• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Thug to appeal ban

Oh, I see. That's fine then... So long as he didn't mean anything by it by stamping on heads or kicking players shins out...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Feb 24 2010, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 24 2010, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Feb 24 2010, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 24 2010, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is Danny Grewcock the Stade Duo (Dupuy and Attoub) Schalk Burger Thugs????[/b]
Yes, all are thugs. Gouge somebody on the street and you get jailed, not a short ban from your job. The same goes for stamping on somebody's head or arm.

Flannery and Grewcock are repeat offenders of actions grossly contrary to the laws of the game. They're at best idiots.
[/b][/quote]
Snoop are we sayin Jennings and Quinny thugs too :eek: and Flannery or Grewcock didn't Gouge
[/b][/quote]
Quinlan most definitely. Jennings is a dirty player too.

I didn't say Grewcock and Flannery gouged.
[/b][/quote]
Quinny no chance :lol: He an entertainer on the pitch he does it all kick and all :lol:
But i wouldn't consider either to be a thug. Jennings plays hard and that how he learned his trade at Leicester with some of best forwards in world at that time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 24 2010, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh, I see. That's fine then... So long as he didn't mean anything by it by stamping on heads or kicking players shins out...[/b]
No it not ok i just stating he not a player who constantly boxing on field etc I never said he innocent although you keep thinking I do :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 24 2010, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quinny no chance :lol: He an entertainer on the pitch he does it all kick and all :lol:[/b]

quinlan_280x420_37539a.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sg28666NFGc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sg28666NFGc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 24 2010, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 24 2010, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quinny no chance :lol: He an entertainer on the pitch he does it all kick and all :lol:[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Was messing lol although I agree he deserved to be banned it was (like Jenning) reckless not deliberate and he paid price big time missing out on a Lions Tour.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 24 2010, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 24 2010, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 24 2010, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Was messing lol although I agree he deserved to be banned it was (like Jenning) reckless not deliberate and he paid price big time missing out on a Lions Tour.
[/b][/quote]

Pull another one.

Jennings' ban this season was highly dubious. Even the victim admitted he didn't gouge.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Interestingly, when asked about it by captain Bob Casey the next day, Kennedy admitted that he had overreacted, but citing commissioner Richard McGhee has still ruled that Jennings has a case to answer.[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Feb 24 2010, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Jennings' ban this season was highly dubious. Even the victim admitted he didn't gouge.[/b]
I agree with you Feicarsinn and while I agree Quinny's deserved the ban he got (reduced due to having good disciplinary history) I don't think he deliberately gouged Cullen who even said it himself after the game. At that stage of his career getting picked for Lions trust me if Quinny were to do something deliberate he'd make sure it was worth it.

Back to Quinlan for a second, he has/had the ability to be a terrific player. He's a good lineout option, hits with the ferocity of a freight train, runs excellent support lines, clears out rucks effectively, turns over ball frequently and has tremendous footballing skills for a backrow. His faults are that too often he get involved in needless ****ly **** and has brain farts which have seen him miss a Lions tour and a 6 Nations campaign. If he could control his temper he'd have had a far better career in my opinion.

On to Jennings, his ban this season was dubious but put your hands near somebody else's eyes and you're asking for trouble. I'm glad he's a Leinster player but he often plays on (just) the wrong side of the laws of the game. Witness how often he "mistimes" his hits on opposite flyhalves. He trades in intimidating opponents rather than in rushes of blood to the head.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 24 2010, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Feb 24 2010, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jennings' ban this season was highly dubious. Even the victim admitted he didn't gouge.[/b]
I agree with you Feicarsinn and while I agree Quinny's deserved the ban he got (reduced due to having good disciplinary history) I don't think he deliberately gouged Cullen who even said it himself after the game. At that stage of his career getting picked for Lions trust me if Quinny were to do something deliberate he'd make sure it was worth it.
[/b][/quote]

Bullshit. Quinlan is a known thug. Cullen was clearly under orders from to the camp to get as many Irish boys on the plane to South Africa as possible.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Feb 24 2010, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Back to Quinlan for a second, he has/had the ability to be a terrific player. He's a good lineout option, hits with the ferocity of a freight train, runs excellent support lines, clears out rucks effectively, turns over ball frequently and has tremendous footballing skills for a backrow. His faults are that too often he get involved in needless ****ly **** and has brain farts which have seen him miss a Lions tour and a 6 Nations campaign. If he could control his temper he'd have had a far better career in my opinion.

On to Jennings, his ban this season was dubious but put your hands near somebody else's eyes and you're asking for trouble. I'm glad he's a Leinster player but he often plays on (just) the wrong side of the laws of the game. Witness how often he "mistimes" his hits on opposite flyhalves. He trades in intimidating opponents rather than in rushes of blood to the head.[/b]
Snoop you just summed up Quinlan 100% and yes while his brain farts have cost him but in a way he's that type of player you cn always rely on going in to battle that he'll be at your side but agree that he does go in to needless tussles but that is him all over he plays so much on the edge.

Jennings is in a way similar but obviously you need balance in a team and maybe you need a player like them in your team.

the IRB should keep his ban the same and punnish the IRFU for appealing as it was them that wanted to appeal not flannery.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 24 2010, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Feb 24 2010, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On to Jennings, his ban this season was dubious but put your hands near somebody else's eyes and you're asking for trouble. I'm glad he's a Leinster player but he often plays on (just) the wrong side of the laws of the game. Witness how often he "mistimes" his hits on opposite flyhalves. He trades in intimidating opponents rather than in rushes of blood to the head.[/b]
Snoop you just summed up Quinlan 100% and yes while his brain farts have cost him but in a way he's that type of player you cn always rely on going in to battle that he'll be at your side but agree that he does go in to needless tussles but that is him all over he plays so much on the edge.

Jennings is in a way similar but obviously you need balance in a team and maybe you need a player like them in your team.
[/b][/quote]

I cringe every time I see Quinlan in a team. The man is a brainless thug. Seriously, how can a professional sportsperson lose their head so much? I wouldn't play him for Munster or let him anywhere near the Ireland team. A comlete liability.

On Flannery, I've said before that an appeal is basically contradicting his previous guilty plee and should be judged as as much. Double the ban in my books.

Feicarsinn while Quinlan is constantly in all needless arguments on field etc he hasn't been banned much to suggest he a thug, Like exclude the Gouging ban he has a very good discipline record.

And I agree Cullen was probably told to say what he did but even so Quinlan may be dirty but he isn't dirty doing things like that if he were called thug it for going in face-to-face for fights.

And on Flannery remember HE pleaded guilty but the IRFU are appealing and it WASN'T his decision.

Any way lads look it obvious Flannery won't get off he'll get same or increased by 2weeks (meaning he'll miss H'Cup, which makes you wonder even more why take risk :huh: )

So let's get back on o main issue which is Saturday (& Friday)

Last season the misunderstood Saint Alan Quinlan was also banned for stamping on an All Black (can't remember who).................

It may be the IRFU's decision to appeal Flannery's ban but they wouldn't do so without the Limerick man's approval. As such, he's as culpable as anyone for the appeal which has been lodged.

Latest posts