15- Kearney

16-Smit
17-Jenkins
18- O'Connell
19- McCaw
20-Ellesalde
21- Smith
22-Medard

Loosehead is probably the toughest position to pick, Barcella, Jenkins or Robinson?

1. Jenkins
2. ??
3. Castrogiovvani
4. Botha
5. Matfield
6. Elsom
7. Brussow
8. Parisse
9. Du Preez
10. Carter
11. Habana
12. ?? Giteau?
13. O'Driscoll
14. ?? Bowe :eek:
15. Kearney

1. Borthwick
2. Borthwick
3. Vickery
4. Borthwick
5. Borthwick
6. Borthwick
7. Borthwick
8. Borthwick
9. Borthwick
10. Wilkinson
11. Borthwick
12. Borthwick
13. Borthwick
14. Banahan
15. Borthwick

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Nov 25 2009, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
1. Borthwick
2. Borthwick
3. Vickery
4. Borthwick
5. Borthwick
6. Borthwick
7. Borthwick
8. Borthwick
9. Borthwick
10. Wilkinson
11. Borthwick
12. Borthwick
13. Borthwick
14. Banahan
15. Borthwick[/b]

In fairness, Borthwick is a better 14 then Banahan is. A bit harsh droppin him from that position if you ask me.

1) Fabien Barcella
2) Bismark du Plessis
3) Martin Castrogiovanni
4) Bakkies Botha
5) Victor Matfield
6) Heinrich Brussouw
7) Richie McCaw
8) Jamie Heaslip (Only because Spies is Injured)

9) Fourie du Preez

10) Dan Carter
11) Bryan Habana
12) Jamie Roberts
13) Brian O' Driscoll
14) Vincent Clerc
15) Mils Muliaina

... Sorry Australia...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 25 2009, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
1) Fabien Barcella
2) Bismark du Plessis
3) Martin Castrogiovanni
4) Bakkies Botha
5) Victor Matfield
6) Heinrich Brussouw
7) Richie McCaw
8) Jamie Heaslip (Only because Spies is Injured)

9) Fourie du Preez

10) Dan Carter
11) Bryan Habana
12) Jamie Roberts
13) Brian O' Driscoll
14) Vincent Clerc
15) Mils Muliaina

... Sorry Australia...[/b]

Probably the best so far.

If your putting players out of position a la Brussow you should stick Giteau in at 12 where he should be. I'd probably question 4 (one of the French locks surely?), 8 (I'd go for Lobbe or maybe Elsom) and I'd find a better 14.

Don't think you can play two pure openside fetchers in the team. They'd get in each other's way. I think it's gotta be either Brussow or McCaw at openside with Rocky Elsom at blindside. I'd have Lobbe at 8, great great player, in the same mould as Parrise, but in better form.

Not sure about Roberts at 12, not exacly been in his Lions form. However, he probably has to be in alongside O'Driscoll, to have that magic from the Lions.

Trying to think if any other Welshmen deserve a mention. Stephen Jones could possibly make the bench. Mathew Rees could be in there, he's been playing very well of late. He's sorted his linout throwing out and does alot of carrying. Gethin Jenkins would make the bench aswell, just missing out to Barcella for a starting position.

I think Romain Millo-Chluski is class and is Bakkies main competetion, O'Connell is Victor's.

Apart from in South Africa and France, the Openside wears 7 Jericho. Brussow is the best openside in the world whether he wears 6 or 7 on his back. I'd have him on the openside and Elsom on the blindside.

Fernandez-Lobbe is a great call actually, he has been Argentina's best player in the AI's by miles.

Not convinced by Vincent Clerc. He was in superb form in 2008 but mainly due to injury, has done nothing to convince me he is the best in the world this year. 2009 really has been a poor year for wingers with Kicking dominating.

1 Barcella
2 Smith
3 Castro

4 Botha
5 Matfield

6 Elsom
7 Brussow
8 Heaslip

9 Du Preez
10 Carter

11 Habana
12 Giteau
13 O Driscoll
14 Muliaina
15 Kearney

16 Flannery
17 Jenkins
18 O Connell
19 McCaw
20 Ellesade
21 Bowe
22 Medard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kicklikeaprop @ Nov 26 2009, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
1 Barcella
2 Smith
3 Castro

4 Botha
5 Matfield

6 Elsom
7 Brussow
8 Heaslip

9 Du Preez
10 Carter

11 Habana
12 Giteau
13 O Driscoll
14 Muliaina
15 Kearney

16 Flannery
17 Jenkins
18 O Connell
19 McCaw
20 Ellesade
21 Bowe
22 Medard[/b]

Very good side that, though I disagree with smit at hooker, his only value comes as an amazing leader, Du Plesis is a far better "player" than him I think. I especially like Giteau at 12, where he is the most deadly backline player in the world IMO.

Oh, I just saw Muliaina at 14...

Do you think we'll see any SH guys putting Elsom at 6? I doubt it.

1 Barcella
2 Hore
3 Hayman

4 Botha
5 Matfield

6 ???
7 McCaw
8 Parrise

9 du Preez
10 Carter

11 Sivivatu
12 Giteau
13 O'Driscoll
14 Habana
15 Muliaina

- I didn't pick Castro, because although he's played well, after the NZ/Italy game I'm not convinced his scrummaging is perfectly legal.
- Sivivatu is one of the busiest wingers in the world, and can easily create something from nothing.
- I'm not sure about the Center pairing, as both players are fairly small (as with the rest of the backline), which could be worrying, so maybe Mortlock in there somewhere.

Honorable Mentions - Woodcock, du Plessis, Thorn, Brussow, Jones, Roberts

Not as many people as I would have thought know that Gethin Jenkins is the best loosehead in the world.

based on this year and heavily influenced by AIs

1. Jenkins
2. du Plessis
3. Castrogiovanni
4. Botha
5. Matfield
6. McCaw
7. Brussow
8. Harinordoquy
9. du Preez
10. Carter
11. Williams
12. Giteau
13. O'Driscoll
14. Clerc
15. Muliaina

Roncero, Barcella and Woodcock get honourable mentions for the number 1 jersey.

Picked 2 fetchers because Brussow and McCaw are the standout flankers in world rugby atm, plus McCaw does the job of a blindside as well. Hill and Back weren't so bad together!!! Honourable mention for Dusautoir.

Lee Byrne misses out through injury.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 26 2009, 04:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How is Brussouw out of position? He plays 6 for the Cheetahs and South Africa.[/b]
Well, you have 2 open side flankers. 6 and 7 in South Africa are different from 6 and 7 anywhere else.

1.Tony Woodcock
2.kevin Mealamu
3.Carly Hayman
4.Brad Thorn
5.Ali Williams
6.Jerome Kaino
7.Richie McCaw
8.Rodney So'oialo
9.Peri Weepu
10.Daniel Carter
11.Sitivini Sivivatu
12.Ma'a Nonu
13.Conrad Smith
14.Joe Rokocoko
15.Mils Muliaina

16.Andrew Hore
17.John Afoa
18.Adam Thompson
19.Jimmy Cowan
20.Luke McAlister
21.Richard Kahui
22.Cory Jane

While I realise this may not be the world XV, it is closer to the token 1 or 2 All Blacks that seem to be put into peoples squads. Of the best 22 players in people actually believe that only 1 of those are in the All Blacks?!
Not taking away anything from the other teams, and many positions I agree with, but be a bit more realistic.

All Blacks are (one of) the best team(s) in the world, though they really only have a few players who would deserved to be said as the best in their position. The All Blacks have strength across the board, with no weaknesses, which is where they typically win over teams, they can change their tactics.

Latest posts