• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What games are you playing?

Not really playing anything now a little bit of DayZ since my mates got back into it, currently waiting on
Rugby Challenge 4
Mount and Blade Bannerlord
Cyberpunk 2077
Stalker 2

Played a good 4 hours of Outer Worlds, hated the intro cinematic but the talkie stuff after that is great. I'm not a Fallout fan, this is much better so far.

Done the campaign and about 6 hours of multiplayer on Modern Warfare too, it's a solid fish entry, much better than WW2.

Haven't touched much Rocket League lately so they must be good to draw me away from that.

Review embargo lifts for Death Stranding tomorrow... Outer Worlds is also being delivered tomorrow. If the reviews for Death Stranding are stellar, I may just wait to play OW after I finish Death Stranding as I hate starting something and then stopping halfway through.

Review embargo lifts for Death Stranding tomorrow... Outer Worlds is also being delivered tomorrow. If the reviews for Death Stranding are stellar, I may just wait to play OW after I finish Death Stranding as I hate starting something and then stopping halfway through.

Also waiting on the reviews. Though it was announced for PC, so im waiting it out anyway as PS4 is fugly and laggy. Wanna flog it now cause I want a Switch Lite so bad!

Also waiting on the reviews. Though it was announced for PC, so im waiting it out anyway as PS4 is fugly and laggy. Wanna flog it now cause I want a Switch Lite so bad!
In all honesty, the PS4 exclusives have always looked and ran really well... and although this will be released on PC next year it was developed for PS4 on the Decima engine (an engine created specifically for PS4). HZD looked and ran great on Decima though I'd imagine DS will push the engine closer to its limits so it'll be interesting to see if it suffers under the strain.

Own a switch, barely gets used. *shrug*

Xbox X with Game Pass is mana from heaven for me right now, it's such a good combination. Could legitimately just buy a console with GP and be satisfied with no further purchases. Given my sub runs into next generation and Sony have yet to confirm any launch ***les I'll probably pick up the next Xbox first with Halo pack in then PS5 down the line a little bit.

In all honesty, the PS4 exclusives have always looked and ran really well... and although this will be released on PC next year it was developed for PS4 on the Decima engine (an engine created specifically for PS4). HZD looked and ran great on Decima though I'd imagine DS will push the engine closer to its limits so it'll be interesting to see if it suffers under the strain.

Agreed, HZD was lovely and DS should push it further. Going to finish Outer Worlds before diving into DS however. ****, now I think of it I also need to finish Sekiro. Backlog never ends.

Own a switch, barely gets used. *shrug*

Xbox X with Game Pass is mana from heaven for me right now, it's such a good combination. Could legitimately just buy a console with GP and be satisfied with no further purchases. Given my sub runs into next generation and Sony have yet to confirm any launch ***les I'll probably pick up the next Xbox first with Halo pack in then PS5 down the line a little bit.

Agreed, HZD was lovely and DS should push it further. Going to finish Outer Worlds before diving into DS however. ****, now I think of it I also need to finish Sekiro. Backlog never ends.

Yeah I also use Game Pass but on the PC. It's the greatest thing ever. Since I got Dead Cells I haven't played anything. I want the switch for the indie games on the go. Shovel knight, Hollow Knight, Dead Cells and all of those. Also busy with Outer Worlds on GP. But because of it I have a massive backlog lol. Still need to tackle Gears 5. Ain't got the damn time!

To be fair I only have the base PS4, and it struggles man. Also been a bit spoilt with having a PC. I played Code Vein demo on PS4 and then on PC and it was like a different game on the PC. Looks 100x better and 144fps is a massive game changer. I have the PS4 only for exclusives, and any other game I get on the PC. So when I heard this was coming to PC it was a no brainer. My backlog is so massive anyway that I can wait. Spoilers will be damn hard to avoid though!

Last edited:
I have the base PS4, got it first day and it runs really well stilll.

No lag at all.

That's what I mean by spoilt. Im used to everything at 60fps and up. Also sounds like a jet sometimes lol.

My day one PS4 definitely sounds like it's about to take off when I play games from the hard-drive and not a disk (which I'm increasingly doing, with EA access, tons of good games on PS+ and I might get PS Now, now that they've got PS4 games on it).
Apparently cleaning it will fix it, and is super easy to do, I've just never gotten around to it.

Whilst I do get that PC graphics are better than console yada yada yada, I don't think you can play games like RDR2 and Spiderman and think that the graphics on PS4 are objectively bad.

My day one PS4 definitely sounds like it's about to take off when I play games from the hard-drive and not a disk. Apparently cleaning it will fix it, and is super easy to do, I've just never gotten around to it.

Whilst I do get that PC graphics are better than console yada yada yada, I don't think you can play games like RDR2 and Spiderman and think that the graphics on PS4 are objectively bad.

Nah they still look good. Thought GOW looked amazing. Point is just because I have the option I much prefer the PC. When it's only on PS4 that's where I have to play.

I have a 1 TB external harddrive for my PS4 games which prob helps.

I would wait to play death Stranding on my PC BUT I don't like spoilers and I also like the possibility of being one of the first to find secret stuff so PS4 is a must.
Will prob play it also on PC if I enjoy it and becuase of the potential for mods.

Looking like DS might be a snooze fest. Lots I'm seeing saying if you got bored in RDR2 then this isn't for you. That game bored me to death, but only after like 40 hours. I dunno. Might bargain bin it.

Friend of mine just sent me a message asking if I'd seem the DS reviews yet, said no... some outlets as low as 3.8, IGN with the 6.8.

Eeesh. Guess without the Metal Gear brand it's more about Kojima. Hasn't put me off one bit however.

Looking like DS might be a snooze fest. Lots I'm seeing saying if you got bored in RDR2 then this isn't for you. That game bored me to death, but only after like 40 hours. I dunno. Might bargain bin it.
RDR2 is one of my 3 games of the generation (Rocket League and Bloodborne being the others) so this is good news to me! Actually would love to (at least) double the map size in RDR2 and bring in more simulation elements but appreciate that wouldn't be for everyone. Good balance as it stands now.

Eeesh. Guess without the Metal Gear brand it's more about Kojima. Hasn't put me off one bit however.
MGS is a mix bag, its clear whenever Kojima got his most self indulgent the games suffered badly but when he was reigned in they were superb. His gameplay ideas are always great though....so ho hum.

I'm curious to see what DS is like purely because of all the fluff about "It's not a regular game/you can't put it in a genre IT IS A GENRE" etc., but it's not really tickled me enough to be an early purchase.

I'm curious to see what DS is like purely because of all the fluff about "It's not a regular game/you can't put it in a genre IT IS A GENRE"
Not sure about that, Kojima fans can be errr, yeah.

Sounds like it'll be on sale quite soon anyhow. Even God of War was discounted a few months after release. Wonder if @bushytop is going to do Outer Worlds instead of Death Stranding now?

For the retro gaming fans out there I've just started Zelda a link to the past for the second time ( A masterpiece from the gods) SNES emulator with SNES joypad through a dell Chromebook!

And by god's I mean miyamoto and his team :D

Not sure about that, Kojima fans can be errr, yeah.

Sounds like it'll be on sale quite soon anyhow. Even God of War was discounted a few months after release. Wonder if @bushytop is going to do Outer Worlds instead of Death Stranding now?
Dunno tbh, I've read quite a few reviews of both and I have reservations and excitement about both.

DS negs: constant fetch quests
Positives: sounds like a fresh take and seeing the world evolve during the play through sounds cool. Also, sounds like a challenge.

OW negs: After thousands of hours across the various Elder Scrolls and Fallouts I am over these 'bethesda-style' rpgs.
Positives: It sounds like playing the Firefly tv show.

I'm gonna wait til the next free time I get and just decide at the time I guess... atm I'm 50/50.

That's what I mean by spoilt. Im used to everything at 60fps and up. Also sounds like a jet sometimes lol.
Agree on the frame rate... when I go from Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 (both 30 FPS) to Dark Souls Remastered and Dark Souls 2: SOTFS both (60 FPS) it is very noticeable.

Latest posts