• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Morris looked good... don't know whether I'd say excellent, but certainly a great signing.

Neither looked particularly outstanding in the 6N they played in IMO, both improved in the JWC - with Earle looking close to unplayable at times.

Morris was solid with a big boot - didn't look anything like as talented as the likes of Nowell or Watson (or Earle).

U20 clearly isn't the end of the development for young players though.

Interesting to see that Nathan Earle and Tom Whiteley (fairly promising Sarries SH) seem to be spending the summer down in NZ.

Last edited:
All talk on the Tigers forum are saying Genge is a done deal.

After yesterday I am so happy with this, a bit raw in the scrummaging but @ only 21 and new to the front row def has potential.

Imagine a front row in 4 years of
1) Genge, 2) George, 3) Sinkler

Assuming the 2 props improve in the scrum.

Also judging from some tweets Crane is prob off to Bris if they get promoted

Sure some of you have seen this report on twitter, Midi Olympique is reporting Wasps "have made contact" with Steffon Armitage.

Exeter rumoured to be in talks with Nic White. Would be a great signing if true. Chudley has done well but Chiefs need a top quality 9.

In the same article it also says Wasps and Bath interested in Slade.

A player like Slade would have to be mad to leave Exeter at the moment, they're a club firmly on an upwards trajectory.

It's just the snaggle-**** that is Exeter's centres now; Sam Hill, Slade, Devoto, Campagnaro- who's playing for their second team at the moment ffs! So at least four (I'll have missed someone) bright young prospects are going to be queuing up for 12 and 13 next season.

When's Steenson retiring?

Ah, second hand rumours so I missed that part. I'm sure I'm not the only one unwilling to spend money on TRP... I would imagine there are a fair few clubs interested in Slade to be honest but I would like to think he's a bit beyond being bought away from Devon.

Edit: That wasn't a deliberate alliteration but I'm quite impressed with myself anyway... Yeah Exeter are well stocked in the centres but I can see Slade playing more at 10 next season. I think he would have this year if he hadn't got injured and Steenson hadn't raised the bar so high. I don't think its a problem having all the centres because I think Exe will play with 2 playmakers whether its Steeno at 10, Slade at 13 or Slade at 10 Devoto at 12 or even 15. The only issue is Sam Hill as I can't see him playing anywhere other than 12. Hopefully he can develop into a de Villiers type centre but we'll have to see.

Last edited:
A player like Slade would have to be mad to leave Exeter at the moment, they're a club firmly on an upwards trajectory.

Yes and no. He's a local(ish) lad and part of the golden academy generation, so leaving such a close knit club would no doubt be a wrench. However, if someone doesn't figure out his best position for England and he doesn't start getting regular game time there, he's in danger of missing the international boat. If finding a new club is the price he has to pay, then so be it.

It's just the snaggle-**** that is Exeter's centres now; Sam Hill, Slade, Devoto, Campagnaro- who's playing for their second team at the moment ffs! So at least four (I'll have missed someone) bright young prospects are going to be queuing up for 12 and 13 next season.

Nobody as far as I'm aware, the A-League finished last week. Funnily enough, Exeter Braves won it!

When's Steenson retiring?

He's not long turned 32. As a fly half, I'd have thought he's got a season or two left in him yet.

Considering how well Campagnero played in the six nations I would've thought he'd have played more this season. Might be the one to miss out next season along with Hooley.

Nobody as far as I'm aware, the A-League finished last week. Funnily enough, Exeter Braves won .

Sorry, ambiguous phrasing- Campagnaro IS playing for the second team. Considering his quality it seems pretty clear that there's a bit of a log jam at Exeter.

Good post though, thanks, hadn't thought of it like that.

Bradley Davis signed a duel contract with the WRU and heading to Ospreys until the 2019 world cup

He's a good signing, but surely one of the other regions would have been a better fit? Blues and Scarlets could do with another grizzly second row, whilst Ospreys have two of the most promising young locks on their books, who will now struggle for game tim outside of international windows.

I was really hoping he's end up back at the Blues. A combination of wanting to see him back at the region which developed him in the first place, and wanting to see the Blues pack bolstered a little more to allow their exciting backs more opportunity.

Latest posts