• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF's 2014 FIFA World Cup

I played in net for around 8 or 9 years and this sort of thing happens a lot, both to the keeper and the other way. If there's a one on one you're expected to go down low right at the attackers feet and as often as not you're coming away with a boot to the chest, face or whatever. You don't complain about it because you know that these sort of things can happen within the rules if it's a 50-50 ball. Neuer got to the ball first. He didn't lead with his hip or anything and his eyes were always on the ball. A good, tough challenege, but in my mind Higuain can have no complaint.

People are making out like this was another Schumacher tackle or something.

1. The argentinian went down crying like a little girl
2. He got up and started screaming at the referee
3. He went back on the ground crying and all the medics came on to make sure he didn't get too dehydrated through all of his blubbing.
When the England team have real men instead the fags they have, come on and talk

When the England team have real men instead the fags they have, come on and talk

Ouch you cut me deep. I'm notoriously a huge football/England football fan!

I was literally stating what happened, why are you getting all offended over it?

Totally agree. The striker cannot simply assume that he has the God given right to the ball. A well timed and successful clearance. Not to mention a warning to Higuain what may happen if he goes anywhere near the 18 yd box.

I also agree, for me wasn't a penalty kick. Not all Argentines think that, there were several including former Argentine referee Angel Sanchez and others former referees as Hector Baldassi said it wasn't a penalty kick and that the referee was wrong in Higuain's foul. He should have taken a throw in for Argentina because Neuer sent the ball out to the field. Had it been the other way around, Romero hit the ball first and then hit Gotze, Argentines who are now complain would say it wasn't a penalty kick.

I think this make some persons have more respect before says something stupid.

What he said was the truth though? He went down again to try and influence the ref to change his mind. Fairly standard football over exaggeration. If he was OK enough to get up and shout at the ref, then it makes it hard to believe that he was hurt enough to go down again.

Also, was a cracking bit of goalie play from Neuer, he got the ball first, striker ran into him and simply wasn't anywhere near the ball.

I played in net for around 8 or 9 years and this sort of thing happens a lot, both to the keeper and the other way. If there's a one on one you're expected to go down low right at the attackers feet and as often as not you're coming away with a boot to the chest, face or whatever. You don't complain about it because you know that these sort of things can happen within the rules if it's a 50-50 ball. Neuer got to the ball first. He didn't lead with his hip or anything and his eyes were always on the ball. A good, tough challenege, but in my mind Higuain can have no complaint.

People are making out like this was another Schumacher tackle or something.

You were the Holy Goalie
Packie Bonnar Version 2

What he said was the truth though? He went down again to try and influence the ref to change his mind. Fairly standard football over exaggeration. If he was OK enough to get up and shout at the ref, then it makes it hard to believe that he was hurt enough to go down again.

Also, was a cracking bit of goalie play from Neuer, he got the ball first, striker ran into him and simply wasn't anywhere near the ball.

I support your thinking, I hate the exaggeration in football. Football players have a lot to learn from rugby players, they earn less and suffer worst injuries and didn't complain as girls. They must learn to respect the referees, that's very nice of our sport. We respect the decisions of the referees, they cry like girls.

Last edited:
The Holy Goalie isn´t Arthur Boruc? lol

Well. Not penalty! Definitely!

Argentinians should be complaining on the three clear chances they lost instead...

The Holy Goalie is a term around years at Celtic long before Bonnar or Boruc (who admittedly was probably the most famous 1)
But Feic is better than the lot

I support your thinking, I hate the exaggeration in football. Football players have a lot to learn from rugby players, they earn less and suffer worst injuries and didn't complain as girls. They must learn to respect the referees, that's very nice of our sport. We respect the decisions of the referees, they cry like girls.

Could you actually just give over for once? Yes, we ****ing get it, there's a lack of respect in football. Congratulations - you've told us this before. I'm actually sick of hearing this from 'rugby fans', it gives a bad name to everyone else, when most of us probably respect sports men or women regardless of what shape ball they hit.

Contrary to blinkered people like yourself, I can speak for myself and other rugby fans I know that we thoroughly enjoyed this world cup even though I didn't pay much attention to it before. You can stay stuck there trying to claim how much better rugby is to football, but nobody cares anymore.

To be honest, the only people I've seen say things like 'they cry like girls, rugby players always get injured' is Conrad, ImScotty and I think Ewis. Says it all really.

Worlds best player (Messi) vs worlds best team (Germany)...90 times out of 100 the team wins.

Amazingly the Argies had the best chances, while Germany dominated possession (around 70%). The best team won so justice was served. Full credit to the Argies for making a far better game of it than I expected. Higuain has never been good enough so his miss one on one was standard for him, while Palacios (and his ridiculous hairdo) is garbage. Terrible terrible decision to bring him on. Argies had to defend for large periods and Mascherano in oarticular was immense..probably my man of the match.

Regards the Argie talking about respect..and Rugby, as somehow being superior. :lol: Total sham. Rugby players curse and swear like theres no tomorrow. Every Rugby doc I've seen is riddled with expletives. On the field punch ups and eye gouging gallore. The 99 call is still celebrated to this day. Martin Johnson took part in probably the most disrespectful moment ive ever seen on a field at Landsdowne rd in 2003. The man was a c555 of the supreme order that day (great player mind...in my all time XV). All this yes sir garbage to the ref is just that.

I will go deeper and look at tainted history...no sport, on earth, can compete with Rugby Union. While football in Robben Island represented freedom, the white mans Rugby represented oppression. While football had no racial or class barriers, Rugby as an elitist activity had every barrier going. While football spread around the world organically and was voluntarily adopted, Rugby (like cricket) was via imperialism.

The Argie knows little...so I can forgive his ignorance.

Regards the Argie talking about respect..and Rugby, as somehow being superior. :lol: Total sham. Rugby players curse and swear like theres no tomorrow. Every Rugby doc I've seen is riddled with expletives. On the field punch ups and eye gouging gallore. The 99 call is still celebrated to this day. Martin Johnson took part in probably the most disrespectful moment ive ever seen on a field at Landsdowne rd in 2003. The man was a c555 of the supreme order that day (great player mind...in my all time XV). All this yes sir garbage to the ref is just that.
big lel m8

Worlds best player (Messi) vs worlds best team (Germany)...90 times out of 100 the team wins.

Amazingly the Argies had the best chances, while Germany dominated possession (around 70%). The best team won so justice was served. Full credit to the Argies for making a far better game of it than I expected. Higuain has never been good enough so his miss one on one was standard for him, while Palacios (and his ridiculous hairdo) is garbage. Terrible terrible decision to bring him on. Argies had to defend for large periods and Mascherano in oarticular was immense..probably my man of the match.

I will go deeper and look at tainted history...no sport, on earth, can compete with Rugby Union. While football in Robben Island represented freedom, the white mans Rugby represented oppression. While football had no racial or class barriers, Rugby as an elitist activity had every barrier going. While football spread around the world organically and was voluntarily adopted, Rugby (like cricket) was via imperialism.

Last edited by a moderator:

lgXUcxC.gif

German players singing racist songs in Berlin... mmm pretty cool eh?

Last edited:

Latest posts