• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What book are you currently reading?

Been only made possible thanks to a kind donation from a forum member :)

I hope it wasn't cyRil's. If so it's probably covered in jizz stains and tears.

I hope it wasn't cyRil's. If so it's probably covered in jizz stains and tears.

Shh-No-Tears-Only-Dreams-Now-Rustled-.png

I dare not look for a jizz-themed one.

Currently? Hmmm... curently i read "Boneshaker" writen by Cherie Priest. Strange, but interesting - it's a steampunk-horror story. Two days ago I started.

I ordered yesterday the complete Sherlock Holmes (4 novels and 56 short stories) ideal for on the train to work. I think this quantity of literature will keep me busy for some time.

I ordered yesterday the complete Sherlock Holmes (4 novels and 56 short stories) ideal for on the train to work. I think this quantity of literature will keep me busy for some time.

I've read all the Holmes stuff, it's quality. In general, the short stories are better than the novels. That's not to say the novels aren't enjoyable, but I feel the detective genre is better suited to the short story format. The pick of the novels imo is The Hound Of The Baskervilles.

A while ago I got my hands on illustrated books containing 8-10 stories a book of Sherlock. But as I'm still waiting for the Reichenbachen Falls / the final problem with Moriarty. I exchanged them for the complete Sherlock :)

The Hound of the Baskervilles and a Scandal in Bohemia are my favorites.

Can't wait for season 3 of Sherlock to be aired next year :)

Fingers crossed the scriptwriters squeeze in a guest appearance of Irene Adler :)

Just read Winter Colours by Donald McRae. A book written when rugby was on the verge of turning pro and how modern rugby is played and seen in contrasting countries. For about two years the writer travels to every major rugby playing tier one nation watching games getting views of the supporters and players.

I enjoyed it just for the sheer amount of different interviews and players spoken with including, James Small, Josh Kronfield, Keith Wood, Sean Fitzpatrick, Abdelatif Benazzi, Os du Randt, Jonah Lomu, John Eales, Thomas Castaignede, Rob Howley, Chris Cullen, Lawrence Dallaglio.

Just finished up Eddie O'Sullivans autobiography, I thought it was a decent read and does anyone like Kidney? lol

Fiction: Finally started the Dune series.

Non Fiction: The Last Valley, about the Battle of Dien Bien Phu.

Some book on the crusades, fascinating stuff. Also plodding through the second of the Feynman lectures, the definitive physics books.

Fruit of the Poisoned tree by Anthony Altbeker... about a murder that took place in Stellenbosch (Cape Town)... The Inge Lotz murder... only problem is the accused (her boyfried Van Der Vyver's) Dad got Altbeker to write the book... so obviously it will be misleading etc it has details of the case, like forensics, photo's times dates alibi's the works

Just finished reading:

Football Manager Stole My Life: 20 Years of Beautiful Obsession

Started reading:

Soccernomics.

I'm reading Anti-Dühring by Friedrich Engels - partly out of interest - mainly because because I'll likely be writing a comparative piece for media. I also lost a bet, so I'm ganna have to purchase and read in public from start to finish 50 Shades of Grey.

In my free time i love to read books.
I have a big collection of books to read.

Currently i am reading novels.

Latest posts