• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

USA Club Rugby

I was actually going to make something like this one day but looks like I've been beat to this but its good that its up. I have some question Grant, Will this thread cover the US Rugby Super League ? and when does that start.

Also I saw that James Patterson moved to the USA to play rugby and I haven't watched him in a U.S Jersey since the world cup. What happened to him ? is he still playing.

I was actually going to make something like this one day but looks like I've been beat to this but its good that its up. I have some question Grant, Will this thread cover the US Rugby Super League ? and when does that start.

The RSL is defunct. I will post links to articles I gather or post regarding Premiership (PRP/ARP) & D1 rugby.

Also I saw that James Patterson moved to the USA to play rugby and I haven't watched him in a U.S Jersey since the world cup. What happened to him ? is he still playing.

Paterson is a starter in the Glendale Raptors backline. The Raptors play in the PRP

Regarding future US Pro Rugby (yes, it is coming): I think we should have two separate threads - one for the NRFL (retire the NRFL Combine thread after they announce the summer match) and one for the USAR-sponsored Pro comp that RIM will start sometime in Spring 2016 (Most doubt it will start until AFTER the RWC, but that could be wrong). Not sure what to call it, tho, since RIM has been very tight-lipped about the details.

The RSL is defunct. I will post links to articles I gather or post regarding Premiership (PRP/ARP) & D1 rugby.

Paterson is a starter in the Glendale Raptors backline. The Raptors play in the PRP

Regarding future US Pro Rugby (yes, it is coming): I think we should have two separate threads - one for the NRFL (retire the NRFL Combine thread after they announce the summer match) and one for the USAR-sponsored Pro comp that RIM will start sometime in Spring 2016 (Most doubt it will start until AFTER the RWC, but that could be wrong). Not sure what to call it, tho, since RIM has been very tight-lipped about the details.
Not a bad idea actually,

How long does the season run in Texas? Does it overlap with football or wait till after?

Also, what's the weather like? I'm looking at -19 C tomorrow, it'll be nice to think about somewhere warm.

How long does the season run in Texas? Does it overlap with football or wait till after?

Also, what's the weather like? I'm looking at -19 C tomorrow, it'll be nice to think about somewhere warm.

Jan-April is Senior D1 Men and HS rugby season, primarily. Jan and Feb have nights that can get to -3 C, but it never stays there long.
May-August is 7s. you'll be playing in 35-40 C then.
September - April (w/ a break at the holidays) D2/3 Men, D1 Women, All colleges)

Jan-April is Senior D1 Men and HS rugby season, primarily. Jan and Feb have nights that can get to -3 C, but it never stays there long.
May-August is 7s. you'll be playing in 35-40 C then.
September - April (w/ a break at the holidays) D2/3 Men, D1 Women, All colleges)

Year round rugby sounds awesome! Four months of sevens seems a little excessive though.

How many of divisions/levels are there? Just the three?

Year round rugby sounds awesome! Four months of sevens seems a little excessive though.

How many of divisions/levels are there? Just the three?

Texas/Red River XVs

HS Boys - One Division split into two geographical conferences
College Men - Three Divisions - D1A Rugby (Red River Conf), D1AA Rugby (Southwest Conference), NSCRO (Lone Star Conference)
College Women - Two Divisions - D1 (SWWC) and NSCRO (LSWC)
Senior Women - Two Divisions - D1/2 Hybrid (Red River Rugby Conf). 1st place team advances to D1 playoffs, 2nd place team to D2.
Senior Men - Three Division - D1, D2 (Two Geo-Conferences & One Conf of D1 B-sides), D3 (Two Geo-Conferences)

Texas/TOLA 7s
HS Girls - One Division (Matches may by 7s or 10s and held in tournament fashion)
Senior Women - One All-Star team to rep at Natoinals
Senior Men - Winners of 3 Qualification Tournaments advance to regional qualification tournament.
College Men - SWC-only winner of Championship tourney may advance to ACRC or USAR Natl Tourney.

Latest posts