• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2014/15

Very surprised at JSD staying on.
In that you're surprised the club wanted to keep him, or that he wanted to stay at the club, or that he didn't retire?

Glad with all of these re-signings. Stooke in particular is going to be massssssive.

Last edited:
Despite NGD issuing an official release, some claim that Lewis is not Gwent-bound. Hopefully they can clarify soon.

Agree there. He would start for us, rather than sit around for the Ospreys while Tipuric starts. Compare Lyn jones' signings (Maybe Lewis, Hill, Screech) with Turners (RST, Scott Morgan)...

Agree there. He would start for us, rather than sit around for the Ospreys while Tipuric starts. Compare Lyn jones' signings (Maybe Lewis, Hill, Screech) with Turners (RST, Scott Morgan)...

Tipuric misses quite a lot through internationals and whenever Sam Lewis has come in he's done well, very handy at rucks especially.

Agree Lyn Jones has been a bit cannier with his signings. Although I think it was positionally where others failed, for instance the previous regime signed too many back three players at expense of the pack. Chavhanga for instance was okay, but he was limited playing for the Dragons and money would have been better spent in the front 5. Unfortunately I don't think the Dragons have as much budget as they did under Turner, and they were hardly rich then either, youngsters and journeymen NWQ players signed on the cheap. Hopefully with some added BT money the Dragons can get some better NWQ players to lead the squad.

Last edited:
Andries Pretorius cardiff -----> Worcester not a bad signing at all i hope haha

Sam Lewis signed a 2 year deal to stay at the Ospreys instead of heading off to the Dragons:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/25569017

Andries Pretorius cardiff -----> Worcester not a bad signing at all i hope haha

Depends where he gets played! Not been all that good at 8 for the Blues and thought he was nigh on useless (almost as bad as McCusker) there out in Japan. He is however a tidy no.6, so should compliment Worcester!

Like I said in the other thread, looks like the Blues need a no.8... Bar Hamilton, who is far from a proven 8, we don't have anyone else!

Sam Lewis signed a 2 year deal to stay at the Ospreys instead of heading off to the Dragons:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/25569017

Depends where he gets played! Not been all that good at 8 for the Blues and thought he was nigh on useless (almost as bad as McCusker) there out in Japan. He is however a tidy no.6, so should compliment Worcester!

Like I said in the other thread, looks like the Blues need a no.8... Bar Hamilton, who is far from a proven 8, we don't have anyone else!

hes better then anyone else apart from betty and may be senatore so we will take what we can get haha, he should bring some good experience for us when we are in the championship...

Lee Byrne and Aled Brew to the Dragons. Decent bit of business by Lyn Jones.

Will be nice to see both back in Wales. Lyn Jones is managing to recruit some good players, hopefully he can snap up a couple in areas they are lacking, such as prop.

Dwayne Peel ----> Bristol.

Will be sad to see him go, he's been on fine form this season.
Bristol, apparently, offered Peel considerably more cash than we were able to, also a coaching gig. He's also going to move back to Llanelli and commute to Bristol, so make sense for that as I know he owns a restaurant down that way.
Good luck to him!

Anthony Perenise --> Bristol

Also shame to see Tony go... his scrummaging has improved hugely this season.

This signing all but confirms that Henry Thomas is coming to Bath.

Delighted with those signings. Peel adds huge experience and talent, even at his age. Good for the young 9's, Calum Braley esp, as they can learn from him. And Perenise gives us an all round game that our current props cant right now.

Encouraging signs

Dwayne Peel ----> Bristol.

Will be sad to see him go, he's been on fine form this season.
Bristol, apparently, offered Peel considerably more cash than we were able to, also a coaching gig. He's also going to move back to Llanelli and commute to Bristol, so make sense for that as I know he owns a restaurant down that way.
Good luck to him!

A big shame that he fell out with the current Wales management as at his peak he was class.

Where are Bristol getting this money from by the way? Signings like Peel and Nicky Robinson are a bit better than you'd expect for Championship teams not guaranteed Premiership rugby next season. Comparing their squad to the others in the league they've got to be the highest budget Championship side by some margin.

A big shame that he fell out with the current Wales management as at his peak he was class.

Where are Bristol getting this money from by the way? Signings like Peel and Nicky Robinson are a bit better than you'd expect for Championship teams not guaranteed Premiership rugby next season. Comparing their squad to the others in the league they've got to be the highest budget Championship side by some margin.

Steve Lansdowne. Majority shareholder and main financial backer of both the rugby club and Bristol City FC (part of the reasons why we're moving to Ashton Gate for next season.

Championship or not we're still a big club and carry the prestige.

Anthony Perenise --> Bristol

Also shame to see Tony go... his scrummaging has improved hugely this season.

This signing all but confirms that Henry Thomas is coming to Bath.
Wish that Henry Thomas wouldn't go to Bath. Not good for England that the second and third choice tightheads will be competing for the same first team spot at club level.