• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Europe Championship 2024

Netherlands 18-20 Spain

Netherlands miss a injury time pen to win, would of been the 1st time they would of got a win against Spain

surprised by the result. Had one of the women's game on second screen during Italy-England. Not terrible for non-RWC women's teams.

Won't be able to watch the Portugal game but I'll probably watch the games tomorrow.

Today 18:50 UTC
19:50:00 (Local) Belgium v Portugal

Tomorrow 14:00 UTC

15:00:00 (Local) Germany v Georgia

Tomorrow 17:15 UTC

18:15:00 (Local) Poland v Romania

has Russia been cleared to start competing again or are they still banned?

Belgium 10-6 Portugal

What a disappointing results, Portugal making all the wrong decisions at the wrong time. All the points in the 1st half.
No video referee, Portugal claiming they touched down but coverage never replayed so I don't know if they did.
Don't know what to make of this team new management plus a few players retired in the summer.
Let's see how they do in the next game, that might just tell us were this team is at.
Congratulations to Belgium they put everything on the field they played well plus a full stadium behind them pushing them to the end.

Poland 8 - 20 Romania

good effort from Poland in an awful weather (rainy, powerful wind).

Oaks had a good first half but very wasteful, insisting to have an open play instead of getting the points from tight attacks or kicks. Second half was a totally different story with only 5 points from a late Polish try (last minute). Generally the game was a pitched battle around the middle without serious offensive actions.

I think is more on the positive side for Romania, however the lack of competitive games due to championship break was observable again in the 2nd half. I like the fact that coach and captain were not happy with the way we played.

I will be at Spain/Germany next week (I live in Spain).

Looking forward to it and hoping it doesn't rain much, the ground is an outdoor concrete arena and my bum no longer enjoys sitting on wet concrete for long periods.

Good win by Portugal a lot of 1st time starters man of the match a 19 years old Hugo Camacho next week away to Romania need a good result to try to get to the semis or Poland surprises, Belgium.

Attachments

• IMG_6532.jpeg
    IMG_6532.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 2
So I went to Spain Germany.

A good 27-5 win by Spain who looked well superior throughout.

Spain's Alvar Gimeno (12) stood out for me with a brilliant step to create a try and some thumping tackles.

Spain 2 from 2 but away to Georgia next week for a much greater challenge than today - best of luck to them, will be watching that one online.

Get in 😆 Portugal booked a spot in the semi-finals with a record 49-24 win against Romania in Bucharest.
bonus-point win saw them finish top of the Pool B on 11 points, two more than Romania after losing the 1st match away to Belgium.
Portugal with a complete new young players and new manager. The new young player looked very pacey, really did not think the new players would settle in after the lose to Belgium.
Spain is next in the semifinals in Lisbon.

Attachments

• IMG_6605.jpeg
    IMG_6605.jpeg
    919.7 KB · Views: 2
Portugal make it to the final with a 33-30 win over Spain.
Portugal started slow made a lot of errors in the 1 st half but turn it around in the 2nd.
We face Georgia again in the final not sure if Portugal can do it as this is a young new team.

All set

Attachments

• IMG_6704.jpeg
    IMG_6704.jpeg
    277.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6705.jpeg
    IMG_6705.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 2
Oaks squad for bronze final vs Spain

Props:
Alexandru Savin (CS Rapid)
Ciprian Chiriac (SCM USV Timișoara)
Iulian Hartig (Bassin d'Arcachon)
Vasile Balan (CSA Steaua)
Thomas Crețu (Aurillac)
Răzvan Olteanu (CS Rapid)

Hookers:
Robert Irimescu (CSM Știința Baia Mare)
Florin Bărdașu (CS Rapid)
Ștefan Buruiană (Castres Espoirs)
Lukas Mitu (Castres Espoirs)

Locks:
Ionuț Lucian Mureșan (SCM USV Timișoara)
Ștefan Iancu (CSM Știința Baia Mare)
Andrei Mahu (Massy)
Yanis Horvat (Albi)

Backrow:
Dragoș Ser (SCM USV Timișoara)
Damian Strătilă (CSA Steaua)
Vlad Neculau (SCM USV Timișoara)
Kamil Sobota (CS Dinamo)
Andrei Mitu (Pau)
Jacob Immelman (CSM Știința Baia Mare)

Scrum halves:
Gabriel Rupanu (SCM USV Timișoara)
Florin Surugiu (CS Rapid)
Vlăduț Bocăneț (CSM Știința Baia Mare)

Fly halves:
Hinckley Vaovasa (CS Dinamo)
Alin Conache (CSA Steaua)
Tudor Boldor (CS Dinamo)

Centres:
Tangimana Fonovai (CS Rapid)
Gabriel Pop (Cascais)
Jason Tomane (CSM Știința Baia Mare)
Alexandru Bucur (SCM USV Timișoara)
Alexandru Prescură (CS Rapid)
Daniel Neagu (CS Rapid)

Wings:
Ionuț Dumitru (CSA Steaua)
Romeo – Corrado Ștețco (SCM USV Timișoara)
Ovidiu Neagu (CS Dinamo)
Manumua Tevita (SCM USV Timișoara)
Ștefan Nedelcu (CS Rapid)

Full backs:
Marius Simionescu (SCM USV Timișoara)
Ionel Melinte (RC Hyères Carqueiranne La Crau)

I quite like the squad and also I appreciate that Gerards is keeping his initial plan to see this year as many players as possible; also it's good some of the ones on the long list (about 17) of non-available players (injured, not released) are starting to get back (e.g. Vaovasa) although we lost two more before or during the match with Georgia (Gordas, Cojocaru).

I especially like to see there young guys from France like Buruiana (recently debuted with Castres in Top14), Horvat (U20 captain, regular at Albi), Stetco and Bocanet. Adrian Mitu (Pau) had a great debut with Oaks at only 19 yo and hopefully he'll get his first XV start soon, he deserve it.

heady play to put this on Sunday. Good to see Romania bounce back after a bad World Cup.

Congrats to Georgia, Portugal, never turned up. Georgia is way, too strong in everything, too many mistakes by the Portuguese during the whole game. Portuguese team is a new team young team, and hopefully for the future they'll grow stronger

Latest posts