• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What games are you playing?

Friend of mine just sent me a message asking if I'd seem the DS reviews yet, said no... some outlets as low as 3.8, IGN with the 6.8.

There are a lot of positive reviews out there too to be fair. I tend to listen to a few (like 5 or 6) youtubers whom I normally tend to agree with.

This guys is generally excellent and tends to enjoy a lot of the games I like... as well as having put me onto to some games that I might never have tried otherwise. Now I've never actually watched him review a Kojima game before but he does seem a fan of his (he has some MGS art behind him) but I have always found him very fair.

Friend of mine just sent me a message asking if I'd seem the DS reviews yet, said no... some outlets as low as 3.8, IGN with the 6.8.
... and here's his review of the Outer Worlds, which he also loved.

@Rinkadink well as I'm currently installing Outer Worlds and Death Stranding won't be delivered until Friday morning, I guess that seals the deal for OW.

Enjoy man!

Played some Rocket League today after the final to distract myself but turns out that was a shocking idea, had to turn game chat off as I was especially toxic to the scrubs I've been placed with today. Naughty but weekend warriors wind me up at the best of times... and this isn't the best of times. :p

Outer Worlds and a non-team game like FFA Modern Warfare coupled with a good sulk is now the order of the day. Be curious to see what you make of Outer Worlds.

Started Death Stranding this morning and liking it so far. Hideo's crazy is my kind of crazy it seems.

**** Witcher 3 is emotional!...no idea if im doing the right ting from one moment to the next!

Update on Death Stranding, I'm just under 50 hrs in and its great. I enjoyed it from the start but it just continues to improve the more I play it. Very hard to put down.

Finally completed Death Stranding... was well worth the time and effort. Do have a little mopping up for the plat, like a couple of hours or so but the story is done and it was epic.

On to Resident Evil 2 Remake.

Finally started red dead 2, it's ok but lots of riding around at the moment. Seems like the game has massive depth but I'm really lost in what to do all the tine. I'm guessing it will take time.

Definitely took me some time to really get into RDR2 but after I did get used to the pacing and style of the game etc. it's my favourite game of all time now.

Fairly tempted to give RDR2 another go... as well as DMCV, I keep reading how great both games are but neither grabbed me at the time I started them.

Fairly tempted to give RDR2 another go... as well as DMCV, I keep reading how great both games are but neither grabbed me at the time I started them.
I'm the same with God of War
I did enjoy what I played but it didn't grip me enough to stop me going back to Battlefield V/NHL/Rocket League/whatever else I was playing at the time. Should probably play the rest but I've forgotten all the controls/what little story I saw, so i keep putting it off.

I downloaded whichever Yakuza game came free with PS+ recently (PS4 remake of the original, maybe?) - enjoyed the tutorial quite a lot, so might put some time into that.

I'm the same with God of War
I did enjoy what I played but it didn't grip me enough to stop me going back to Battlefield V/NHL/Rocket League/whatever else I was playing at the time. Should probably play the rest but I've forgotten all the controls/what little story I saw, so i keep putting it off.

I downloaded whichever Yakuza game came free with PS+ recently (PS4 remake of the original, maybe?) - enjoyed the tutorial quite a lot, so might put some time into that.

I think that personal expectations can have a big baring on whether a game can sink its hooks in or not. With regards to Red Dead, I played the hell out of the first one and couldn't wait for the sequel... the extra year development time just adding to my anticipation etc. Then when I finally started playing I think I built it up so much that nothing that R* could've served up would've hit the sweet spot.

Probably the same for God of War with you, I remember telling you it was my fave game of all time when suggesting you to try it... that together with all the Game of the Year awards probably caused you to expect something more than was delivered.

On the other point, Yakuza Kiwame I think... I clicked 'purchase' on it when it was free too, never got around to installing it though.

I think that personal expectations can have a big baring on whether a game can sink its hooks in or not. With regards to Red Dead, I played the hell out of the first one and couldn't wait for the sequel... the extra year development time just adding to my anticipation etc. Then when I finally started playing I think I built it up so much that nothing that R* could've served up would've hit the sweet spot.

Probably the same for God of War with you, I remember telling you it was my fave game of all time when suggesting you to try it... that together with all the Game of the Year awards probably caused you to expect something more than was delivered.

On the other point, Yakuza Kiwame I think... I clicked 'purchase' on it when it was free too, never got around to installing it though.
I can definitely see that - I think also part of it is my attention span is terrible atm, I'd much rather play something non-committal for 5-10mins, do something else, come back play another round/game than commit time to a story based game. Should probably change that because I do love a good story when I commit to it, and i've got God of War and Witcher 3* just sat there gathering dust

*technically it's the digital version that I bought on sale for next to nothing, but it's a similar story with that to God of War - bought it just after release after all the hype but didn't play it long enough to get hooked and ended up trading it in at Game

I can definitely see that - I think also part of it is my attention span is terrible atm, I'd much rather play something non-committal for 5-10mins, do something else, come back play another round/game than commit time to a story based game. Should probably change that because I do love a good story when I commit to it, and i've got God of War and Witcher 3* just sat there gathering dust

*technically it's the digital version that I bought on sale for next to nothing, but it's a similar story with that to God of War - bought it just after release after all the hype but didn't play it long enough to get hooked and ended up trading it in at Game
Unpopular view alert... The Witcher 3, while an incredible game world with awesome characters and stories, doesn't actually 'play' all that well. This is probably more of a personal taste thing though, as someone who loves the combat within the Souls games and Bloodborne, The Witcher's combat just seemed a bit monotonous. There are a lot of people who see things completely the opposite though.

Unpopular view alert... The Witcher 3, while an incredible game world with awesome characters and stories, doesn't actually 'play' all that well. This is probably more of a personal taste thing though, as someone who loves the combat within the Souls games and Bloodborne, The Witcher's combat just seemed a bit monotonous. There are a lot of people who see things completely the opposite though.
THANK YOU!

I actually thought the same when I first played it - thought I was maybe playing it...wrong? I dunno, praise was so overwhelming that I figured I must be in the wrong. That's what's been putting me off going back to it.
Medieval/fantasy is my absolute favourite setting, so in theory it should be right up my street but something about it just puts me off.

On a seperate note - I really want to get Sekiro, but I'm going to hold off until a bigger price drop/I've played through some of my back catalogue. I've never played a Souls game (though I do have Bloodborne, via PS+, which is one that I want to play first) so I feel like I'm in for a rough time, however the setting of it looks incredible from everything I've seen.

THANK YOU!

I actually thought the same when I first played it - thought I was maybe playing it...wrong? I dunno, praise was so overwhelming that I figured I must be in the wrong. That's what's been putting me off going back to it.
Medieval/fantasy is my absolute favourite setting, so in theory it should be right up my street but something about it just puts me off.

On a seperate note - I really want to get Sekiro, but I'm going to hold off until a bigger price drop/I've played through some of my back catalogue. I've never played a Souls game (though I do have Bloodborne, via PS+, which is one that I want to play first) so I feel like I'm in for a rough time, however the setting of it looks incredible from everything I've seen.
Okay, so From Software and their games is my absolute favourite topic for discussion and I could literally go on about them all day... I won't though as I don't want to put you off.

What I will say is that from Demon's Souls on (Dark Souls trilogy, Bloodborne & Sekiro) they are all masterpieces but they can take quite a bit of getting used to for the uninitiated. The basics are, deliberate combat that will require your focus 100% of the time, labyrinthine level design that holds various hidden short cuts, seemingly impossible boss battles (on the first occasion you face them) and corpse runs (after death you will have one opportunity to regather your lost xp, so the further into the level you die, the more difficult it will be to regather).

Bloodborne is my personal favourite, it's the most attack orientated. Sekiro is the most different from the others... there are still some similarities (the exploration and level design are similarish) but the combat is very different. I would say the mobs are easier (because you can stealth most of them if you choose to) but the bosses are more difficult.

If (& it's a big 'if' as there are many people who have given these games a proper try and still can't scratch the surface) you do get sucked into the Souls-like... be prepared for all other games to be ruined.

Tried Bloodborune, I just got frustrated with it. I appreciate that throwing you in the deep end and working stuff out is part of the point but I prefer to be eased into a game mechanics.

I really enjoyed the gameplay of Jedi: Fallen Order so I'm not a billion miles away from enjoying it. Fallen Order needed a bit more on the gear front but its skill progression was good.

The Witcher is a bit like RDR2 they are less about the fighting game play and more getting immersed within the world and the story. RDR2 to some extent still play as shitely as GTA3. I'd probably really enjoy Death Stranding but there are reasons I won't play that game. On witcher I'd say the gameplay is a lot more fun if you go down Griffin School/Signs route. Open up a lot more combat options and strategy.

Anyway playing the HBS Shadowrun games which I'm immensely enjoying currently.

Latest posts