu, Tony Woodcock. Reserves: James Parsons, Sam Prattley, Angus Ta'avao, Liaki Moli, Brendon O'Connor, Jamison Gibson-Park, Benji Marshall, Frank Halai.
<!--start of components/ad/story_rectangle--><!--start of components/ad/standard-->

Thanks for the lineups, mate!

Thanks for the lineups, mate!

All good, this game has crappy, scrappy, error riddled game written all over it, but I hope I am wrong cause if both these two teams use a bit of width it could be a really great game. I actually think Auckland might win this one. I just wonder if they should be able to get the upper hand in the forwards and get the edge. Thoughts?

Lots of changes for the Blues, not many for the Canes. Interesting to see the Canes have stuck with Leiua at 12 even though Bateman is fit. I was a bit uncertain about Bateman in the midfield before the last Canes games but he performed his core roles pretty well (apart from dropping a bit of ball) so possibly deserves another shot. Slightly surprised Goodes has been given the start rather than Schwalger, as it will be a bit test against that Blues front row. Good to see Ardie Savea back on the bench.

The Blues forward pack looks the strongest it has been all season. Interesting to see Kaino and Luatua switching places at 6 and 8 though. I'm surprised to see Noakes back at 10 again. I've never been a big fan, but his style of play will probably suit the predicted wet weather conditions. Good to see Saili back and 13 and Moala back on the wing (where he is more effective). I think Visinia is a good choice on the wing. His fullback skills will be handy on wet conditions, and Halai hasn't exactly been in great form this season.

Overall I think this is a hard game to call. I think the Blues have the better pack, but the Hurricanes have the better halves pairing, which can be crucial in wet conditions. I'm going to be pick the Blues by 5, but for me it could go either way.

I'm hoping for a Canes win, no real reason.

Both teams looking strong and not much between them, Canes should be better around the halves and their back line has felt more consistent in the last month or so.

Kaino @ 8 offers more I feel and keeping Luatua @ 6 is better for him, Blues forwards looking really strong and for any team to have Halai on the bench as an impact player is a plus.

Shame I'm away for this match, will be interesting. It's going to be a bit of a slog of a game I'd imagine, particularly if this weather continues.

Moala vs Savea is going to be interesting for me.

I love Andre Taylor but feel the Canes may have been better off chucking Marty Banks in at fullback as this weather really doesn't suit Taylor's game.

And so the first five roundabout continues at the Blues ... I imagine both West and Benji will start before too long.

Pleased to see the Nonu and Saili midfield combo at last, should be exciting to see. Also pleased to see Moala on the wing, he's been a threat from midfield so quite right he gets a shot in his favourite position instead of Halai, who has been disappointing. Pack looks good, mostly excited by the return of Tuipolotu and Luatua to 6.

Nonu has been ruled out of the match with a tight hamstring, Jackson Willison will replaced him at 12.

Leiua straight through that man Willison for a try. Canes looking good so far.

Blues catch a lucky break there, Leuia should have passed in-field!

Blues strike back. It has been a pretty good game so far.

EDIT: Canes miss another try by a few millimeters. Fantastic offload by Broadhurst.

Benji Marshall on at 10... Big chance for him!

Last edited:
Its going to be a very interesting second half... Benji on, yellow card for Coles and a penalty try right on half time to the Blues!

Good to see the referee backing himself and blowing for the PT, even though it was the first penalty at the scrum.
A lot of refs would just give the penalty, but the blues pack were definitely marching over the line.

Interesting half of rugby. The Canes looked to be on top for most of the half, but were denied a couple of tries by the TMO, and Barrett's missed a couple of shots at goal. Should be an interesting 2nd half, especially with the Canes down to 14 for the start of it....

EDIT: Canes have a TMO decision go there way - not sure it was the right decision though!

Last edited:
The blues deserve to lose. I think they are some coaching issues at the blues .

Latest posts