• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 : Day 9

Victory for Toulon 25-19 and impressive match from Giteau at 10. I think JW is more than a little perturbed at his future role at Toulon although perhaps early to say that!

ASM would probably have won that if James had landed his kicks and do not sure anyone could have moaned had they indeed won........

HOLY SHYT !! 31-0 Brive against Castres !!

Castres really aren't producing like we all expected for the defending champs...

HOLY SHYT !! 31-0 Brive against Castres !!

Castres really aren't producing like we all expected for the defending champs...

Yeah saw that....results today look like meaning it is any two from BO/Bayonne/Oyonnax for the drop..................

Biarritz 12 - 16 USAP
UBB 34 – 06 Bayonne
Brive 34 – 00 Castres
Montpellier 45 – 20 Oyonnax
Racing 20 – 22 Grenoble
Toulouse TBA Stade

Results excluding the last one that I want to watch on BT Sports at 11.30 tomorrow!!

[TABLE="class: statstab, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: infoboxheadlite, bgcolor: #E9EAEA"]
[TH="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"][/TH]
[TH="class: textcenter, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, align: center"]Pts[/TH]
[TH="class: textcenter, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, align: center"]J[/TH]
[TH="class: textcenter, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, align: center"]G[/TH]
[TH="class: textcenter, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, align: center"]N[/TH]
[TH="class: textcenter, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, align: center"]P[/TH]
[TH="class: textcenter, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, align: center"]p[/TH]
[TH="class: textcenter, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, align: center"]c[/TH]
[TH="class: textcenter, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, align: center"]+ / -[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: altrow, bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]Toulon Rugby Club[/TD]
[TD]27[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]255[/TD]
[TD]167[/TD]
[TD]88[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: textcenter"]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]Montpellier Hérault Rugby[/TD]
[TD]27[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]243[/TD]
[TD]163[/TD]
[TD]80[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]French stage[/TD]
[TD]26[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]174[/TD]
[TD]147[/TD]
[TD]27[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]ASM Clermont[/TD]
[TD]25[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]239[/TD]
[TD]182[/TD]
[TD]57[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]Perpignan[/TD]
[TD]24[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]195[/TD]
[TD]189[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]Grenoble[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]161[/TD]
[TD]206[/TD]
[TD]-45[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]Stade Toulousain[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]187[/TD]
[TD]139[/TD]
[TD]48[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]Racing Metro 92[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]160[/TD]
[TD]186[/TD]
[TD]-26[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]CA Brive-Corrèze[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]187[/TD]
[TD]179[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]Union Bordeaux-Begles[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]206[/TD]
[TD]209[/TD]
[TD]-3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]Castres Olympique[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]174[/TD]
[TD]172[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]Oyonnax[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]163[/TD]
[TD]229[/TD]
[TD]-66[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]Bayonne[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]144[/TD]
[TD]233[/TD]
[TD]-89[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]Biarritz Olympique[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]134[/TD]
[TD]221[/TD]
[TD]-87[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

So a Toulouse bonus point win tonight and a LBP for Stade would tie four teams for the top while the bottom three look fairly rooted to me....big surprise to many is the position that Castres occupy as Champions but they are too good to stay around the bottom surely!

One week Tony, you will slip up and correctly put Stade Francais down. This is not the week ;)

Toulouse 28 10 French Stage...............Toulouse seem to be to be the most consistent side in France at the moment (alongside MHL but have not seen as much of them) and emphasised this with a bonus point win against the old enemy. I know that Toulon are joint top with these two sides but they are there without really playing that well - which has to be an eye opener for the others with a view to the fact that they have to click soon! That being said, and I do not know the Stade team that well, it strikes me that their team was not at full strength particularly in the scrum?

Interesting that I heard the ref shout "hands off in the ruck" and lots of, if not most, other instructions in English during this match which came as a big surprise seeing as most of both teams were French players!!

Biarritz board of directors met on Saturday following the latest defeat to look into what they can do to support the players in the remaining matches. In view of the break for the European competitions, they have decided to delay doing anything other than conduct some medical research into preventing the number of injuries suffered!

***anic moving chairs sinking while comes to mind...........................

PS one for two offer being made for home game against Oyonnax......bet it is not followed up by matching refunds to the poor season ticket holders!!

Biarritz board of directors met on Saturday following the latest defeat to look into what they can do to support the players in the remaining matches. In view of the break for the European competitions, they have decided to delay doing anything other than conduct some medical research into preventing the number of injuries suffered!

That's not strictly what was said Tony ... '
Suite à la défaite contre l'USAP et ses conséquences sur le classement en TOP 14, le Conseil d'Administration du BOPB s'est réuni ce samedi matin 5 octobre afin de faire le point sur la situation d'urgence dans laquelle se trouve le club après 9 journées de championnat et essayer de dégager des solutions pour aider le sportif à redresser la barre au cours des 17 journées restantes.

À la veille de la première phase de coupe d'Europe, qui permettra entre autre à certains joueurs convalescents de revenir à la compé***ion, le Conseil d'Administration désire se laisser plus de temps avant de se positionner mais a d'ores et déjà décidé d'accélérer la recherche de jokers médicaux pour pallier aux trop nombreuses absences dans l'effectif.'

'Following the defeat against USAP and its impact on the Top 14 ranking, the Board of Directors BOPB met on Saturday morning October 5 to take stock of the emergency situation in which the club finds itself after nine league games and to try to find solutions to help the players redress the balance in the remaining 17 games.

On the eve of the first phase of the European Cup, which will allow certain players returning from injury, the chance to gain some match practice, the Board wishes to allow more time before taking a position but has already decided accelerate the search for medical jokers to compensate for the multiple absences in the squad.' (My translation ...)

That's not strictly what was said Tony ... '
Suite à la défaite contre l'USAP et ses conséquences sur le classement en TOP 14, le Conseil d'Administration du BOPB s'est réuni ce samedi matin 5 octobre afin de faire le point sur la situation d'urgence dans laquelle se trouve le club après 9 journées de championnat et essayer de dégager des solutions pour aider le sportif à redresser la barre au cours des 17 journées restantes.

À la veille de la première phase de coupe d'Europe, qui permettra entre autre à certains joueurs convalescents de revenir à la compé***ion, le Conseil d'Administration désire se laisser plus de temps avant de se positionner mais a d'ores et déjà décidé d'accélérer la recherche de jokers médicaux pour pallier aux trop nombreuses absences dans l'effectif.'

'Following the defeat against USAP and its impact on the Top 14 ranking, the Board of Directors BOPB met on Saturday morning October 5 to take stock of the emergency situation in which the club finds itself after nine league games and to try to find solutions to help the players redress the balance in the remaining 17 games.

On the eve of the first phase of the European Cup, which will allow certain players returning from injury, the chance to gain some match practice, the Board wishes to allow more time before taking a position but has already decided accelerate the search for medical jokers to compensate for the multiple absences in the squad.' (My translation ...)

***anic metaphor still applies as only difference from my (admittedly poor) translation was the research rather than seeking jokers. I believe that the research would be of more use longer term (as the clubs record is pretty appalling) and the joker raises the huge question for a very cash strapped club of how on earth they are going to pay for decent players even if they can find the odd Puma still available!!

Must admit that often the season ticket holder is forgotten, get your money at the begining of the season and that is that, we, after informing the direction now do lots of offers for Season ticket holders, matches where we are not full we often give STH a free place for family and friends and also other deals, this week they are all invited to an apero to show off our new H Cup shirt.

Last edited:
Montpellier sitting on top of the table good to see after our bonus point win against Oyonnax, but they are not an easy team to play against very physical and play good rugby. under pressure they do make mistakes but that goes for most teams. Off to Italy for 4 days on Fri to watch H Cup against Trevise then the boss wants to go to Venice for her birthday, so naturally we are going to Venice. i'm not stupid!!!!!!!!!

In my opinion (not that it's worth much) the medical side of things is possibly Biarritz biggest failing ... but closely followed by it's President, structure (or lack of), commercial department and quality of squad! It is a beautiful part of the world however ad the likes of Aurillac, Carcassonne, Narbonne and Bourgoin sound appealing at the moment!

gaston - you are playing excellent rugby at the moment and am pleased to see it ... does it not annoy you that of the 7 top teams you are the only ones to have lost to BO :p.

In my opinion (not that it's worth much) the medical side of things is possibly Biarritz biggest failing ... but closely followed by it's President, structure (or lack of), commercial department and quality of squad! It is a beautiful part of the world however ad the likes of Aurillac, Carcassonne, Narbonne and Bourgoin sound appealing at the moment!.

No guys I am not doing a Yoe, it is a different person!!!

How I agree Windsor!!

gaston - you are playing excellent rugby at the moment and am pleased to see it ... does it not annoy you that of the 7 top teams you are the only ones to have lost to BO :p.

Again agree and love it!!!!

In my opinion (not that it's worth much) the medical side of things is possibly Biarritz biggest failing ... but closely followed by it's President, structure (or lack of), commercial department and quality of squad! It is a beautiful part of the world however ad the likes of Aurillac, Carcassonne, Narbonne and Bourgoin sound appealing at the moment!

We did not loose its was the "Great Serge Robbery " aided and abeited by some holigan in a post office shirt (ref) AND NO IT DOES NOT ANNOY ME!!!!!!! When you beat Toulouse 25-0 Clermont 43-3 and this weekend Oyonnax 45-20 how possibly could you get annoyed, unless of course you support another team like maybe BO, then i could understand ones annoyance, SORRY forgot to add and are TOP of the TOP 14 to boot, there's no annoyance anywhere near Montpellier at the moment CHAPS!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
We did not loose its was the "Great Serge Robbery " aided and abeited by some holigan in a post office shirt (ref) AND NO IT DOES NOT ANNOY ME!!!!!!! When you beat Toulouse 25-0 Clermont 43-3 and this weekend Oyonnax 45-20 how possibly could you get annoyed, unless of course you support another team like maybe BO, then i could understand ones annoyance, SORRY forgot to add and are TOP of the TOP 14 to boot, there's no annoyance anywhere near Montpellier at the moment CHAPS!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like it.....................................!!

Sticks and stones may break my bones but your little words will never hurt me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will you be opening a Special BO Pro D2 thread in prep for next season Chappies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will you be opening a Special BO Pro D2 thread in prep for next season Chappies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Already said that it will be more prominent...............................we have accepted the probability of relegation now it really is time for you to accept the vagaries of referees!! Even Poite can get it wrong......ask the Saffers! MHL were just not good enough that night...............................

Latest posts