• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Blues vs Reds (Round 12)

Moala (the replacement) just make them stronger, see the meters they make on attack, powerful runners, from 12 to 15

Well worked try for the Blues. They deserve their big half-time lead.

O'Connor has played well - his pace is real asset at 7. Saili has looked pretty good at 6 too. Hall has been the pick of the Blues backs for me - I can't see Weepu getting back in the starting lineup if Hall keeps playing like this.

The only good news for the Reds is Genia has looked very sharp - a couple of good kicks, some try saving tackles, and a steal at the breakdown. It's a pity (for them) that the rest of his side isn't following his lead...

Well worked try for the Blues. They deserve their big half-time lead.

O'Connor has played well - his pace is real asset at 7. Saili has looked pretty good at 6 too. Hall has been the pick of the Blues backs for me - I can't see Weepu getting back in the starting lineup if Hall keeps playing like this.

The only good news for the Reds is Genia has looked very sharp - a couple of good kicks, some try saving tackles, and a steal at the breakdown. It's a pity (for them) that the rest of his side isn't following his lead...

... I'm not quite sure what's going on with the Reds this year ... there Squad is pretty much the same as the last few years - I wonder why their form has slipped

Try to Hall ... that looked like a pretty "Flat pass" from Nonu

Last edited:
Nonu! Great break by Piutau to start it too. Was that last pass forward though.....

EDIT: Try for Donnelly now. Who are this team in Blue?

Last edited:
Well, well. The Blues are ripping the Reds a new hole.

Woodcock yellowed for a punch and a try for the Reds...... game not (quite) over yet.

West on for Nonu? ... I would have thought he'd come on for Hickey

Justice is served ... Try to Horwill

Great work again by O'Connor! The Blues haven't really missed Luke Braid...

Reds are definitely not lying down and that is good to see

Great offload by Piutau!

Comprehensive win for the Blues. Puts them into the top 6.

O'Connor, Hall, Piutau, and Visinia were the standouts for me, and the front-row dominated at scrum time. Hickey controlled the game well from 10 again, and his goal-kicking has been exceptional this season....

Last edited:
West has got a bit of toe!

Yes, he was a bit unlucky not to get picked up by one of the franchises at the start of the season ... he had a great season for Hawkes Bay in the ITM cup last season, mind you, the defenses aren't as tight in ITM cup

Yes, he was a bit unlucky not to get picked up by one of the franchises at the start of the season ... he had a great season for Hawkes Bay in the ITM cup last season, mind you, the defenses aren't as tight in ITM cup

He could probably walk into a number of SA teams at present

Blues hitting some form at the right time of season. From where we were at the start of the season to now is very positive to see. Got to keep the intensity up to make playoffs though. So happy the stress of benji is over... seems like the entire team is. the competition in the team is great. All our backrow players (kaino, braid, oconner, luatua and saili) deserve to be in team, however one wont even make the bench! Also with our wings moala, halai, visina and ahki! Thats some quality right there

This team always had the talent but missed the heart and believe.
Like the Canes they found it this season and it is great to see.
Just maybe they can start winning more games away from home against decent opposition.

Latest posts