• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Thug to appeal ban

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 24 2010, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Feicarsinn while Quinlan is constantly in all needless arguments on field etc he hasn't been banned much to suggest he a thug, Like exclude the Gouging ban he has a very good discipline record.

And I agree Cullen was probably told to say what he did but even so Quinlan may be dirty but he isn't dirty doing things like that if he were called thug it for going in face-to-face for fights.

And on Flannery remember HE pleaded guilty but the IRFU are appealing and it WASN'T his decision.[/b]

What are you talking about????? That makes no sense what so ever. Stamping, gouging, fighting and an untold amount of yellow cards. Whatever talent he has, he's a moronic thug, no two ways about it.

So if it's the IRFU's choice to appeal and not Flannery, surely THEY know they don't have a leg to stand on (mainly because Flannery kicked that an' all)

Well, if they appeal, perhaps in their eyes they haven't got anything to lose. Flannery clearly and intentially kicked Palisson. No argument! I say they ban Jerry Thuggery for at least 6-8 weeks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Feb 24 2010, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Last season the misunderstood Saint Alan Quinlan was also banned for stamping on an All Black (can't remember who).................

It may be the IRFU's decision to appeal Flannery's ban but they wouldn't do so without the Limerick man's approval. As such, he's as culpable as anyone for the appeal which has been lodged.[/b]
Snoop this I can confirm 100% that Jerry was against the appeal because he is worried about the possibility of missing the Leinster game and week after vs Saints.

Yes Quinny was banned for stamping Rodney So'oialo and got 3 weeks but that was a harsh ban and nothing like Flannery's but his discipline over the long career has been generally good. And this was what cost him his international career.
Quinny was also banned in 2007 for stamping but like these offenses are not thuggery and Rod McKenzi is a very strict Disciplinary Committee member.

And hey if all else fails you gotta stick by your players through good and bad.
Hope Flannery doesn't get bad sentence and when he return he just gets on with it and performs well.

Stop with all this Flannery thug talk!!!

This is a thug:
Northampton%20Saints%20v%20Bourgoin%20European%20Challenge%206CiVYUaBP6yl.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Feb 24 2010, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Stop with all this Flannery thug talk!!!

This is a thug:
Northampton%20Saints%20v%20Bourgoin%20European%20Challenge%206CiVYUaBP6yl.jpg
[/b]
MunsterMachine he from Northampton he can't be a thug :p

But I don't care because anyone who know's Flannery or Quinny knows they're gentlemen off the pitch and hard tough players on the pitch but no thugs.

But everyone has opinions so that just way it is.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 24 2010, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

But I don't care because anyone who know's Flannery or Quinny knows they're gentlemen off the pitch and hard tough players on the pitch but no thugs.

But everyone has opinions so that just way it is.[/b]
Aye, a gentleman who stole international teammate Denis Hickie's girlfriend.............so the story goes anyway.

Snoop story down here is alot different and I can assure you Quinlan and Ruth hooked up long after Denis and her broke up and it was Mal O'Kelly and Ruth's sister (Mal's Wife) and Pat Shortt who introduced them mutually.

And Quinlan and Hickie wouldn't really be considered team-mates (Quinny in and out of national set-up).
But in Munster we used to all that crap with Stringer dropped because ROG had an affair with his woman or vise versa and trust me it all 100% BS.

Quinlan is a gentleman and proud Munster man. So base your judgement on facts not crap.
And Hickie doesn't dislike him as there is a picture of 2 of them in 2005 up in Thomond Park having great time and Quinny met Ruth in July 2004.

Muffin, Quinlan is definitly a thug. Only you seem completely oblivious to the fact. Wake up...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Feb 24 2010, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 24 2010, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But everyone has opinions so that just way it is.[/b]
Aye, a gentleman who stole international teammate Denis Hickie's girlfriend.............so the story goes anyway.
[/b][/quote]

So he's the Irish John Terry?

Quinlan is the Irish John Terry. He's a complete thug. And how bout him stealing hickie's wife? What a ******.

sp604_TandPTrailer.jpg

How about Russel Crowe and his THUGboat? Eh? Eh???

Who cares really. It's just a game eh? It's not important, like Football Manager.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Feb 25 2010, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
sp604_TandPTrailer.jpg

How about Russel Crowe and his THUGboat? Eh? Eh???

Who cares really. It's just a game eh? It's not important, like Football Manager.[/b]
Football Manager now there is a real life situation :lol: :lol:

Ah I give up regardless Quinny still legend to me thug or not :bravo:
I haven't much in my defense for them (Quinny & Fla) <_<
But well we'll eave this until next week we got the English to beat :p

And Monkey love the Russell Crowe South Park pic :cheers:

Does anyone know what the appeal is based around? Unintentional? It's a joke if the IRFU are forcing it through, he's clearly guilty and the ban may even be extended...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (www.rugbyperformance.co.uk @ Feb 25 2010, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Does anyone know what the appeal is based around? Unintentional? It's a joke if the IRFU are forcing it through, he's clearly guilty and the ban may even be extended...[/b]
They aren't looking for him to be let off but for the length to be reduced on basis it was reckless and not deliberate.
The 6Nations Disciplinary Commitee have cross-appealed also.

This means that it is increasingly lookin like an extra 2-4 weeks could be added on ruling Flannery out of the H'Cup quarter-final.(This is what make's it even more stupid is that an appeal will cost money and result in a worst case scenario)

Nope. They are basing the appeal on the fact that he was concussed when kicked out so he didnt no what he was doing.

Some form of temporary insanity by the sounds of it. They are only contending the length of the ban, probably in some daft attempt to reduce it to 4 weeks. They should throw the book at him and add another 2 on. f*** up his HEC preparations.

<a href="http://sixnations.independent.ie/irfu-to-argue-munster-man-was-concussed-before-clumsy-paris-incident-1256.html" target="_blank">
http://sixnations.independent.ie/irfu-to-a...ident-1256.html</a>

if they are basing him being concussed as an excuse then i believe he still cant play for 6 weeks ...due to the concussion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lucky_number_7 @ Feb 26 2010, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
if they are basing him being concussed as an excuse then i believe he still cant play for 6 weeks ...due to the concussion[/b]
Depends on some concussions as injury period ranges from 2-7weeks

Latest posts