• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GJ#1 @ Feb 15 2010, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Gareth Delve to the Cardiff Blues![/b]
It makes a lot of sense, especially with Xavier Rush leaving. Delve is younger, cheaper (probably), Welsh qualified and entering his prime. Good signing for Cardiff Blues if true.

From an unofficial Source Munster have arrived at an advanced stage with a French Player who started vs Ireland last Sat :bravo:
Haven't a name yet but hope it a backrow player or prop.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GJ#1 @ Feb 15 2010, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Gareth Delve to the Cardiff Blues![/b]
That would be awesome if true. he's a class act, and playing in Wales will mean his chances to play for Wales will increase tenfold. He should be seriously pushing Ryan Jones for a starting spot, but Gatland just doesn't seem to rate him. He'd also be an awesome player for the Blues, I don't think they'd miss Xavier much (if atall) if this signing materialises. He's a much, much, much better player than Andy Powell.

Apparently, Gareth Thomas is off to give Rugby League a shot with the Crusaders, despite being 36.

Nick Abendanon signs up with Bath for another two years - 'lots of interest from other clubs'

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Feb 16 2010, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nick Abendanon signs up with Bath for another two years - 'lots of interest from other clubs'[/b]

Like who? I can't think of anyone in the GP that really would need him...
Leeds maybe, or Newcastle, but everyone else more or less has a 15 that does well enough.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Feb 16 2010, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Apparently, Gareth Thomas is off to give Rugby League a shot with the Crusaders, despite being 36.[/b]

Holy ****... As Brian Noble has left Wigan and joined <strike>Celtic</strike> <strike>Warriors</strike> Crusaders, it looks like the 1990's all over again; Who next, another Quinnell?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iWin @ Feb 17 2010, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Feb 16 2010, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nick Abendanon signs up with Bath for another two years - 'lots of interest from other clubs'[/b]

Leeds maybe, or Newcastle, but everyone else more or less has a 15 that does well enough.
[/b][/quote]

The Aussies were certainly interested. I'd rule out London Irish, Leicester, Northampton, Quins, Worcester (who just signed Rooney) and Gloucester

So that leaves Newcastle, Leeds, Saracens (SA connection - born there), Sale and Wasps

And he was probably looked at by Worcester when Latham left, and by Gloucester when Morgan resigning was unconfirmed. This contract has probably been signed for a while now, but the club just waited until the run up before the next home game.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Feb 17 2010, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iWin @ Feb 17 2010, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

The Aussies were certainly interested. I'd rule out London Irish, Leicester, Northampton, Quins, Worcester (who just signed Rooney) and Gloucester

So that leaves Newcastle, Leeds, Saracens (SA connection - born there), Sale and Wasps

And he was probably looked at by Worcester when Latham left, and by Gloucester when Morgan resigning was unconfirmed. This contract has probably been signed for a while now, but the club just waited until the run up before the next home game.
[/b][/quote]

Rule out Saracens - we've got Goode there who's a far better player, plus Abendanon wouln't fit in with Sarries' 'don't give them anything' philosophy, since he gifts a try a game...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Feb 17 2010, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Feb 17 2010, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iWin @ Feb 17 2010, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Rule out Saracens - we've got Goode there who's a far better player, plus Abendanon wouln't fit in with Sarries' 'don't give them anything' philosophy, since he gifts a try a game...
[/b][/quote]

Goode to fly half next season, no?

Riki Flutey to Munster (from the Irish Independent). With Jean De Villiers leaving and Lifeimi Mafi playing his best rugby at 13, signing Flutey makes sense.

Not a bad signing if true. Assuming Warwick is moved to 10 and he's allowed to see the ball.

Also can anyone update, this Flutey speculation will it be confirmed or denied or what.
Like could this be another Mike Blair to Ulster yet 2 days later he signs new contract :rolleyes:

And I doubt Munster are the only team after Flutey although I bet alot of Frnch clubs may release big earining imports as the salary cap commences.

Bullitt can you answer a question for me ... When is Murrays contract at Saints up?

2 1/2 years.

No. Munster haven't signed him.

OT: Callum Clarke (England u-20 skipper) from Leeds to Saints.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 21 2010, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
2 1/2 years.

No. Munster haven't signed him.

OT: Callum Clarke (England u-20 skipper) from Leeds to Saints.[/b]
:lol: :lol: :lol:
No Munster haven't signed him but did hear his name mentioned as supposedly that is our top target (a prop)
And with World Cup so close it unlikely we'll sign someone from NH.

Also heard it pretty much certain Sean Cronin will return to us for 2011/2012 season. that was whole idea of extra year at Connacht.

Latest posts