• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Vermuellen a done deal to bath apparently, along with Priestland.

Not best timing if it comes out for Bath

Odd about RP. Why go to a club who have Ford glued, nailed and tarmac'd in as their 10 for the next 5-10 years plus.

Odd about RP. Why go to a club who have Ford glued, nailed and tarmac'd in as their 10 for the next 5-10 years plus.

Maybe Anthony Watson wants to play wing more in the future (to help his England chances) and Priestland is being brought in as a 15 option?

Can Priestland play 15?

Otherwise he's going to be closing out a lot of games and playing in the LV almost exclusively.

No just played 15 when he was being blooded. He's a flyhalf or nothing these days

Kieran Brookes: Newcastle --> Northampton

Geoff Parling: Leicester --> Exeter

I can see Brookes going, no problem... less confident in the Parling rumour.

JJ Hanrahan has reportedly signed an extension with Munster. It's been bandied about for a week or so, and all but confirmed by Alan Quinlan when commentating. Good news for us, as we can't afford to lose backs, let alone one of the most clearly talented ones we've produced in years.

Midi's monday transfer rumours:

Duane Vermeulen --> Toulon
Danny Cipriani --> Toulon

Willem Alberts --> Stade Francais

Apparently SF have told Genia that he'll have to pay out his pre-contract himself if he wants to go there!
Lyon are apparently trying to get hold of him too.

Midi's monday transfer rumours:

Duane Vermeulen --> Toulon
Danny Cipriani --> Toulon

Willem Alberts --> Stade Francais

Apparently SF have told Genia that he'll have to pay out his pre-contract himself if he wants to go there!
Lyon are apparently trying to get hold of him too.

I can can only see cipriani going if he doesn't get picked for six nations or the World Cup because if he goes and plays for Toulon now he will be breaking the RFUs policy of he has to play in England so all the hype about him making a England return will have been a waste

Apparently he would be signed on the condition that he resigned from international rugby.

Can't see either of those 2 going to Toulon although if Duane did their pack would be crazier than it is now.

Think the Stade ones could be true.

Anyone know what Todd's contract is ATM.

It would make more sense for Cipriani to sign a 1 year extension as Sale are going well and then if he doesn't get picked for the World Cup he can then cash in and move to France.

I'd be very happy for Danny to either stay with Sale or move to Quins as a second preference.

The trouble is that I can see him going if he feels he's flogging a dead-horse re: England.

If Quins don't sign Cips then I could see them making a move for Swiel... I don't know how up for that the Sharks would be though?

There are a few things going in Sale's favour in that he likes living up in Manchester and he suits the team well plus he seems to react well to Diamond. I just worry if he moves on Sale will drop off the radar as he is used in all of the marketing and he must help the gate figures.

Latest posts