• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

McCloskey staying, apparently not granted early release from Ulster (wonder if they were trying to get some comp from Bayonne).

Big year for him ahead, has to fend off Osbourne for another 6 months in Ireland squads to retain his value ahead of the next negotiation season.

McCloskey staying, apparently not granted early release from Ulster (wonder if they were trying to get some comp from Bayonne).

Big year for him ahead, has to fend off Osbourne for another 6 months in Ireland squads to retain his value ahead of the next negotiation season.
Big issues here with this. And this isn't Frisch related but
1. If Osbourme is to really get in to Irish camps he needs yo be making Leinster 23 for big games. Like no excuses of Ringrose is ahead. He isnversatile so at a minimum in 23.
2. McCloskey is a 12 so should be 2 seperate arguments. 1 being if Osbourne is to get in squads again it should be ahead of 1 of Henshaw and Ringrose as a 13. And this brings Frawley in to it to regards 12s.

But should add separately Ulster got an injection of cash and whole NIQ model to be revisited regards budgets and quotes in May meeting

Big issues here with this. And this isn't Frisch related but
1. If Osbourme is to really get in to Irish camps he needs yo be making Leinster 23 for big games. Like no excuses of Ringrose is ahead. He isnversatile so at a minimum in 23.
2. McCloskey is a 12 so should be 2 seperate arguments. 1 being if Osbourne is to get in squads again it should be ahead of 1 of Henshaw and Ringrose as a 13. And this brings Frawley in to it to regards 12s.

But should add separately Ulster got an injection of cash and whole NIQ model to be revisited regards budgets and quotes in May meeting
I don't think there's much to worry about there. A fit Osbourne has Henshaw looking over his shoulder. But for a poorly timed injury he would almost certainly be in the squad currently, although probably not at anyone's expense.

Hes very comfortable at 12, has European experience there with Ringrose at 13.

He's one of the guys on the fast track for a reason.

I don't think there's much to worry about there. A fit Osbourne has Henshaw looking over his shoulder. But for a poorly timed injury he would almost certainly be in the squad currently, although probably not at anyone's expense.

Hes very comfortable at 12, has European experience there with Ringrose at 13.

He's one of the guys on the fast track for a reason.
And I don't doubt that but want it to be proven. Harry Byrne was fast tracked a few years ago and it was wrong and now shows.

If Osbourne is that good and on form then there is absolutely no excuse to not be in 23 for big games this run in

And I don't doubt that but want it to be proven. Harry Byrne was fast tracked a few years ago and it was wrong and now shows.
No it wasn't, he got injured a lot.
If Osbourne is that good and on form then there is absolutely no excuse to not be in 23 for big games this run in
What do you want him to prove? He has 35 appearances for Leinster, has started and scored in Europe, played for the wolfhounds and has been in Ireland squads. Has just come back from injury and is immediately in great form. And he's 22, it's be mad not to be putting him in squads.

No it wasn't, he got injured a lot.

What do you want him to prove? He has 35 appearances for Leinster, has started and scored in Europe, played for the wolfhounds and has been in Ireland squads. Has just come back from injury and is immediately in great form. And he's 22, it's be mad not to be putting him in squads.
Well at start Harry was injured alot but never kicked on. That is a fact if Leinster has a full deck does Harry make a 23?

Regards Osbourne. If theybare seriously good enough for Ireland I'd want at least cementing a spot in Leinster 23. So again if he is good enough I'd be expecting he is in 23 come the big games for Leinster. For me earning a spot in an Irish squad is doing it in big European and knockout games for a province. He has not done that yet.

He's won more European games in his career than Munster have since 2022…
Maybe and if he is that good he will have no issue getting in to Leinster 23.

And by your mentality it great to see you admit Ireland made a huge mistake leaving Jean Kleyn out. He has more medals than Joe McCarthy and James Ryan since 2022 too ;)

Actually Frisch should be in too as he has more medals and cup wins.

Also stats would show since start of last season Munster won 3 European games. Same about Osbourne has played in. So that stat actually shows I'm guessing he not there yet as Munsters record is poor. 3 out of 12 games isn't for standard I'd like to see as good enough in Irish squad. Yes he was injured so hopefully he does prove it in bigger Leinster games

Last edited:
Maybe and if he is that good he will have no issue getting in to Leinster 23.

And by your mentality it great to see you admit Ireland made a huge mistake leaving Jean Kleyn out. He has more medals than Joe McCarthy and James Ryan since 2022 too ;)

Actually Frisch should be in too as he has more medals and cup wins.
What mentality? I'm not the one making random sub-sets of matches to judge a player by that essentially boils down to about 4 club games a year max.

Anyway, he is that good and will either be on the wing or at 23 for Leinster in three weeks.

I don't think Kleyn was a massive mistake but the fact Treadwell kept him out of squads doesn't age well. Frisch won't get more than 5 international caps regardless of the colour of his jersey, not a bad player but not an international guy for a top 4 nation. France have a clash with Argentina and the Top 14 final and every centre they have is in one of the three clubs that will be in that, he's cover for one game for them.

What mentality? I'm not the one making random sub-sets of matches to judge a player by that essentially boils down to about 4 club games a year max.

Anyway, he is that good and will either be on the wing or at 23 for Leinster in three weeks.

I don't think Kleyn was a massive mistake but the fact Treadwell kept him out of squads doesn't age well. Frisch won't get more than 5 international caps regardless of the colour of his jersey, not a bad player but not an international guy for a top 4 nation. France have a clash with Argentina and the Top 14 final and every centre they have is in one of the three clubs that will be in that, he's cover for one game for them.
Simply put as I countered stats. IF he is good enough in the big matches he should be in 23. If he is on Irelands squad and can't break in to Leinster strongest 23 he should be moved and be exposed to big games.
That is all. At the moment he hasn't earned his spot yet. Maybe he will on the next 3 months but if he doesn't break in then that means he hasn't earned Irish spot.

On Kleyn I 2as just implying the stat based on your incorrect Muster vs Osbourne wins

Simply put as I countered stats. IF he is good enough in the big matches he should be in 23. If he is on Irelands squad and can't break in to Leinster strongest 23 he should be moved and be exposed to big games.
That is all. At the moment he hasn't earned his spot yet. Maybe he will on the next 3 months but if he doesn't break in then that means he hasn't earned Irish spot.
You're not making sense. He's started European games, he's in the Leinster starting 23, he's been in an Ireland squad. By your own metric he should be considered.
On Kleyn I 2as just implying the stat based on your incorrect Muster vs Osbourne wins
As many as Munster then. Far better win %.

You're not making sense. He's started European games, he's in the Leinster starting 23, he's been in an Ireland squad. By your own metric he should be considered.

As many as Munster then. Far better win %.
Well not a better won percentage when ranges are different. Could argue Munster have 3 out of 3 too.
And by my metric Osbourne hasn't broke in to Leinster 23 yet. And isn't there yet. I hope he does. Buy at moment at centre he has Frawley, Ngatai, Henshaw and Ringrose ahead you could argue and at wings Jimmy O'Brien, Lowe and we'll there is a slot or 2 there but that what I'd like to see him do too. It the same as I'd say for Harry Byrne I'd like to see him cement 10 ahead of Ross and others.

Of his 3 European games 1 was a 10min cameo with less than 5 touches and 2 were against poor opposition (not his fault).
Also he has next to no experience of a knockout game of rugby.
Don't think it much saying that those should be some bit achievable. Not against the lad making it just it should be earned. It not as if he a try scoring machine either or something that it a fast track reason.

Goalposts and gymnasts are flying everywhere. Watch out.
But again anything I have said is the truth. Not 1 fact is disputable. My fact were correct unlike your 1.

I'd even go 1 further and ask. Are you saying come April 6th. If fit Osbourne is 100% in the 23 yes?

Sharks signings of the last month and a bit:
Andre Esterhuizen - Harlequins
Trevor Nyakane - Racing 92
Jason Jenkins - Leinster
Jordan Hendrikse - Lions
Emmanuel Tshituka - Lions

One short term deal has been made of sending out Hyron Andrews to Sale Sharks to cover Jonny Hill. RJVR is also off to Japan with the Canon Eagles.

Surely at some point they have to become good with all these players instead of being last in the URC.

Wild that their squad essentially features or will feature the following Springboks:

Props:
Nche
Nyakane
Koch
Oosthuizen
Mchunu

Hooker
Mbonambi

Locks
Etzebeth
Jenkins

Loose forwards (guess this is where they are thinner)
Notshe

Scrumhalves
Hougaard
Hendrikse
Williams

Flyhalves (also weak)
Bosch

Centres
Am
Venter
Esterhuizen

Outside backs:
Mapimpi
Fassi
Dyantyi

One short term deal has been made of sending out Hyron Andrews to Sale Sharks to cover Jonny Hill.
He any good?

Not sure how much game time he'll get, feel like the deal got delayed as it was written in the press ages ago but he only arrived yesterday, and in that time Wiese and JLdP have returned from injury