• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Finished watching episode 6 of Stranger Things last night, excellent show. Starts of a bit slow but really picks up from ep. 3

Stranger Things is awesome so far (only 2 eps in)... the Synthwave ***le screen is phenomenal.

Just watched final episode of Top Gear and thought it was really good - so much better than the first!

Stranger Things is awesome so far (only 2 eps in)... the Synthwave ***le screen is phenomenal.
Hell yeah. I have had it on repeat these last couple of weeks.

The soundtrack in general is absolutely fantastic, both the original stuff and the borrowed stuff.

Stranger Things is about to be watched for me. Heard nothing but rave reviews and Spielberg related wet dreams about it.
When you are finished, watch this:

http://www.slashfilm.com/stranger-things-film-references-side-by-side-comparison/

The whole show is basically a homage to 70s/80s horror.

It's been a huge success so I think it's more a question of what rather than if. Films maybe?

I think a Roberts rebellion prequel is an inevitability
They could turn a rise-of-the-Targeryans into a sick fantasy film series if they had the budget for all the cgi dragon brutality

Robert's Rebellion is the obvious choice, but we do already know the basic story and some of the detail. Would prefer to see something where the turns wouldn't be so predictable.

I'd like to see the Age of Heroes and the Long Night. It's a fairly blank slate to work from, and there are so many options to do things a little differently to ASOIAF, in setting and style.

Trouble with Rise of the Targaryens (I assume Aegon's Conquest?) is that Balerion tips the scale so far in Aegon's favour, that no one provides any real threat to him.

Wonder if they'll do anything with the Dunk and Egg book - would be an obvious target for a spin-off show.

Robert's Rebellion - possibly 1-2 seasons, possibly 2-3 films
Blackfyre Rebellion - would work best as a film
Dance of the Dragons - would work best as a film
Dunk and Egg - series of films, or mini-series with several seasons

Last edited:
It would be awesome if they could re-do Dorne and the Iron Islands, maybe a short series each, and cut it into the original GOT.

I would prefer the blackfyre rebellion myself but I agree with Peat that the Dunk and Egg story is most likely. Films (with a LOTR type budget) would be amazing no matter which era they pick.

Sounds like James Martin is replacing Evans.

I'm alright with that at least Martin has a background with cars and will prob be able to handle the speed. (will also more likely be a bit calmer).

Sounds like James Martin is replacing Evans.

I'm alright with that at least Martin has a background with cars and will prob be able to handle the speed. (will also more likely be a bit calmer).

Same, at least they wont have issues with catering!

My only issue lies with his lack of journalistic flair, the hyperbole that Clarkson before, Le Blanc and to a smaller extent Evans had. But promising.

Said before but I thought Evans was ok toward the end!!

Love JM as a chef/presenter and his inability to read an autocue in the kitchen he can get away with there ............not sure it will work so good on TG but, I suppose, he can do retakes there as it is recorded!!

Said before but I thought Evans was ok toward the end!!

Love JM as a chef/presenter and his inability to read an autocue in the kitchen he can get away with there ............not sure it will work so good on TG but, I suppose, he can do retakes there as it is recorded!!

What was said during the series was the first 2 episodes were filmed before the backlash, once they saw the response they toned it down a tad, moved him towards the back a bit but he was still a deal breaker for a lot of people. I said at the time I respect him more for knowing that he was the issue for some and deciding to move on, others would blindly plough on ignoring the criticism

Watching Rome, damn good TV. Also reading SPQR. Highly recommend watching/reading both at the same time. SPQR gives so much context to the show, makes you realise how good a job the production staff did of bringing ancient Rome to life.

WTF is Naked attraction and how the fek did it get commissioned.
Channel 4 found a Black Mirror script lying around, and mistook it for a show proposal?

Latest posts