• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

We Need To Talk About Wasps

Young stepping back from first team duties for an interim period...whatever that means. Probably that he's too expensive to sack.

I read it and didn't know if it was trying to say 'he's been stepped down' or 'temporary stepping down for personal reasons'.

Either way I'm not sure what's gone wrong at wasps, they were doing well a couple of seasons ago, but injuries, poor signings and something extra has left them in a very poor place.

Last I saw was further announcement to be made so I guess that will be the departure ,thanks all the best need to move in a new direction etc.

Wasps confirmed today that Dai is fully gone now, not just a sabattical.
They floated the theory on the Rugby Pod that the move was precipitated by the Sarries' relegation announcement, but who knows...

Does anyone know anything about Lima Sopoaga? I don't see him on stat sheets anywhere, but I also can't find any news about him. Is he hurt? Disenchanted? Holding out for something?

They floated the theory on the Rugby Pod that the move was precipitated by the Sarries' relegation announcement, but who knows...

Does anyone know anything about Lima Sopoaga? I don't see him on stat sheets anywhere, but I also can't find any news about him. Is he hurt? Disenchanted? Holding out for something?

I can see that being the case

Lima played in their challenge cup matches last month.

hasn't shown up in premiership this year

Maybe a weird unannounced sabbatical?

Or if he actually hasn't played in the prem is it a way round the cap?

Seems most likely they're just not happy with his form, right? Dang, he's fallen a long way from getting starts with the AB's...

Eh, they are clear of relegation and I believe his contract is up at the end of the season. Maybe they think playoffs are out of reach and just want to build for the future.

He's never really settled, when he joined Wasps had a far better squad with their fair share of internationals, Goperth's long injury really didn't help settle him either.

I would imagine it's good for both party's I don't think he's enjoying his time at Wasps and what They have had out of him hasn't really justified the salary.

Just for everyone's info... our bond repayment is up on 13/05/2022. From reports it sounds like it may be repaid. Current prices below:

Today's price (21st April 2022): Sell: £91.20 Buy: £94.50

Trend suggests it is creeping up too and feels late in the day to re-finance. Links attached for those with more knowledge of this stuff that may be interested.

http://onceawasp.com/forums/index.php/topic,5133.msg86643.html#msg86643

Yeah its not great... we owe £13.4m to Coventry Council and £10m to Derek Richardson. We are making strides in terms of improving the facilities and running to a tigher budget and are making better strides commercially but we have only just started to turn that corner. We would need a serious cash influx to balance out to point of other clubs.

It' a hard corner to turn but i am still confident that we can do it, at least we are paying all players and staff which is the last thing I would want to happen.

Yeah its not great. We are making progress elsewhere but this feels a bit of a poisoned chalice tbh.

Latest posts