2014 6 Nations anti-XV

Ragey Erasmus

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bath
Just a bit of a joke this one, what would be your team of worst performing players? :D

I'd say Ross Ford was worse than Youngs.

Doussain in at 9, easily. Maybe Allen in at 10? Wasn't particularly bad but his kicking was terrible.

McLean or Hogg at 15 - McLean was pretty poor vs England especially, but Hogg absolutely dicked his side vs Wales.

Papé has been a warrior this whole tournament, but my God those two HUUUUUUUUUGE blunder passes, obviously especially the one against Ireland at the end. I think he might deserve a spot on here for being a bad captain and those two passes alone.

They were on a completely different level of bad, they both went several metres forward. And the fact that it happened twice suggests that's a fair reflection of his skills.
Didn't see much inspirational leadership either.

i can tell the team is going to have alot off scottish players :( but i know for a fact that weir will be the 10 and laidlaw will be the 9

I'd say Ross Ford was worse than Youngs.

Doussain in at 9, easily. Maybe Allen in at 10? Wasn't particularly bad but his kicking was terrible.

McLean or Hogg at 15 - McLean was pretty poor vs England especially, but Hogg absolutely dicked his side vs Wales.
i would say you would go with McLean hogg may have messed his side up in the last game but he did play well at the start off the six nations he did play well against ireland and france he did play ok at italy

May Was he the only English back not to have scored a try in the six nations (did 36 score?), not including bench players.

May Was he the only English back not to have scored a try in the six nations (did 36 score?), not including bench players.

that's not his fault. It's the way the field is setup. If rugby were a sport where you could score laterally, by running sideways, he'd be recognized. This game is just totally biased against the sideway runners.

I may (am) bias but I don't think any Irish player can be counted on this list, no player was shockingly bad nor did we have any real super performers we just a consistency of very good.

Jonathan Davies was absolutely awful against England...he did make a sweet offload against Scotland for Wales' first try if I remember correctly...

Domingo and Mas were very good against England, and then became gradually worse as it went. Fine against Italy with issues, still good in Wales, and then just mediocre/bad in the last two...
but I'm sure there are worse props there.

I may (am) bias but I don't think any Irish player can be counted on this list, no player was shockingly bad nor did we have any real super performers we just a consistency of very good.
yep i agree i dont think there is an irish player which should be on the list btw im going to put in who i think should be in the Anti-XV

1.) Gethin Jenkins (he has been in alot off pressure in the scrums and im sure he got a yellow in one off the games because he kept collapsing the scrums)
2.) Ross Ford (it was obvious he just cant throw it in)
3.) Moray Low (especially in the italy game as he conceded the most penalties from the scrums)
4.) Quintin Geldenhuys (was a hard choice for the second row but i felt he was on off the worst)
5.) Tim Swinson (i felt he didn't do much in this years six nations)
6.) Mauro Bergamasco (i just dont like him)
7.) Paul Derbyshire (didn't do alot)
8.) Robert Barbieri (i thought all the no.8 did well in the six nations except from barbieri)
9.) Jean-Marc Doussain (his kicking was poor but it was him or Laidlaw but i think Doussain was the worst)
10.) Duncan Weir (doesn't know when or where to pass it to, bad kicker and miss pass at the wrong time)
11.) Jonny May (he doesn't know how to run straight)
12.) Gonzalo Garcia (didn't do as much as the other centers in the six nations)
13.) Mathieu Bastareaud (wasn't a good off-loader and most off his passes are off)
14.) Angelo Esposito (didn't have a good debut and wasn't sure on who else to pick)
15.) Luke McLean (probably the worst in the six nations)

some off these are probably wrong but i just wanted to make one which would be a good idea

yep i agree i dont think there is an irish player which should be on the list btw im going to put in who i think should be in the Anti-XV

1.) Gethin Jenkins (he has been in alot off pressure in the scrums and im sure he got a yellow in one off the games because he kept collapsing the scrums)
2.) Ross Ford (it was obvious he just cant throw it in)
3.) Moray Low (especially in the italy game as he conceded the most penalties from the scrums)
4.) Quintin Geldenhuys (was a hard choice for the second row but i felt he was on off the worst)
5.) Tim Swinson (i felt he didn't do much in this years six nations)
6.) Mauro Bergamasco (i just dont like him)
7.) Paul Derbyshire (didn't do alot)
8.) Robert Barbieri (i thought all the no.8 did well in the six nations except from barbieri)
9.) Jean-Marc Doussain (his kicking was poor but it was him or Laidlaw but i think Doussain was the worst)
10.) Duncan Weir (doesn't know when or where to pass it to, bad kicker and miss pass at the wrong time)
11.) Jonny May (he doesn't know how to run straight)
12.) Gonzalo Garcia (didn't do as much as the other centers in the six nations)
13.) Mathieu Bastareaud (wasn't a good off-loader and most off his passes are off)
14.) Angelo Esposito (didn't have a good debut and wasn't sure on who else to pick)
15.) Luke McLean (probably the worst in the six nations)

some off these are probably wrong but i just wanted to make one which would be a good idea

Maybe Jonny may is a bit harsh wouldn't say he's been the worse left wing overall tbh

I'm afraid anothe scot would be in there Lamont or Evans . At least May has got the ball and looked to do something . The other 2 were invisible men as far as I'm concerned

I'd be amazed if Lamont and/or Evans made more metres than May.

and before the smart comments: metres made = metres forward, not sideways :rolleyes:

Lamont is clearly the worst winger in the competition.

I genuinely felt bad for Scotland that he was taking up the mantle as one of their experienced players... if he wasn't then someone would have told him to wind his neck in and play to his ability - he isn't a world beater.

Latest posts