• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2016-2017

Leinster really need to follow with a signing or two. I assume Marty Moore will be back for 2018-19 so I could live without a three but a backup centre to fill Kirchner's NIQ spot is much needed to back up Henrose.

JJ approached us as I said few weeks ago.
He left on verge of breaking in to team. In time away a hell of alot pulled ahead. Look at Rory Scannell for example. Now in 6 Nations squad and fully deserved it.
We genuinely almost have 2 for every spot.
Guys like Arnold and Goggin will be pushing too

JJ saints stint won't helped his worth TBH

It was like a left foot wearing a right shoe. They just didn't suit each other. The saints are also wasting their money paying North's wages. I watched them a few times and he hardly ever gets the ball.

It was like a left foot wearing a right shoe. They just didn't suit each other. The saints are also wasting their money paying North's wages. I watched them a few times and he hardly ever gets the ball.

JJ was our third wasted FH, after Gherety and Lamb. Myler has stifled our club, that and terrible backs coaching.

Depending on how things go Farrell could start for us. Hart is a much needed signing and will get buckets of game time for us. JJ is probably looking at guys like Carberry making Irish squads over here very quickly and if he has ambition he'll come back here with dedication and devote himself to breaking into an Irish team. He's a long way off that, but put him in a team where the rising tide lifts all boats and he can hopefully show what a talented and natural footballer he is again.

I'd be incredibly surprised to see JJ in green in a significant game. Right now he's behind Sexton, Jackson, Carbery, Carty and Bleyendaal, he'll be behind Madigan if he returns at the end of his contract to try and battle the 10 jersey off JC, Ross Byrne is probably ahead of him too. He'll have to take his chance to become anything more than a club player by in the next four years, I don't see him getting past third choice and even then I think Ross Byrne is/will be better when he gets more confident taking the ball to the line and picking a pass.

Depending on how things go Farrell could start for us. Hart is a much needed signing and will get buckets of game time for us. JJ is probably looking at guys like Carberry making Irish squads over here very quickly and if he has ambition he'll come back here with dedication and devote himself to breaking into an Irish team. He's a long way off that, but put him in a team where the rising tide lifts all boats and he can hopefully show what a talented and natural footballer he is again.

Equally JJ isn't under same pressure. Before he left things were tough and he was seen as guy we had that should be starting as he has magic. Now he is coming to try earn a spot.

Also must say plenty said Felix Jones was a job for boys call. I disagreed and challenged people to do research. He's proven what I said and I feel him coaching JJ will be great

Yeah I had absolutely no sympathy for JJ when he left despite some fairly stupid comments lambasting Foley and Munster Rugby, as he hadn't earned his spot. Guys moving for money I can understand, but moving because you think you're better than you, or that you're entitled to a jersey is stupid, and I think Munster rugby were absolutely vindicated in their decision. That said we rarely produce guys with his ability and I'll welcome him back happily. It's important he's given a position and not rotated around week in week out. Jack of all trades, master of none and all that. I'm very much looking forward to seeing him back.
Agree with you regards Felix Jones and I have since he was appointed. Very dedicated learner and always had an interest in coaching even while playing. Jones and Fla (who was always bound to be a success given the ridiculous dedication he had to getting better) have been very clever operators.
Not related to anything, but words of ROG soon being out of a job in Paris. Surely be some spots opening up to the north and west this summer.

I'd be incredibly surprised to see JJ in green in a significant game. Right now he's behind Sexton, Jackson, Carbery, Carty and Bleyendaal, he'll be behind Madigan if he returns at the end of his contract to try and battle the 10 jersey off JC, Ross Byrne is probably ahead of him too. He'll have to take his chance to become anything more than a club player by in the next four years, I don't see him getting past third choice and even then I think Ross Byrne is/will be better when he gets more confident taking the ball to the line and picking a pass.

On the start he's certainly behind them but may overtake Byrne if next year Byrne is 3rd choice at Leinster and JJ is playing 2nd choice at 10. Justbon basis of gametime and building confidence. As I said JJ signed for us like a Jeremy Staunton (who was more rated than JJ) role of covering plenty areas to a high level but will never be best.

But on Madigan. I've to disagree on this basis. He never convinced at 10. Hasn't the skillset and fact he couldnt get past Gopperth showed that. Sexton hasn't long left he will be gone after 2019. He's smart enough to know his body. So Carberry and Byrne and I'm sure 1 or 2 more will come through.
My pointbis Madigan will have harder competition than before and he's no better now. He's struggling to be a starter even for Bordeaux as I've noticed. Like he's a cracking player and a running rugby guy but you need a kicking game and he hasn't got that

Good signings for Munster and importantly, all three's best years are ahead of them. Farrell has a good chance at claiming the 13 shirt. Hanrahan will push Rory Scannell hard for the 12 jersey. Hart provides much needed depth behind Murray.

For too long Munster had a lot of passengers in their squad. It seems as though Erasmus is changing that for the better.

Good signings for Munster and importantly, all three's best years are ahead of them. Farrell has a good chance at claiming the 13 shirt. Hanrahan will push Rory Scannell hard for the 12 jersey. Hart provides much needed depth behind Murray.

For too long Munster had a lot of passengers in their squad. It seems as though Erasmus is changing that for the better.
Big clear out planned by Erasmus apparently. Guys like Bohane who never pushed on likely to be cut.

Big clear out planned by Erasmus apparently. Guys like Bohane who never pushed on likely to be cut.

Alot of lads who are being cut have already been told. Bohane looks like being 1. Mike Sherry another unfortunately and well Sheridan was released.

Interesting too Snoop it means as was pointed out if we fielded
Kilcoyne Scannell Ryan
Ryan Kleyn
Stander O'Mahony O'Donnell
Murray Bleyendaal
Earls Scannell Farrell Sweetnam
Zebo

Cronin Marshall Archer
Foley Holland
Dave O'Callaghan O'Donoghue Oliver
Hart JJ
O'Mahony Arnold Goggin Wooton
Conway

That's 2 full teams of guys who CAN play with Ireland in time. And 2 decent set of options.
That's leaving other guys like Copeland Williams Bill Johnston McCabe and Scott to still possibly feature.

Tyler Gendall: Pirates --> Quins

Immediate TH cover, former Chiefs academy.

Alapati Leiua (Wasps) ----> Bristol Rugby (season 2017-18)

Big shame to see him go, even though he's never had the impact for us he had with the Hurricanes.

Have you not heard? Apparently there's something special happening at Bristol and people want to be a part of it :p

I'll tell you what's a **** take:
Penis the Roo is arriving at wasps next week.

Latest posts