• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 EOYT] Scotland vs Argentina

Cordero is 21, but he's small and that goes against him... 1'75 I think.

Montero is one of the worst defenders in International: if he wasn't, he would be the first option by far. That's why Hourcade is apparently working like a beast to make him into a decent tackler at least. Watch out the first try of SA against us in TRC this year.

Agree entirely with Horacito on his view on Montero - I heard that it is a matter of maturity, although I believe that he will come out very well!

My friend, I think you are mistaken: those words you talk about are from Daniel Hourcade, and the team he refers to is Scotland.

But yeah, Guido Petti is the one who got sick, Macome was injured.
And Pablo Matera, obviously.

It looks that the sick list is getting bigger! You are right Horacito - apparently Matias ALemano also showed sign of possible mumps (as Guido Petti which did not even came) and is out - We also might have the same problem with Cubelli!! Hopefuly not!.

Seems players have been released from the Scottish camp, but can't find a list anywhere.

Apparently Weir and Russell are the two remaining tens. Assuming it'll be Weir given Russell hasn't had as much game time this season. Russell looks more of a fly half (not a dig at Weir's appearance!), Weir looks a bit like a league scrum half playing at ten.

I shoud have stated that this is not my team: it's the team Hourcade is going with this saturday. People of ESPN argentina have been at training with the guys, and this is the first team Hourcade is using, and the most probable of them all.

We have to put Herrera into a context: Pacific Cup with Pampas, June internationals with Pumas, finals with Castres and Rugby Championship. I'm surprised he didn't got injured.

As for his talent, I agree: we have more talented props than he, but they're probably too young. I think Mati Díaz plays the same position...

I will like to add to Ramiro Herrera's context: In addition to all the matches he played and is still going, we have to keep in mind that a little over a year he was playing amateur club rugby in Argentina. He was drawn by Castres as a Medical Joker and after just 1 game he was offered a 2 year contract. I realy believe he is a very good TH prop and despite his age, adaptig very well and quickly to international rugby level.

Confirmed squad for pumas:

1Ayerza 2 Creevy 3 Herrera
4 Guillemaín 5 Lavanini
6 Báez 7 Ortega Desio
8 Senatore
9 Landajo
10 Sánchez
11 Montero
12 Hernández 13 Bosch 13 Imhoff
15 Tuculet

Pretty much as expted: no game plan until today, when they get in the video room and talk about kicking specially, wait to see if Scotland wants to do anything with the ball, try to keep with the offload and the kind of game they played through the RC.

Looks like it's going to depend a lot on the weather.

Last edited:
Confirmed squad for pumas:

1Ayerza 2 Creevy 3 Herrera
4 Guillemaín 5 Lavanini
6 Báez 7 Ortega Desio
8 Senatore
9 Landajo
10 Sánchez
11 Montero
12 Hernández 13 Bosch 13 Imhoff
15 Tuculet

Pretty much as expted: no game plan until today, when they get in the video room and talk about kicking specially, wait to see if Scotland wants to do anything with the ball, try to keep with the offload and the kind of game they played through the RC.

Looks like it's going to depend a lot on the weather.
Vern Cotter confirmed Squad for Scotland
1-Alasdair Dickinson, 2-Ross Ford, 3-Euan Murray,
4-Richie Gray, 5-Jonny Gray,
6-Rob Harley, 7-Blair Cowan, 8-Adam Ashe,
9-Greg Laidlaw (c), 10-Finn Russell,
11-Stuart Hogg, 12-Alex Dunbar, 13-Mark Bennett, 14-Tom Seymour, 15-Sean Maitland.

Replacements:16-Scott Lawson, 17-Gordon Reid, 18-Geoff Cross, 19-Tim Swinson, 20-Alasdair Strokosch, 21-Henry Pyrgos, 22-Duncan Weir, 23-Sean Lamont.

Vern Cotter confirmed Squad for Scotland
11-Stuart Hogg, 12-Alex Dunbar, 13-Mark Bennett, 14-Tom Seymour, 15-Sean Maitland.

Replacements:16-Scott Lawson, 17-Gordon Reid, 18-Geoff Cross, 19-Tim Swinson, 20-Alasdair Strokosch, 21-Henry Pyrgos, 22-Duncan Weir, 23-Sean Lamont.
aye hogg playing 11 :p na let me change that for you

11-Tom Seymour, 12-Alex Dunbar, 13-Mark Bennett, 14-Sean Maitland, 15-Stuart Hogg.

I am really excited that is nearly my dream team and will be f*ckin class i'm looking forward to it so much it be so good :D

I'll be there on Saturday and I'm really quite excited by this Scotland team so I'm hoping for a good win. Not suggesting at all that it'll be easy, but I think it's possible. To have such a strong Glasgow contingent in the line up, especially in the back row, can only be a good think. Laidlaw is in there to slow it all down if and when needed, but with players like Dunbar, Bennett (glad to see him get his debut), Hogg, Seymour and Maitland all making positive runs and playing their offloading game it sounds like it could be quite exciting.

Not overly sure how Ford's form has been though I've been impressed with Murray since he's been playing with Glasgow. I'm also very happy to see Harley start as he's been immense for Glasgow over the last 18 months. Seeing the two Gray brothers start together is another positive as both have the potential to be very influential on the game.

It'll be interesting to see more of Adam Ashe as he's still relatively new on the scene. I've been impressed when he's been playing for Glasgow this season and clearly Cotter thinks highly of him. One player I'm not sure of is Cowan, only because I've not seen him play often enough to make up my mind on him. All in all though I think this could be the start of an exciting time for Scotland.

That said, I've felt that way before and been left disappointed. We shall see.

i'm hoping to see denton back next week and what a squad it will be

It will be an exciting afternoon for all of us! We want to see if he Pumas can maintain and excel on their RCH performance! They certainly have momentum, wining to the Wallabies and playing a different rugby (for what we were used to) now is based on attack, while keeping a good defense, playing the 80 minutes, lots of young new players - Yeap it is going to be an exciting game!

I would change Herrera for Díaz, who played super rugby and, I think, has all the conditions to be some crossover between Omar Hassan and Roncero's presence. Probably he needs time from Hourcade's point of view.

I would put Cordero as well after seeing him in Gold Coast. Dammit, we're a few steps from having our own version of Shane Williams.
I would use Cubelli instead of Landajo. And finally, I would take Patricio Fernandez, because we can't survive just with Sánchez: if we want to be one of the big dogs, we can't have just one player at such a place as half-fly, it's ridiculous.

And I would take Imhoff out and put Agulla in: Montero and Imhoff are very poor defenders, you shouldn't use them both at a time.[/QUOT
total pense lo mismo de shane williams

seriously looking forward to tomorrow gonna be a great game! :D

Yup, somehow I'm excited to see Scotland play again! Just a little hope that Glasgow's form will lead to some good rugby.

I give it ten minutes before the inexplicable knock ons start.

I think Scotland might win this. There is a hell of alot of pace in that backline with Maitland, Bennet and Hogg. I personally would have played Visser but that's just because I really rate the guys finishing ability and I haven't seen much of Seymour. I'm going to go for a Scotland win by 5.

What a great game so far. Vern Cotter's influence can be seen already, a winger right next to a scrum half.

Latest posts