• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

We Need to talk about Worcester

From quins forum

A debenture has been registered at Companies House against Atlas Worcester Warriors Rugby Club Limited:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/14324369/filing-history

The debenture is to secure a loan from Loxwood Holdings Limited

The owner of Loxwood is Christopher Holland:

https://find-and-update.company-inf...any/06251469/persons-with-significant-control

Mr Holland owns Wasps:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/64004475
Very interesting, quite alarming

From quins forum

A debenture has been registered at Companies House against Atlas Worcester Warriors Rugby Club Limited:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/14324369/filing-history

The debenture is to secure a loan from Loxwood Holdings Limited

The owner of Loxwood is Christopher Holland:

https://find-and-update.company-inf...any/06251469/persons-with-significant-control

Mr Holland owns Wasps:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/64004475
So is Wasps owner paying for Wuss to come out of Administration so that Wasps can pinch their stadium?
Dodgy

The only other thing i can think of is Holland has funded Atlas, told them he wants a much reduced rental rate/larger revenue from the stadium for the short term funds. This would then fund his 'new stadium'.

It does feel uncomfortable to be intertwined with Atlas.

Are we going to see a Worcester and wasps merger in the future then?

Worcester Wasps does have a good ring to it.

So it's announced that Wasps have a 3 year tenancy but it was dependent on Atlas securing the deal. So Wasps have paid to ensure we get a stadium by paying Atlas.

I wish there was some form of
Clause forcing Atlas to use rent (which I imagine will be low due to Hollands payment) to repay rugby creditors but unlikely.

Sadly it all works rather well for us, v.low rent plus hopefully money coming in

@EdBirch, interested to get your opinion on what the alternative options are for Wuss fans now? Obviously the Atlas owned "Wuss" are not what the fans want and a lot will avoid them like the plague, so where else will they go?
1) Atlas/Stourbridge "Wuss Warriors"
2) Support another prem team (Glaws, Saints etc.)
3) watch Wasps in the Champ
4) Worcester Wanderers RFC? (League 6) coached by Jonny Arr

Looking at fan boards and twitter, fans of both clubs are bickering amongst each other, both teams are in the dark and no one is happy with the outcome. What will you do? I tried going to Irish but was incredibly hard.

I think for me, as I live down South, going to Prem games as a neutral is most likely. I'm not in the motherland enough to go see the Atlas team/wasps/Worcester RFC and couldn't really change my allegiance to a diff prem team, just wouldn't feel right.

For everyone else, it'll be interesting to see what people do, I think that the Wasps team will lack for support in Worcs, The Atlas team won't materialise and some may migrate across the road. Ultimately, the long term fans have lost their team, the younger fans may want to watch Wasps but who really knows at the moment.

I think for me, as I live down South, going to Prem games as a neutral is most likely. I'm not in the motherland enough to go see the Atlas team/wasps/Worcester RFC and couldn't really change my allegiance to a diff prem team, just wouldn't feel right.

For everyone else, it'll be interesting to see what people do, I think that the Wasps team will lack for support in Worcs, The Atlas team won't materialise and some may migrate across the road. Ultimately, the long term fans have lost their team, the younger fans may want to watch Wasps but who really knows at the moment.
Oh yeah i remember you saying. Yeah its an odd one, i can see younger fans going to Wasps, to get a team to watch and more importantly with the Prem Cup comp, see international players from perm teams.

Its a horrible position for fans to be in, lots of rage from Wuss fans at the moment and some wasps fans trying to fight back against criticism of the club, tbh they need to be left to vent. Wasps fans need to remember they aren't venting at us but at the situation and Wasps as an entity. I don't like what Wasps have done but i am pleased we are coming back in some form.

I take no personal offence in fans having a go at Wasps as an entity for taking advantage of a good business opportunity (even if immoral in my mind) and getting into bed with Atlas.

Oh yeah i remember you saying. Yeah its an odd one, i can see younger fans going to Wasps, to get a team to watch and more importantly with the Prem Cup comp, see international players from perm teams.

Its a horrible position for fans to be in, lots of rage from Wuss fans at the moment and some wasps fans trying to fight back against criticism of the club, tbh they need to be left to vent. Wasps fans need to remember they aren't venting at us but at the situation and Wasps as an entity. I don't like what Wasps have done but i am pleased we are coming back in some form.

I take no personal offence in fans having a go at Wasps as an entity for taking advantage of a good business opportunity (even if immoral in my mind) and getting into bed with Atlas.
My gripe isn't with Wasps fans, not met a bad one tbh. You guys must be hurting too.

My gripe is more with the business side of things. Unfortunately when administration kicked in, that's all it became, business. Any sort of emotional content in the process went out the window for the interested parties.

In realism it isn't Wasps that are at fault either, it's the ownership structures of each side that we're raging against.

If wasps and Worcester merged and had a team of half Worcester and half wasps players called Worcester wasps with heritage from both teams would that work?

Just wondering if that's the end goal here for them.

The problem with this is the majority of former Worcs and Wasps players have moved on. It would also be weird taking heritage through. What ever started would be a blank sheet of paper.

Yeah there's a weird feeling that theres not much to build off, majority of players have found elsewhere including youngsters and there's some who bear a little grudge with what happened.

So realistically, if Atlas default on the loan, Holland will have ownership of Sixways. It's all a bit 50 shades of dodgy
It'll depend on where Holland ranks in terms of secured creditors. In the event of a default He'll only get the full loan back in the event of Atlas liquidating, which will only happen if Atlas go bust and can't pay their liabilities.

What we don't know is how much the Debenture is for. Could be for 10% of the Worcs purchase fee, could be 90% for example

Every single report about this whole debacle is nuts,
£1.15m repayment in three weeks sounds like something out of a gangster movie

Latest posts