• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Im halfway through the pilot. I agree its a good, novel idea but I'm so far underwhelmed by it

After reading this thread I have started watching Friday Night Lights. Not a fan of american football, but the film was good, and I'm enjoying the series. Got through 5 episodes yesterday alone...

Just watched the last episode. So 5 series lasted me 8 days.....

Damn good show, as coach Taylor would say.

:huh:

I did the maths on how much you must have watched, and I'm both scared and impressed. :p

What are series 3-5 like? I've paused after the first two series to give the Walking Dead a go.

American Gods? Guessing that's based off the book of the same name? Very good read that!
Yep! Everyone will be talking about it in the next year. I haven't read it yet, how does it compare to A Song of Ice and Fire (which I haven't read either!)?

Last edited:

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose! It's a brilliant show! Season 4 and 5 was IMO the best.

Series i'm watching now is:
The Following
White Collar
The Americans
Suits
Revenge
Californication

Now having a Ripper street marathon, I'm hoping to start and finish Inside men ( so I can clean the HD of my digi recorder)

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose! It's a brilliant show! Season 4 and 5 was IMO the best.

Series i'm watching now is:
The Following
White Collar
The Americans
Suits
Revenge
Californication

I'm enjoying Friday Night Lights, but I'm not loving it. Hate a bunch of characters (not just cos they're terrible people, but just because of their general them-ness), and the storylines are developed a bit quickly (i.e. the main love storyline).

I've definitely seen better shows which are of a similar nature. That being said, I'll truck through the whole thing, I'm sure.

:huh:

I did the maths on how much you must have watched, and I'm both scared and impressed. :p

What are series 3-5 like? I've paused after the first two series to give the Walking Dead a go.

All I do is sit at my computer all day long, doing uni work. Having something to watch can keep me from going insane!

The second series was probably the worst. It was the most over-the-top in terms of storylines, although there was still a few excellent moments in there, namely the bathtub scene, and having the opportunity to see Landry's character develop. Unfortunately we miss a big chunk of the end of the second series due to the writers strikes at the time, which doesn't help make it a little disappointing.

Series 3-5 are excellent. I think the writing improves as it goes, and Chandler and Britton (Coach and Tami) get even better. Their partnership is one of the most believeable I've seen on TV. We lose a few good characters, but gain some excellent new characters. I think throughout, Matt's character is the standout, there's some real stand-out episodes where he's battling all that life throws at him. My favourite episode comes in series 4, and is heavily centred around him.

One more thing. Aimee Teegarden (Julie) is so god damn cute!

All I do is sit at my computer all day long, doing uni work. Having something to watch can keep me from going insane!

The second series was probably the worst. It was the most over-the-top in terms of storylines, although there was still a few excellent moments in there, namely the bathtub scene, and having the opportunity to see Landry's character develop. Unfortunately we miss a big chunk of the end of the second series due to the writers strikes at the time, which doesn't help make it a little disappointing.

Series 3-5 are excellent. I think the writing improves as it goes, and Chandler and Britton (Coach and Tami) get even better. Their partnership is one of the most believeable I've seen on TV. We lose a few good characters, but gain some excellent new characters. I think throughout, Matt's character is the standout, there's some real stand-out episodes where he's battling all that life throws at him. My favourite episode comes in series 4, and is heavily centred around him.

One more thing. Aimee Teegarden (Julie) is so god damn cute!

I like Season 4, they branched out a bit with the storylines and made them a lot more relevant to where the series is set. Will probably start season 5 tonight.

Did anyone watch Arrow? When I started watching I thought yeah this is decent acting doesn't seem great but I'll stick with it. Really glad I did felt the last half of the season particualry the last 3 episodes were very strong, really great subversion of something that was expected in the finale as well. Looking forward to season 2.

My favourite episode comes in series 4, and is heavily centred around him.
Is it "The Son"? Because that's definitely been my favourite episode of the whole show so far. Don't want to say any spoilers, but god damn.

Restarted watching a couple of weeks ago and just finished series 4 now, and it's definitely been the best series so far. You were right in the story writing getting better, some great threads in series 4, and it felt as if the change of setting kept the show fresh and interesting without removing half the cast. Series 2 was such a slump in comparison to the rest. Although I believe it was affected by the writers strike a few years back.

Tami, Matt and Tim are my favourite characters.

Also, I think you're right about Julie, but I'm definitely a Lyla fan. :p

Is it "The Son"? Because that's definitely been my favourite episode of the whole show so far. Don't want to say any spoilers, but god damn.

Yup, that's the one. Great episode, might go back and re-watch it again.

Also, I think you're right about Julie, but I'm definitely a Lyla fan. :p

I've got a thing for cute over hot, if you know what I mean?

I'm a huge fan of Mads Mikkelsen, so I've been recording Hannibal for when I've got a little more time on my hands. Oh how I'm looking forward to it...

I've got a thing for cute over hot, if you know what I mean?
I'm the same. Would take an Ellen Page to a Megan Fox any day. :p But I don't know, Julie looks a little too young for me (I'm nearly 23 FWIW) and I thought Lyla was pretty damn cute, and preferred how she didn't throw a tantrum over just about everything. :p

Finally finished FNL. dem feels when you finish a show you really enjoyed and know that there isn't going to be any more of it.

Happy with the way it ended though.

I'm the same. Would take an Ellen Page to a Megan Fox any day. :p But I don't know, Julie looks a little too young for me (I'm nearly 23 FWIW) and I thought Lyla was pretty damn cute, and preferred how she didn't throw a tantrum over just about everything. :p

Same, did spoil the illusion for me as a raging atheist when they made her a born again Christian.

This is taking a lot of courage so please don't be too harsh but I'm delighted...Teen Wolf is back.

I don't know if any of you watch it (doubt it) but season one was alright something decent to watch in the summer at the end of the day. Season 2 really amped it up and became a ****load of awesome and the Season 3 premiere seems to be continuing in that vein.

Really ****** off now broadcaster here has actually picked it up yet.

I must say Boardwalk Empire is a definite favorite looking forward to the new series! Just behind Game of Thrones(another HBO show), I think Boardwalk Empire is my second favorite TV series of all time.

Started watching Death Note... Can't stop now! Bloody amazing. If it was an American live action drama it would be on top of the ratings (or would've been, given how long ago it ended).

Latest posts