• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013-14 IRB 7's] Dubai

LittleGuy

First XV
Country Flag
Canada
Well the 2013 Dubai 7's get's underway this weekend the 2nd leg of the circuit after a long break, and here are the pools.

Pool A

New Zealand
Kenya
France
Portugal

Pool B

Australia
Wales
Scotland
Spain

Pool C

England
Fiji
Canada
United States

Pool D

South Africa
Samoa
Argentina
Russia

Just watching a couple Men's games before I head to bed and Argentina's 7's kit in this game vs. the Bokke is abysmal, is that neon pink?

Playing 7's in the heat of Dubai is probably one of my nightmares

Very mixed 1st day for Canada, a huge loss a huge win and game down to the wire. Didn't get any breaks against Fiji and that puts us in the lower brackets for Day 2 but still some points to salvage out of this round. New Zealand look absolutely untouchable right now could be so good that this years series is turned into a farce.

I only saw the Kenya match (in terms of NZ's games), but it looks like we have played pretty well thus far. Dubai is actually one of the tournaments we have really struggled at in recent seasons - we were runners up last year, but we didn't even make the semis in either 2010 and 2011. We have a pretty well balanced side at the moment, so we should be favorites to win this year, though South Africa have looked pretty comfortable so far, while Fiji and England are pretty handy too (England really impressed me in the last tournament).

Fiji have shown moments of brilliance followed by matches where they coast, they got very lucky against Canada, two close calls went in their favour and they had a couple of breaks, England have improved so much from last year it's insane.

Fiji have shown moments of brilliance followed by matches where they coast, they got very lucky against Canada, two close calls went in their favour and they had a couple of breaks, England have improved so much from last year it's insane.

So you are saying they have played like Fiji ;)

I agree entirely with regards to England. I felt we were very lucky to beat them in the semi's of the last tournament....

Last edited:
So you are saying they have played like Fiji ;)

I agree entirely with regards to England. I felt we were very lucky to beat them in the semi's of the last tournament....

Touche :D

Day 2 about to get fired up.

Fiji 44 New Zealand 0

I'm Absolutley stunned :O doesn't seem real lol. I would have liked to see what Teitjens would have to say

yeap 44:0 seems quite devastating

Fiji played in complete dominance

Well done guys

The Wales v Kenya game was amazing, I actually walked out thinking it was all over, but was called back as there was 1minute left on the clock.

Incredible scoreline for the Fiji v NZ game, had just been talking about how talented the NZ team was, and how they bring players through from the 7's stage. Commentators curse I guess ;)

Latest posts