• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 Day 5

WOWWWWWWW !!!!!!! Anybody seen that ?!!! Montpellier Toulouse match: from minute 65 til that MP try around 70'. WOWWWWWW !!!
WHAT - A - SEQUENCE !!!

Okay, I have yet another new favorite. MONTPELLIER !!!!! They're about my 4th new favorites this year : p
Anyone see Galthié dance at the end of the match with everybody cracking up around him ?! XD XD

Nothing can be said here. Toulouse showed up, may not have played the match of the century themselves but everybody was there, the whole roster. They played intensely, MP just played a GIGANTIC match. Best piece of Rugby I've seen this year maybe, at least the second half. Non-stop, intense, and class ball.
DAMN !! The minute 60-70 sequence was INSANE.

Well Yoe 91 i'm in too good a mood to reply to your "Raping of Montpellier Asses" lets me think aboout it and you can have my reply tomorrow sleep tight my friend the largest portion of Humble Pie is on its way to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One match to go and if Stade Francais win another 100 % preditions by
Gaston Le Magnifique Ho Ho Ho !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Montpellier 25-00 Toulouse
Biarritz 13-24 Toulon
Brive 17-10 Bayonne
Grenoble 21-14 UBB
Oyonnax 19-09 Castres
Racing 19-16 USAP
Stade 23-16 ASM

Outstanding win for MHR against a good, on paper, Toulouse team and they are looking good for the play offs at this stage.

Good results, too, for Grenoble and Oyonnax although fair to say UBB played their second string but cannot really say the same for Castres so maybe the fortress myth is really developing there!!

Brive elevated themselves from bottom by beating Bayonne and this was welcome, if only because it was Bayonne they beat but small consolation for finding BO there, although predictable with the starting fixtures they had!!

Where do we start with Biarritz…..I came home after the game and celebrated with the very large G&T as I thoroughly enjoyed the effort and spirit of the Biarritz side that made up for the lucky LBP against ASM by not getting their deserts of one here! Thought ref was not great and that Yach did not really give a penalty away never mind deserve a yellow card but you win some you lose one as he should have had yellow against Montpellier!

The scrum was well beaten in the first half, even opting to take a line out rather than a scrum within 7 minutes, but gradually they turned that and the line out losses around as confidence grew. Unfortunately, Wilko was sorted out and went off and the wonderful Giteau came on to mastermind a couple of tries that took the game away from a valiant BO.

I would applaud the efforts of all the guys in the scrum and think that Waenga is going to be the long awaited 10 we have been looking for…..he was, for me, the MoM with no doubt. However, having watched Pieterson in three games now, I am far from impressed with him as a 15 who should be able to tackle, catch the ball and dominate the back area – none of which he did and his kicking was marginal to say the least. A few weeks in the Espoirs might do him some good and he was an early substitute (although it might well have been an injury we did not see!!)

I came away thinking that if BO played like this EVERY week, relegation will not be a possibility BUT is the squad good enough, and big enough to last the pace and, in additon it has tp be said that a lot of the players raise their games for these big ones and then go missing in the lesser matches……..difficult times ahead!

Meanwhile, am getting totally bored watching the Stade/ASM game and it is surely only a matter of time until ASM get their win? There is the curse put upon them!! Curse worked.....Stade win!!

Last edited:
And now it's looking a lot better for Paris and for Gaston's streak. Bonneval is having a cracker.

yeh....pretty boring game...nothing like that MP ST game earlier, goddamnn !!!

Stade's new stadium is awesome - possibly my favorite rugby-specific club stadium.

On a side note - is Bonneval pronounced (as an Englishman) - Bon-val... or Bon-ay*-val. *Ay like Lait
The commentators were using the former but I think it's the latter?

Stade's new stadium is awesome - possibly my favorite rugby-specific club stadium.

On a side note - is Bonneval pronounced (as an Englishman) - Bon-val... or Bon-ay*-val. *Ay like Lait
The commentators were using the former but I think it's the latter?

The easiest and correct pronounciation would be Bonn val the "e" is quiet, his father is a former French International.

will be watchin me some Montpellier get their asses raped by Toulouse tomorrow, sittin me arse down on dat couch and rockin Canal+ on teh big screeeen, mmmm hmmm...

Oh dear...terribly sorry about that last comment, but in all seriousness I WILL miss France just for having Canal + here, it's all shtty a$s streaming in Doha..... : (

Yoe i think you had better make your favourite team Montpellier, its just over 5 years since Stade Toulouse scored zero points, i've asked Mr Kipling to bake you the biggest Humble pie that you have ever seen please ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gaston wanted to tell you days 3,4 and 5 of the TOP 14, 100% correct predictions shame he not a betting man could have retired on the winnings , oups sorry i am retired !!!!!!
Thinks he might stop while ahead.

Just seen a U-tube of Yachvilli's yellow incident and changed my mind....it was a penalty but do not think it worthy of a yellow!

Just had a look and not reall a high tackle he just smashes his forearm into his face so to be honest he was lucky to get Yellow and not red. The jest although at speed is intentional, not like Yach but at this moment you can possibly understand the frustation that is going on at BO. with certain senior players, the trouble is not sure how they are going to turn it around!!!!!!

Yoe i think you had better make your favourite team Montpellier, its just over 5 years since Stade Toulouse scored zero points, i've asked Mr Kipling to bake you the biggest Humble pie that you have ever seen please ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gaston wanted to tell you days 3,4 and 5 of the TOP 14, 100% correct predictions shame he not a betting man could have retired on the winnings , oups sorry i am retired !!!!!!
Thinks he might stop while ahead.

you're uhhh.....you're a 'special' fellow, aren't you now Gaston ?

Wow, hats off to Montpellier

Pelisse and trinh duc are some hb partnership, electrifying, and when ranger turns up...

Well done BO, and even more of a well done for announcing they sending the reserves to Toulouse...

Wow, hats off to Montpellier

Pelisse and trinh duc are some hb partnership, electrifying, and when ranger turns up...

Well done BO, and even more of a well done for announcing they sending the reserves to Toulouse...

Not great preparation for this coming weekend by BO, something similar to THE LAMBS TO THE SLAUGHTER, especially after the drubbing Toulouse got from us last Sunday and fairly sure they will want to right things infront of their home crowd

I appreciate your comments even if they are a little tongue in cheek, has the the Humble Pie arrived yet from Mr Kipling!!!!!!!!!!

tongue in cheek, me ? never. I am only serious, 90% of the time.....all the time.

Hey that Jonathan Pelissié fellow sure is a bright young prospect for the XV de France. He kicked like shyt that match against ST, but made up for it with the crazy run for the try. He's still sort of young (25), and I haven't seen a lot of penalty kicking before from him, but if he can be consistent there, we've got a fine attacking SH/FH in the making.
Plus....he's not too hard on the eyes either....

P.S.: oh and for the pie, no thank you. I'm on a very strict diet.

Latest posts