• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Trans-Tasman Rugby Comp?

• Thread starter guardian_of_the_stone_age
  • Start date
<div class='quotemain'>
That's fair enough points, but as Redunderthebed said most ARC crowds weren't much better. And to Otago, I would say this - If you can't beat Southland or Manawatu, let alone keep Wellington from put 60 points up on you don't deserve to be playing the top level (Based on results last year).[/b]
Perth didn't have the problems in crowds, despite the fact most fans knew nothing at all about the competition.

As for kicking out Otago, that's simply arrogant, having so many teams in the North Island yet only one in the South Island? You showed your bias right there....despite the lean times Otago has given alot to New Zealand rugby and deserves it's place as a prominent province. [/b][/quote]

as for nth and sth islands. south has 4 provences anyway, compared to 10 north island ones, so having a 4:1 top 5 is just.

but unless otago really gets its act togeather QUICK, i could see it being dissolved into the crusaders anyway. both southland and otago npc teams bearly break even financially - and have the highlanders even won a game yet this super 14?

I like this idea for a competition, in theory this competition would solve issues like player burnout and the problem of a 'stale' competition (ie the super 14) whilst bringing the game back to the provinces.

Latest posts