• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Time for the USA question again...

It's a big rugby party weekend whenever the 7s tour rolls through. :cool:
I'm told 7's tournaments are much more about the day and the event, if you know what I mean - super fast-paced, to the point where you can watch 3 whole matches, then skip one and wander around, etc. ... I'll certainly be giving it a try (ha), but will wait for an in-person opportunity.

Last edited:
You guys got a shout out during the Chiefs game.
I think he said welcome to people watching in the US and Canada on ESPN rugby. Is that a channel?

You guys got a shout out during the Chiefs game.
I think he said welcome to people watching in the US and Canada on ESPN rugby. Is that a channel?
It's ESPN Scrum, which is part of the ESPN.com website. We may have got a shout out, but it wasn't shown where I live in California. I checked the links for both games that Kiwiwomble left several times, but got nothing. *If anyone in the USA or Canada was able to stream it please let us know. There may have been a satellite glitch or other problem?

I am able to watch MLR games for free on The Rugby Network which is cool. And there's the usual PRO14 games on ESPN+ this weekend. So I'm getting my rugby fix. :cool:

Last edited:
I was able to watch the Crusaders vs Blues last night. I am in Ohio. It was available on ESPN Scrum and a live Youtube stream was available as well.

I was able to watch the Crusaders vs Blues last night. I am in Ohio. It was available on ESPN Scrum and a live Youtube stream was available as well.
Thank you. I'm glad you were, but it was a no go here, I tried that link several times. It could have been a satellite glitch, or maybe a problem with my internet provider. I called a friend of mine who lives in another town about 25 miles away and he wasn't able to watch it either. Hopefully they'll stream games again next weekend. I see that's your first post, welcome to the board.

What a nightmare for you guys.

I don't know if this helps but the match threads on reddit always have a couple of links to streams. I've never tried to watch them though.
I guess they are live which isn't ideal for us west coasters!

What a nightmare for you guys.

I don't know if this helps but the match threads on reddit always have a couple of links to streams. I've never tried to watch them though.
I guess they are live which isn't ideal for us west coasters!
I was able to watch the highlights which is better than nothing. Super Rugby and PRO14 are never ideal in California due to the lengthy time differences, that's why I prefer on demand streaming. Thank you for Reddit information. :cool:

Last edited:
Yeah, all the announced ESPN links go nowhere, not sure how you managed to watch that one... My hope is, MLR will grow the popularity of rugby, and then, giants like ESPN might actually start to pay closer attention. If any of you don't know, Major League Rugby decided to launch a free streaming service for all its games (except ones directly in your area if it's carried by a cable service), which I think is a pretty cool move. This year should be big!

Thank you. I'm glad you were, but it was a no go here, I tried that link several times. It could have been a satellite glitch, or maybe a problem with my internet provider. I called a friend of mine who lives in another town about 25 miles away and he wasn't able to watch it either. Hopefully they'll stream games again next weekend. I see that's your first post, welcome to the board.
Thank you for the nice welcome. I think I have quite a ways to go to catch up to the number of posts you have accumulated.:)

I remember the good ol' days when watching Super Rugby was easy on DIRECTV, then ESPN+. It really shouldn't be this difficult.

Yeah, all the announced ESPN links go nowhere, not sure how you managed to watch that one... My hope is, MLR will grow the popularity of rugby, and then, giants like ESPN might actually start to pay closer attention. If any of you don't know, Major League Rugby decided to launch a free streaming service for all its games (except ones directly in your area if it's carried by a cable service), which I think is a pretty cool move. This year should be big!

So I'm not alone in not being able to watch Super Rugby from those links. For a minute there I thought they were all plotting against me. ;)

I streamed most of the MLR games over the weekend, unfortunately the Legion lost a close one to RUNY. But it's a long season and I'm confident they'll bounce back.

Last edited:
Thank you for the nice welcome. I think I have quite a ways to go to catch up to the number of posts you have accumulated.:)

I remember the good ol' days when watching Super Rugby was easy on DIRECTV, then ESPN+. It really shouldn't be this difficult.
You're welcome. When it comes to Super Rugby I don't have a favorite team, but I do enjoy watching them all play. I'm excited about the new team from Fiji that debuts next year if all goes as planned. I look forward to being a fan of that team from it's inaugural season. It should be fun. :cool:

Last edited:
sorry team, starting to feel im jinxing it when i post stuff here

sorry team, starting to feel im jinxing it when i post stuff here
It's not your fault some of us didn't get to watch. As I mentioned above, I thank you for sharing the information. It was obviously some kind of technical problem because jw_rally got to watch it while some of us didn't. So it's cool that he did. :)

Last edited:
Not sure if you guys got yourselves sorted out yet but here's what reddit is saying to use to stream in North America. I have never used these links and have no idea where they go! Danger danger! I'm just trying to be helpful.
I also saw there is a maybe South American looking ESPN looking streaming channel on YouTube that has super rugby. I can look for the link if you want.

Goodluck.

Streams (use adblock):

https://www.vipbox.live/sports/rugby.html or https://www.viprow.net/sports-rugby-online

Replays of Crusaders vs. Highlanders and Waratahs vs. Brumbies are available on Youtube at the link below. It is working for me.

Latest posts