• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2023/2024 - Round 18

A bit of a rant here...

Scarlets were just allowed a try, in which the TMO called a pass 5 yards forward, which it clearly was, and the ref stated it came out of the hands backwards, but travelled 5 yards forward hahahahaha

So in rugby in 2024 forward passes are allowed.

Realised the race for the top 8 isn't over. If Ospreys win with a bonus point they're in and the Lions are out.

Frank Murphy is hilariously biased to Munster. It's embarrassing he's allowed to ref them.
Biased my hole, he's had absolute howlers in games we played in. Would be more than happy not to have him near our games though. A ref shouldn't be put in that position where he's reffing a team he has any association with (so also Connacht).

No idea how we've won that game, we were atrocious. That backrow has no balance there's no carrying threat there. A number of other lads like Loughman and Beirne were way off. RG carried us though the first 30.

I'll take that result though, yuppa. Bench won it for us. Back three were all decent throughout

There was two yellows in that game for Munster (Snyman and Nash) and a few weird calls in the lead up to Munster taking the lead. Ulster should feel hard done by and Murphy should not ref Munster games.

Pity for the Lions in the end. Ideal for Munster to have Ospreys over the Lions tbh. Lions are hot and cold, but can really pitch up.

Probably ideal for the Stormers also. Would much rather be up against Glasgow away than Munster away. That being said, fairly certain we are going out in the quarters.

There was two yellows in that game for Munster (Snyman and Nash) and a few weird calls in the lead up to Munster taking the lead. Ulster should feel hard done by and Murphy should not ref Munster games.
Snyman probs, Nash never in a month of Sundays lol.

Anyway top of the league baby. I'd almost rather go away from home with how patchy we've been at home though!

Weird???
Frank went out of his way to find reason to card lads and both were saved by clear rules.
For try on h/t for Ulster he couldn't clearly see ball grounded at time but worded any reason not to award try so that helped Ulster.
Not sure what game you watched but hope it was as good as 1 that was on in Thomond Park.

On Ulster they have super young guys and foundations there. Can't see them do a 3 in a row over the 3rd place team but next year they will be alot better.

For us we were far from perfect but probably that is best. Got job done but alot more to work on

Snyman probs, Nash never in a month of Sundays lol.

Anyway top of the league baby. I'd almost rather go away from home with how patchy we've been at home though!
Snymans wasn't. Alot of mitigating factors also Snyman never drove forward dipped and stood. Was a pen for sure and I think the fact Ulster weren't even looking for a yellow showed that

Weird???
Frank went out of his way to find reason to card lads and both were saved by clear rules.
For try on h/t for Ulster he couldn't clearly see ball grounded at time but worded any reason not to award try so that helped Ulster.
Not sure what game you watched but hope it was as good as 1 that was on in Thomond Park.

On Ulster they have super young guys and foundations there. Can't see them do a 3 in a row over the 3rd place team but next year they will be alot better.

For us we were far from perfect but probably that is best. Got job done but alot more to work on
He made the decisions not to give yellows. I've yet to see anyone argue Snyman's wasn't a yellow apart from you. And he awarded Ulster a try that was a try.

Not really as 2 covering lads there. It was explained clearly

It stopped a line breakopportunity, that's the rule. Cover only comes into it if it's a PT decision.

Nice to see you have your referee's back as much as the club and coaches though. Loyal.

Last edited:
Neutral opinion. Snyman definitely a yellow. Hit was high on the head and then he stood for a split second before driving him backwards. Mitigation from red was the tackle from another and dipping already. World Cup would have been yellow.

Nash I don't see as a yellow given the cover was right there.