• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

U20 6 nations 2024

Is that not allowed then?
As long as they take it from the mark I don't see why not. Issue like most ref decisions is consistency. Some refs let you go near, where as some are fussy and you have to be exactly on the spot.

As long as they take it from the mark I don't see why not. Issue like most ref decisions is consistency. Some refs let you go near, where as some are fussy and you have to be exactly on the spot.
That's what I would have thought, but @die_mole made it sound like it wasn't allowed, and they're much better on the laws than i

Looks like we nearly blew that. Sean Edogbo is an extremely good athlete. Think the consensus is his skills could use work, but he's played wing and backrow, he is lightening quick for the position.

Glad to hear O'Connor had a better game too. There's a very good player there.

Shout out to Italy they're getting seriously competitive at this age grade now and have been for a few years.

Haven't watched a second of 20s rugby but the win streak were on in this comp is impressive. By the sounds of it Wales won't stop it but I reckon it's England's year, they've been simmering and have home advantage over us.

England are benefiting from not having any prem rugby on during this time

I reckon a number of players prob would've been kept back by clubs
How many are getting regular game time?

Feel like there's not as many names in this crop as usual, but admit I'm not as aware of other squads as I once was

Very few TBH. AFAIK, it's only really AO-F, Carnduff, McParland and Redshaw that have played as much as a handful of games at senior level. Redshaw is the only one currently starting with any regularity. Pollock is very highly rated, but I think he's made something like 2 or 3 senior appearances for Saints so far.

Very few TBH. AFAIK, it's only really AO-F, Carnduff, McParland and Redshaw that have played as much as a handful of games at senior level. Redshaw is the only one currently starting with any regularity. Pollock is very highly rated, but I think he's made something like 2 or 3 senior appearances for Saints so far.
You've got to remember that the Six Nations tends to be a time of year where youngsters have to start filling in though.

For example, with Robeuck gone from Sale there's a good chance that Alex Wills would have been kept behind (he's already had to fill in in a Chanpions Cup game).

With so many Sarries loose five players unavailable Michelow almost certainly would have been kept behind.

That's what I would have thought, but @die_mole made it sound like it wasn't allowed, and they're much better on the laws than i
It is questionable, there was directive sent to refs a few years ago that players could not intentionally refuse advantage.

There was a spate of 9s, when ref signalled pen advantage, would deliberately bounce the ball in front of them, creating a knock on, then they would proceed to quick tap the penalty catching the forwards out. This was deemed in violation ethos of the game, and I think falls under the 'appealing for a penalty' area (but I could be wrong'

Anyway, referees are under the obligation to allow both teams fair charge, allowing 9's to refuse advantage, then catch the other team out by refusing that advantage wouldnt be fair.

I had a similar discussion about the Wales v England try a few seasons ago, where Fsrrell huddled his men and Wales caught them out. IMHO that shouldnt have stood, despite genuine arguments for why it should.

It is questionable, there was directive sent to refs a few years ago that players could not intentionally refuse advantage.

There was a spate of 9s, when ref signalled pen advantage, would deliberately bounce the ball in front of them, creating a knock on, then they would proceed to quick tap the penalty catching the forwards out. This was deemed in violation ethos of the game, and I think falls under the 'appealing for a penalty' area (but I could be wrong'

Anyway, referees are under the obligation to allow both teams fair charge, allowing 9's to refuse advantage, then catch the other team out by refusing that advantage wouldnt be fair.

I had a similar discussion about the Wales v England try a few seasons ago, where Fsrrell huddled his men and Wales caught them out. IMHO that shouldnt have stood, despite genuine arguments for why it should.
Fair enough. Tbh I'm fine with either as long as it's refined consistently.

The issue is the player asking for the penalty and then taking the quick tap. It's not a laws thing but a game management thing. There isn't really a law that allows a player to say they don't want the advantage. It's a courtesy extended to players and the ref allowed himself to get walked over.

The scrum half gets to start taking the quick tap before the ref even blows the whistle.

How many are getting regular game time?

Feel like there's not as many names in this crop as usual, but admit I'm not as aware of other squads as I once was
Not so much getting time but a lot on the fringes I feel
You've got to remember that the Six Nations tends to be a time of year where youngsters have to start filling in though.

For example, with Robeuck gone from Sale there's a good chance that Alex Wills would have been kept behind (he's already had to fill in in a Chanpions Cup game).

With so many Sarries loose five players unavailable Michelow almost certainly would have been kept behind.

Yeah no way Carnduff would've been released given we have Martin and Chessum out at this time

Another night... another (hopefully) enjoyable game to watch. Got the Ire v Wal u20s on tonight

Was hoping to see Morgan Morse in action again. He's been one of Wales' best players but is being rested

Weird one so far. Both sides making a few mistakes. Nobody is capitalising just yet. Maybe the weather is being a factor?

England feel the stronger side but keep doing stupid stuff and letting Scots have a free pitch to sprint up.

The Scottish player jumped into the tackle ffs. After what Scotland did earlier, there is no way this should even be a penalty. There was no need for him to jump there at all.

Latest posts