• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 Day 7

Got a bit excited but i did edit back to just one team above!!!!! it is meant to confuse all, even Clermont their 9 playing 10 will never be able to handle all those Trinh-Duc's against one lonely Radosavljevic

Trinh-Duc is out of contract at the end of the season but i assure you nothing is or has been said yet, but one never knows???????????????

Last edited:
So obviously Yoe was a fragment of our imagination, and really never existed, sounds feasable to me!!!!!!!!!! Maybe Big Ewis is the Father of Yoe, but if yoe didn't exist he couldn't be, call in Poirot!!!!

or maybe I'm a fragment of yoe's imagination...this is all highly confusing..I'm just going to go about my business and post on these forums for now..

I think i'll have a go at this game !!! All home wins except for Oyonax (although i hope im wrong about that !!!) Now to sit back on the fence !

There is not a lot of room up here on the fence but like your predicitions!!

err...ahem....I take it back.....

I TAKE IT BACK !!! OKAY ?!! Clermont are getting fooked atm...

And hey, there's a lot of discussion on the 'FRANCE 2013 EOYT' thread about our SH's. That Pélissié kid's been impressing me a few times now. Attack minded, has that good writhing ability to squeeze into defenses, has great legs, is an accomplished passer and handles SH duties just fine...he kicks from MP and

OH GOD ANOTHER TRY !! Great one too, nice one TrinhDuc...

Presuming that you are going for this as a home win, and that the news from Rugby Transferts that Trinh Duch is possibly leaving at the end of the season does not unsettle you all (!!!!), I guess you could edge a thriller by virtue of being at home, they do not have a 10 playing, and that they are not playing that great in any case...............

Only thing I got wrong was the thriller!! Pelisse outplayed a totally out of sorts Parra and what was Clermont's reserve scrum half doing at 10...................I reckon Cotters mind has gone, and they should let him go, to Scotland!!!

Pelissie looked awesome tonight, I hope the French coach notices. Horrible performance from Clermont...

On Cotter's defense, Radosalvjevic (sp?) played his youth rugby at 10 (as did Parra, Michalak, Doussain, Elissalde and... Bonnaire). Maybe it would have been wiser to have Parra at 10 and Rado at 9, or to get a medical joker at 10.
Anyway, awesome game from Montpellier. Galthié is by far the best coach in France, and has been for the last ten years or so. I can't wait till he takes over the French national team.

Pelissie looked awesome tonight, I hope the French coach notices. Horrible performance from Clermont...

My sentiment precisely.

Anyway, awesome game from Montpellier. Galthié is by far the best coach in France, and has been for the last ten years or so. I can't wait till he takes over the French national team.

I do really really hope that happens, yes. And he is a fantastic human being, coach and was an incredible 9 as a player. Just a high caliber individual overall.

I do really really hope that happens, yes. And he is a fantastic human being, coach and was an incredible 9 as a player. Just a high caliber individual overall.
Well, poster-formerly-known-as-yoe, I think he will eventually take over, unless something unexpected happens (like converting to islam, changing his name to Muhammad Islam and moving to a monastery). He's still very young.

Well, poster-formerly-known-as-yoe, I think he will eventually take over, unless something unexpected happens (like converting to islam, changing his name to Muhammad Islam and moving to a monastery). He's still very young.

I like that...my kind of humor. +1 to you. But now though, I................am Big Ewis.

Myeah so, never thought about it but it makes sense...especially seeing the state of things there in MP, ppl will take note, and the FFR may very well give him a little phone call.
And I see you're not one to care for religion, but please, even as a joke, would you NEVER PUT ISLAM AND MONASTERY TOGETHER !!......oh...sorry, got carried away there I did !...
It's just...a Muslim convert and monasteries don't quite exactly mix. In fact, I'd make the argument they're quite separate things altogether !

But yes yes, he's young and if in deed he doesn't convert to any bizarre errr...sorry I mean to any other religion like the one you've mentioned, then there's a chance he may be in for us. And I would be a happy ambiguous little fkr !

I'm just not sure PSA is as bad as ppl make him...

Before we talk about Montpellier 's performance last night, Fabien Galthie has a contract with Montpellier until 2017 so lets not get ahead of ourselves , but he may be ready for the 2019 World Cup.
Watch this space.

Clermont did not play badly they were just not allowed to play at all, the rush defence often dangerous at times worked perfectly given the Clermont backs absolutley no chance to get the ball out to the wings, the forwards domminated full stop and Clermont were always going backwards, Pelisse missing an easy penalty just lost out of the record no of pts scored in a TOP 14 game (32), but apart from that he was perfection, with a Trinh-Duc just back to his old self. Great night and there will not be many teams who take 10pts from Toulouse and Clermont. aggregate score of;
Montpellier 68 Clermont/Toulouse 3 that will not be seen to often!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clermont did not play badly they were just not allowed to play at all, the rush defence often dangerous at times worked perfectly given the Clermont backs absolutley no chance to get the ball out to the wings, the forwards domminated full stop and Clermont were always going backwards, Pelisse missing an easy penalty just lost out of the record no of pts scored in a TOP 14 game (32), but apart from that he was perfection, with a Trinh-Duc just back to his old self. Great night and there will not be many teams who take 10pts from Toulouse and Clermont. aggregate score of;
Montpellier 68 Clermont/Toulouse 3 that will not be seen to often!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hat's off to you Gaston ... an excellent performance all round! Fingers crossed for Biarritz today. If we don't win I fear the worst this season ...

nah....MP were fantastic, but Clermont just didn't show up, pleaaaase. If Clermont play standard intensity they score at least a try on you and stay in the game, they were way way sub-par, no two ways about it. Not sure what happened, but Clermont certainly did not "play well but MP countered them".

CA Brive - Perpignan line ups

Brive :
1- Karlen ASIESHVILI
2- Guillaume RIBES
3- Pat BARNARD
4- Julien LE DEVEDEC
5- Arnaud MELA (capt)
6- Petrus HAUMAN
7- Dominiko WAQANIBUROTU
8- Sisaro KOYAMAIBOLE
9- Jean-Baptiste PEJOINE
10- Riaan SWANEPOEL
11- Malakaï RADIKEDIKE
12- Andrew MA’ILEI
13- Arnaud MIGNARDI
14- Guillaume NAMY
15- Gaëtan GERMAIN

16- François DA ROS
17- Johannes COETZEE
18- Olivier CAISSO
19- Saïd HIRECHE
20- Thomas SANCHOU
21- Thomas LARANJEIRA
22- Laurent FERRERES
23- Kevin BUYS

USAP :
1- Kisi PULU
2- Guilhem GUIRADO (capt)
3- Giorgi JGENTI
4- Sébastien VAHAAMAHINA
5- Romain TAOFIFENUA
6- Justin PURLL
7- Jean-Pierre PEREZ
8- Dan LEO
9- Dewaldt DUVENAGE
10- Camille LOPEZ
11- Sofiane GUITOUNE
12- Sione PIUKALA
13- Tommaso BENVENUTI
14- Watisoni VOTU
15- James HOOK

16- Romain TERRAIN
17- Sébastien TAOFIFENUA
18- Guillaume VILACECA
19- Luke NARRAWAY
20- Nicolas DURAND
21- David MARTY
22- Richard HAUGHTON
23- Paulica ION

Thought Clermont played about their standard for this year and you could see the frustrations coming through with the lack of urgency, lack of support runners, penalties that they would normally give and the mistakes made. Parra probably made more mistakes in this game than he usually does in a season..........I did expect them to lose but not like they did. Perhaps, MHL are even a better team than I thought they are!!

Incidentally, I thought the ref was pretty good last night and, by the muted comments about his performance, reckon that is an opinion held by most people!!

I have, as Gaston will tell you, long had envious eyes for Galthie and FTD!!

The former has to become the French manager sooner rather than later to make sure that France recover from being too long managed by idiots and why FTD is being left in splendid isolation in Montpellier is beyond me when they keep picking third best! However, it would take a huge offer to get MHL to release Galthie and FTD is pretty imbedded there too....expect him to sign a new contract soon........

Now......... Biarritz go for a must make win today against a likely relegation candidate.........they have picked a pretty good team although it is another hammer blow to have Lakafia out for months after a hernia operation. I am delighted to see that Imanol has not been brought back into the team despite his having restarted training.....I would prefer to keep him under wraps, panting and frustrated like the bulls he likes to chase in Pamplona and building up an aggressive demeanor, hungry for battle and a last hurrah.........saving the club for this season anyway from Pro2!!

Can they do it................there is no option, they have to and, with the spirit and fight they showed against Toulon................YES THEY CAN!!!!

Incidentally, my fellow Biarrots, anyone notice the key role that another Biarritz cast off (Mat Berquist) made in Treviso's first win against the might Munster last night........was he (like Serge Milhas who is doing a sterling job at Castres) let go too soon?

Who knows..........would not miss Berquist as much as Milhas who had too little time and was sacrificed for Blanco's mate, Rodrigues, when they rightly kicked out Isaacs who is now a consultant to Tonga for the Autumn Internationals!!

CA Brive - Perpignan line ups

Allez USAP!!!!!

Hat's off to you Gaston ... an excellent performance all round! ...

And Gaston is responsible for their team how!!!!!!!! That is surely like saying you and I are responsible for the lowly position of Biarritz!!!!!

Last edited:
nah....MP were fantastic, but Clermont just didn't show up, pleaaaase. If Clermont play standard intensity they score at least a try on you and stay in the game, they were way way sub-par, no two ways about it. Not sure what happened, but Clermont certainly did not "play well but MP countered them".

You are only allowed to play as well as the opposition let you when they are playing that well, nothing to do with not showing up, if you have ever been under presure then you would know!!!

Latest posts