• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 25 2010, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
But yeah the Saints are really going to be a team to take serious for years to come if they continue progressing like they are[/b]

The comparison to Villa is really good. (I'm a Villa fan). There's a lot of English/ British players who are very good; maybe some aren't up to international level but they certainly perform up to Premiership standards. It's traditionally a big club (but not a top one) and they've picked themselves up from a shitty season or two a few years back. The club is very well run and has no financial problems or fan shortages.

Am I talking about Villa or Saints here?

Tom Court and Simon Danielli have supposedly agreed 2 year extensions at Ravenhill.

And for us that thought Court may have been injured after been omited from Ireland squad vs England.
He was omitted by Kidney because Kidney felt Buckley is better option and Court will instead play against London Welsh at Ravenhill this weekend.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Feb 25 2010, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
WHAT!?!?! Weepu was my pick as starting scrum half for the RWC. This is BS if it's true. He has a very good chance of being in the squad, so leaving now would be so stupid. That being said there is a well known problem between Weepu and Henry, however that really shouldn't come into consideration for the RWC...

I'm fricking gutted if this is true.[/b]

Well in the article they say he was the one asking to leave to Europe in May, and that he thinks he doesn't have a chance of making it in the 2011 ABs squad. Maybe you should give him a call to boost his self confidence :p

I don't see the point in hiring this player. Yes he can play 9 and 10 and he can kick but we have plenty of these among the emerging french players and he will cost a lot of money once again. With the salary cap coming next year this will mean Weepu will be the biggest signing for Perpignan and I'm pretty sure they could find a better target.
I'm generally quite hostile to french clubs hiring foreign players at very high prices, but at least if we do it it should be with someone like Carter or McCaw who you can be sure will add something to the game.

EDIT: French newspapers say crap very very often so I'd say it's about 30% likely to happen

Mark Gasnier to either remain with Stade Francais or move to Bayonne or Biarritz if he stays in France. The ARU are chasing his signature too and a move back to Australia ahead of the World Cup seems a likely option.

From News of the World

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
WORLD CUP winner Ben Kay has agreed to join Jonny Wilkinson at French high-rollers Toulon.

The 32-year-old Leicester second-row has struggled to get a start at Welford Road this season but has bagged a two-year deal that will see him finish his career in France.

The big-spending Top 14 outfit are also targeting Wales' former World Player of the Year, winger Shane Williams.

England centre Riki Flutey is weighing up offers from Munster, Wasps and Leicester after failing to settle in Brive.

And Bath are resigned to losing fly-half Butch James after he agreed a deal with South Arica's Stormers to play in next year's Super 15.[/b]

I really hope the Butch James rumour is just speculation. No one else compares to him in the Premiership when he's at full tilt, as i've said before.

Word on the street (by which i mean Sale Sharks forum) is that, if/when Sale get relegated, Sheridan will jump ship, with him eyeing up Saints as his next club

Would love Bath to snatch any of Gaskell, Tait or Cueto if Sale go down. You don't have any good backrowers do you?

We've got David Seymour, who on his day can be VERY good, but can also be anonymous in a game as well,
Luke Abraham is much the same, can be great, can be invisible,
Sisa Koyamaibole is quality 8 in the loose, like a freight train, just plows through everyone, but isn't that great scrumtime (takes the ball on himself 9 times out of 10)
Carl Fearns will be good in the future. He's 20 at the moment, and is already playing regularly in the first XV/22, and holding his own very respectively. He got nominated for young player of the year last year as well

Wouldn't be surprised to see any of them head off as well (apart from maybe Seymour, as he signed recently, his contract might not run out for a while, not sure how many years he's down for). I think Fearns contract is up at the end of the year (normally the 18year olds get a 2year contract when they 'graduate the academy'). Koyamaibole will probably have a year left, but might have a get-out-early-clause. Think Abraham is up at the end of the season as well

Do you think Peel was sensible and got a get-out clause in his contract if Sale go down, because Peel playing in the 1st division would be criminal! Gatland won't give him a look in (even less than now) if Sale are demoted, and that's a big pitty for one of the best scrum halves in the world on his day (yes I know it's been a whie since 'his day').

I reckon so,
He's said he's staying on for the final year of his contract, when he didn't have to (could've got out 1 year early if he wanted to). So if that was in there, i presume there's something about being relegated, as he's not stupid, and knows that it's damaging his Wales chances playing in England at all, let alone not even in the GP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Mar 2 2010, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We've got David Seymour, who on his day can be VERY good, but can also be anonymous in a game as well,
Luke Abraham is much the same, can be great, can be invisible,
Sisa Koyamaibole is quality 8 in the loose, like a freight train, just plows through everyone, but isn't that great scrumtime (takes the ball on himself 9 times out of 10)
Carl Fearns will be good in the future. He's 20 at the moment, and is already playing regularly in the first XV/22, and holding his own very respectively. He got nominated for young player of the year last year as well

Wouldn't be surprised to see any of them head off as well (apart from maybe Seymour, as he signed recently, his contract might not run out for a while, not sure how many years he's down for). I think Fearns contract is up at the end of the year (normally the 18year olds get a 2year contract when they 'graduate the academy'). Koyamaibole will probably have a year left, but might have a get-out-early-clause. Think Abraham is up at the end of the season as well[/b]

Seymour is a very good player - was superb in the HC match against Quins at the Stoop i remember.
I hate Abraham though. Apart from being a Chabal lookalike, hes a complete thug.

Gareth Delve will snub Cardiff Blues to join.........Melbourne Rebels.

Is this next season or the one after?
I'm sure Brive recently said he was deffinatley staying with them for the next season

Flutey is good but based on 6Nations and few games for Brive ... Munster may have got lucky.
Don't get me wrong if he comes great but it not disaster if he doesn't.

Also should be interesting to see if the Italian clubs sign any big names.

Rumour has it here though that Munster seriously looking at possibility of names like of Max Evans and Bergamasco.

Latest posts