• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2024/2025 - Round 2

When I say "Zebre" you say "Parma". Definitely the result of the week.

I watched Ospreys v Stormers - I had a horrible feeling that the Ospreys would yet again give away the game in the final minutes, but their defence this time held out and they even got a last-minute Penalty Try!

When I say "Zebre" you say "Parma". Definitely the result of the week.

I watched Ospreys v Stormers - I had a horrible feeling that the Ospreys would yet again give away the game in the final minutes, but their defence this time held out and they even got a last-minute Penalty Try!
I thought the Ospreys were very good. They always have a habit of having a strong pack and it showed last night. Set piece seemed good. I agree with you, there was a line out where they called a move around 77 mins in their 22 where Dewi Lake ended up flying down the wing and knocking on. It was a weird call given they needed to manage the game, but they got the next turnover and managed to get the BP try at the other end.

I thought the Ospreys were very good. They always have a habit of having a strong pack and it showed last night. Set piece seemed good. I agree with you, there was a line out where they called a move around 77 mins in their 22 where Dewi Lake ended up flying down the wing and knocking on. It was a weird call given they needed to manage the game, but they got the next turnover and managed to get the BP try at the other end.
The lineout was mostly good, but the scrum (as unfortunately expected) was often under pressure from the South Africans, but they found a way of coping in the end.

My girlfriend is staying at a hotel in Cape Town and she says the Ulster squad are staying there. Any idea why they would be in Cape Town when they are playing at Loftus Versfeld next weekend?

My girlfriend is staying at a hotel in Cape Town and she says the Ulster squad are staying there. Any idea why they would be in Cape Town when they are playing at Loftus Versfeld next weekend?
Quiet common teams will just stay away from altitude until day before.

Generally happy to see a good start for the Bulls and especially the Lions with that home win. Sharks really fell off a cliff at half time and will be very disappointed with the loss.

Stormers did worse than I anticipated. I expected the loss, but was hoping for at least a losing bonus point. We will struggle to place in the top 8 this season. Very limited recruitment, generally limited depth when our frontliners are injured/Springboks are out and have a severe lacking of a fetcher when Deon Fourie is injured (who we should be looking to get coverage for as he is 38).

Generally happy to see a good start for the Bulls and especially the Lions with that home win. Sharks really fell off a cliff at half time and will be very disappointed with the loss.

Stormers did worse than I anticipated. I expected the loss, but was hoping for at least a losing bonus point. We will struggle to place in the top 8 this season. Very limited recruitment, generally limited depth when our frontliners are injured/Springboks are out and have a severe lacking of a fetcher when Deon Fourie is injured (who we should be looking to get coverage for as he is 38).
You were missing some big names though. Get even 1 or 2 of them back and you probably beat us. We did well though to be fair.

Latest posts