• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 America's Rugby Championship

Canada lineup named for the Eagles Selects game and only a few changes made especially the retention of Mackenzie/McRorie combination which was shocking on the weekend. Daypuck hs been dropped to the bench for Parfrey, and Dala has been brought in to start. I like those two changes and the pack deserved to mainly keep their spots but the lack of changes in the backs is very surprising.

Canada

1 - Tom Dolezel, (London St. George's/Ontario Blues) London, ON

2 - Ray Barkwill, (Niagara Wasps RFC/Ontario Blues) Niagara Falls, ON

3 - Doug Wooldridge, (Lindsay RFC/Ontario Blues) Lindsay, ON

4 - Aaron Flagg, (Abbotsford RFC/BC Bears) Abbotsford, BC

5 - Evan Olmstead, (Parametta Two Blues/Prairie Wolf Pack) Calgary, AB

6 - Nanyak Dala (Castaway Wanderers/Prairie Wolf Pack) Saskatoon, SK

7 - Kyle Gilmour, Captain (St. Albert RFC/Prairie Wolf Pack) St. Albert, AB

8 - Seb Pearson, (London St. George's/Ontario Blues) London, ON

9 - Jamie Mackenzie, (UVIC Vikes/Ontario Blues) Oakville, ON

10 - Gordon McRorie, (Calgary Hornets/Prairie Wolf Pack) Calgary, AB

11 - Dan Moor, (Balmy Beach RFC/Ontario Blues) Toronto, ON

12 - Patrick Parfrey, (Swilers RFC/Atlantic Rock) St. Johns, NL

13 - Nick Blevins, (Calgary Hornets/Prairie Wolf Pack) Calgary, AB

14 - Sean Ferguson, (UBC Thunderbirds/BC Bears) Vancouver, BC

15 - Pat Kay, (UVIC Vikes/BC Bears) Duncan, BC

Bench

16 - Ryan Hamilton, (Capilano RFC/BC Bears) Vancouver, BC

17 - Pete Houlihan, (Edmonton Druids/Prairie Wolf Pack) Edmonton, AB

18 - James Smith, (Shoalhaven RFC/Prairie Wolf Pack) Calgary, AB

19 – Callum Morrison, (UBCOB Ravens/BC Bears) Victoria, BC

20 - Admir Cejvanovic, (Burnaby Lake RFC/BC Bears) Vancouver, BC

21 – Jordan Wilson-Ross, (James Bay AA/Ontario Blues) Alliston, ON

22 – Derek Daypuck, (London St. George's/Ontario Blues) London, ON

23 – Andrew Coe, (Markham Irish/Ontario Blues) Markham, ON

I would have liked to see Houlihan, Hamilton and Smith get the start to show what they got but I can't really argue against the Ontario 3 after the game the Canadian pack had on Saturday. Glad to see another start for Olmstead though I'm not shocked he got booted back to Lock since Dala needs playing time ahead of November. Is Baillie hurt or are they giving Morrison the bench and some playing time while letting Baillie rest up for Sunday against the Jaguars. He was a stud against Uruguay and I want to see more of him. I'm with you on the JMac/Gordie combination. They were a BAD duo on Saturday. I like that Crowley is giving Gordie another shot, though I think he should have brought Jake Robinson for some chemistry, and I guess Daypuck can come back in if Gordie needs to go back to Scrum-Half. I just have trust issues after how badly JMac and Gordie were clicking and how bad the Backs looked as a whole. Glad to see Wilson-Ross is on the bench and he should provide a hell of a spark if/when he comes in. We definitely missed his presence against Uruguay. Overall the roster is pretty much what I expected and I can't wait for tomorrows game. If Canada's backs can click together I think we'll be in for a pretty good game against the Yanks.

Eagles selects lineup named....should be a great game.

Eagles Select XV

1. Nick Wallace
2. Phil Thiel (C)
3. Olive Kilifi
4. John Cullen
5. Brian Doyle
6. Louis Stanfill
7. Kyle Sumsion
8. Matthew Trouville
9. Shalom Suniula
10. Adam Siddall
11. Tim Maupin
12. Andrew Suniula
13. Chad London
14. Tim Stanfill
15. Troy Hall
16. Zachary Fenoglio
17. Angus MacLellan
18. Ben Tarr
19. Ben Pinkelman
20. Andrew Durutalo
21. Justin Hundley
22. Folau Niua
23. Zack Test

Does anyone know if there's a full match video anywhere of Canada vs Uruguay?

I tried to find one as well jonny but didn't see one, only caught a kind of crappy highlight package that Rugby Canada released.

One thing is certain after the naming of this squad, they are seriously considering McRorie at 10 for the NSMT.

One thing is certain after the naming of this squad, they are seriously considering McRorie at 10 for the NSMT.

I like the move even though he didn't click with JMac. Robinson to McRorie was pretty solid, even if two games were against The Rock, so McRorie has it in him. Hopefully he has a better game tomorrow than last Saturday. The only other realistic option right now is Harry Jones and he should switch to 7s full time like Hirayama. If Underwood gets healthy and stronger he could be an option but that's a BIG if. Braid could I guess but I think he's destined for the Centers. If Gordie gets the Fly-Half spot then Phil Mack is the undisputed starter for now with, hopefully, a good prospect behind him in Andrew Ferguson. It's not a bad scenario.

Last edited:
think Braid is destined for 12, seems to play well there and can handle playing their against to competition. Was having a discussion with someone else, somewhere else, about the Yanks having first choice starters in their line up tomorrow. You could make a serious arguments that Canada has only 1, McRorie, who is also playing out of position. So if you let me thread jack a little, here is what I would think Canada's game day squad would look like, if all healthy and available.

Red = players I would not consiser 100% full time pro's, but are being 'paid to play.' (season too short)
Green = full time pro's.
Blue = 7s carded player

1. Buydens (Manawatu)

2. Carpenter (Cornish Pirates)
3. Marshall (Hawkes Bay)
4. Cudmore (Clermont, top tier club)
5. Sinclair (London Irish, top tier club)
6. Could go pro with Blanchett (Bedford?) Piece (Pau)
7. Moonlight
8. Ardron (Osprey, top tier club)

9. Mack
10. McRorie (seems to be the experiment now)

11. Paris (Agen)
12. Braid (Glasgow/London Scottish)
13. DTH (Glasgow, top tier club)
14. Hassler (Osprey, top tier club)
15. Pritchard (Bedford)

16. Barkwill/Hamilton
17. Tiedemann (Plymouth)
18. Ilnicki (NSW Country Eagles)
19. Hotson (Doncaster)
20. Dala (again could easily go pro here too with Blanchett or Pierce)
21. Hearn Extra back because McRorie covers 9.
22. Mackenzie (Sale, top tier club)
23. Evans (Cornish)

So out of the 23, we would only have 2 players, 1 a starter, 'not paid to play' in some fashion.

If we can convince O'Leary to play for Canada too, there is our long term option at 10 as well.

After that early score Uruguayan resistance stiffened and the Jaguars got a bit overconfident, Teros got it back to 7-6 at one point but a brilliant run by Paz put up the Jags by another try and a penalty to end the half has them up 17-6.

After that first half, I am not so ****** off with the score line last Saturday.

Did the entire Argentinian line up smoke a joint before the match? They are in B.C. after all.

This Uruguayan squad dosen't give up to their credit. Jaguars showed some serious flaws before a few excellent individual efforts powered them through.

Really annoyed that this tournament isn't being archived, I'm exhausted and don't know if I can stay up for this whole game but can't watch it tommorow since it isn't being archived.

Latest posts