• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 6 Nations: Player Of The Tournament

Gotta be Gollum

Italy+v+England+RBS+Six+Nations+vAZpSqBOdCAl.jpg

I think my top 3 only choosing 1 per country so I don't get accused of bias would be

Brown
Huget
Toner/POM

Can't decide really as both have been good for Ireland during the championship at different points

Mike Brown, bit of a no brainer really. Hugets been a poacher, where as Brown has been an all rounder all year.

um guys come on ..... really ? there is really one winner in this and it goes to Chris Cusiter (Legend)

Is it going to a fan vote again this year? If it is BOD or whoever Irish gets nominated will win it which would be a shame as brown has been the best individual.

Is it going to a fan vote again this year? If it is BOD or whoever Irish gets nominated will win it which would be a shame as brown has been the best individual.

Not sure, RBS have kept a running total for best player of the tournament but it's very in favour of backs. If it is that though, Brown is sure to win. He's led it since week 2, much to the hatred of a chunk of Welsh posters who can't seem to get over their hatred of England...

this is a list off the available votes for the RBS Player off the year surprised with the italian but i expected the scottish player to be the only scot there

BROWN, MIKE(ENGLAND)
CARE, DANNY (ENGLAND)
DENTON, DAVID(SCOTLAND)
DULIN, BRICE (FRANCE)
FALETAU, TAULUPE (WALES)
FARRELL, OWEN (ENGLAND)
GHIRALDINI, LEONARDO (ITALY)
HEALY, CIAN (IRELAND)
HEASLIP, JAMIE (IRELAND)
HUGET, YOANN (FRANCE)
KEARNEY, ROB(IRELAND)
O'DRISCOLL, BRIAN (IRELAND)
ROBSHAW, CHRIS (ENGLAND)
SEXTON, JONATHAN (IRELAND)
TRIMBLE, ANDREW (IRELAND)
WARBURTON, SAM (WALES)

thinks its a good call really vote here: http://www.rbs6nations.com/RBSPlayerOfTheChampionship

That's the shortlist?

Seriously?

Compiled by "statistical performance"?

No Launchbury or Lawes? But Farrell, Care and Robshaw are in ahead of them two?

Put to a public vote? No doubt BO'D will now come somewhere near the top, or even win it, on sentimental value. Even though we might as well have given it to Brown straight after the France-Ireland game, that's how impressive Brown has been.

Player of the tournament should be selected by a panel. Which is not without it's own problems, but is much better than this system.

I know we were annoying about Shane Williams, but it wasn't this bad, was it?
then again, we have other players too.

Yeah, the shane guff was much worse.
All this BOD stuff was annoying at times (showing tributes before non-Ireland games etc) but Shane's was just constant, and then he never retired so we had it several times