• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 6 Nations: Player Of The Tournament

See, I mostly remember everybody else complaining about the last test, club match, etc. this bod stuff has been going on since 2011. I don't remember the wanky moments dedicated threads.
Shane had the last test, then last club match, and after the fact invited to the barbarians. WE went through bod will he won't he every international period from 2011 to now.

Last edited:
See, I mostly remember everybody else complaining about the last test, club match, etc. this bod stuff has been going on since 2011. I don't remember the wanky moments dedicated threads.

I don't think you can really say the BO'D stuff has really been going on since 2013 and in fairness the only wanky dedicated thread I can think of has a fairly legit reason in breaking the all time caps record.

There was deffo a separate best moments thread. We had the whole, will he retire after 2011, then last year he was supposed to, then after Lions tour. Not *****ing,just saying it happens with every player. Compare it to Rog who went out with a whimper and kick.

There was deffo a separate best moments thread. We had the whole, will he retire after 2011, then last year he was supposed to, then after Lions tour. Not *****ing,just saying it happens with every player. Compare it to Rog who went out with a whimper and kick.

I think you're getting ROG and BOD mixed up a bit, it was ROG after 2011, Drico still had a contract for at least a year back then if I remember correctly.

Not sure, RBS have kept a running total for best player of the tournament but it's very in favour of backs. If it is that though, Brown is sure to win. He's led it since week 2, much to the hatred of a chunk of Welsh posters who can't seem to get over their hatred of England...

Eh? :huh: most of the Welsh posts I've seen have praised Mike Brown. I myself think he was easily the player of the tournament and a joy to watch, though it'll probably go to BOD for sentimental reasons.

Eh? :huh: most of the Welsh posts I've seen have praised Mike Brown. I myself think he was easily the player of the tournament and a joy to watch, though it'll probably go to BOD for sentimental reasons.

Please don't quote that member. It means those of us who have put its inane, soccer-style xenophobic and harassing, ramblings into 'ignore' have to read them. :p

I don't even have the slightest idea which posters he is talking about.

I haven't encountered any Welsh posters here or on other forms who have been anything less than complementary of England and their players. I am quite interested in the English team, and have spoken before of my appreciation for many of the players, such as Care, Eastmond, Watson. English people need to chill here!

Last edited:
1. Brown 34%
2. BOD 28%
3. Trimble 10%

Meh, Brown was head and shoulders above the rest and the winner is all that matters, well done 6 nations fans we got it right!

Sexton was poor against England so would not make any shortlist I have. I was thinking about Lawes to be honest but you cannot get away from Brown who has been fantastic. That goalie save against Ireland was typical of his game which was full of commitment and skill.

Been a good 6N

It wasn't directed at anyone here, everyone here has been good. It's more from people I have met personally plus social media comments.

he was easily the player of the tournament and a joy to watch.

I went to see Italy England last week. I really get the same feeling. First time I was watching Brown "live", well he's an incredible player. Solid, skillful, and fast.
It's indeed a joy watching him playing.

Now I got finish to cook.. with my upteenth wooden spoon!! yeeeeh!!