• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

There has to be a manager mode in rugby 2012!!!

bressons

Academy Player
Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
Rebels
Will there be a manager mode where you get offers from other clubs etc. from different leagues, i.e. northern and southern hemisphere?
Glen Gavin: There won’t be a manager mode in Rugby 2012.

After reading this in Volume 3 Q&A I have become bitterly dissapointed as I believe that including a manager mode will take this game to the next level and it will be a massive success. As a huge rugby fan, the idea of competiting in the likes of the Aviva Premiership, Championship, Top 14, Pro D2, Magners League, Italian Top 10, Super Rugby, ITM Cup, Currie Cup etc would make this game a rugby fans dream. The ability to make transfers in an attempt to improve your squad and win major competitions really would make this the rugby game we have all been waiting for. Relegations/Promotions and tactics etc would only add further to this whole concept.

I can appreciate that licensing issues etc make this easier said than done, however I believe that instead of concentrating on making the simple things work, HB Studios should really do all they can to make some sort of manager mode a reality, even if it does not include all the major leagues I previously mentioned. If you agree with my viewpoint then it would be great to get as many of us as possible to push for its inclusion in the game with the hope that HB change their stance and decide to do everything in their power to make it happen. The more of us get behind this idea, the better chance we have of making our views count. It may be too late for this game but it will help them to recognise the importance of this game feature for future versions. Please get behind this!

+ 1 utterly dissapointed about no manager mode... looks like this game is going to be another rugby league live...

+ 1 utterly dissapointed about no manager mode... looks like this game is going to be another rugby league live...

I wouldn't go that far... I think that it's pretty safe to say that the gameplay in this game will be very good... However it may be lacking some features and licenses...

I don't think making a mass petition will make them change their mind on an already decided feature of the game. They have said that it won't be included and that decision has obviously been made for a reason; be it budget, time-constraints, licensing restrictions etc, but that decision has been made and I am totally sure if they had the possibility to include a manager mode they would have, but for one reason or another it isn't possible to do. Like dan the man said though, lets just hope that the gameplay is good. Think back to JLR and the early Fifa and PES games; they had no manager mode or even club teams but still had massive replay value (especially PES and JLR) so I think if this game is a truly good simulation of the sport then it won't be too much of an issue once everyone starts playing.

Urgh not another moan thread. All I see now.

How about if your not happy how about sending them massive lump sum of cash to help them?

Let me put this out there, he has not said there is no World League, Season Mode etc just no Manager Mode. Just be patient and stop moaning.

"Urgh not another moan thread. All I see now.....Just be patient and stop moaning."

I think everyone should read this and take it on board. What do you think this place is, some sort of forum to discuss the game?? Just because your the consumer and it will be YOU that will be handing out your cash to pay for the game gives you NO RIGHT to discuss it!!

I think being patient is the only thing that we can with relation to this game. I was discussing the rival game last night with Sidhe.

Anyway, I think that the game play will the main feature of this game. It should be pretty good. Having no manager mode is a big let down but i'm sure there will be some sort of season mode or online feature that will enable the player a good game.

I'll take better gameplay over a manager mode any-day. I'm glad that is where the majority of their time is going.

"Urgh not another moan thread. All I see now.....Just be patient and stop moaning."

I think everyone should read this and take it on board. What do you think this place is, some sort of forum to discuss the game?? Just because your the consumer and it will be YOU that will be handing out your cash to pay for the game gives you NO RIGHT to discuss it!!

I think being patient is the only thing that we can with relation to this game. I was discussing the rival game last night with Sidhe.

Anyway, I think that the game play will the main feature of this game. It should be pretty good. Having no manager mode is a big let down but i'm sure there will be some sort of season mode or online feature that will enable the player a good game.

Quite obviously you are not dealing with the constant threads full of moan and full of negativity. Everyday there must be on average 5 threads a day that are created by people who want to moan, which don't get me wong they are allowed to do. But when they can simply put it into another thread they dont, people just create a new thread full of dross because they cannot be patient so I think the staff are well within their rights to be frankly annoyed with the constant moan. The forum is also a rugby one, I simply don't come on here to read, post and discuss Rugby'12 because half of the threads are that when we log on and what I come onto this forum is the Rugby'12 section filled with dross. We set up the areas for people to post in and have their say but people do not want to do that. HB are not going to look at individual threads rather than the main threads that have been set up. It cannot be posted any simpler.

Last edited:
Will the there be DLC available after release - updated rosters, extra teams, players, stadiums etc??
AJ: DLC is definitely part of our plan. We'll talk about this more in the coming months.

So they're saying it could be possible DLC.

One of the key things with this game and the other game, is the fact that they need to prove that the market is viable to be able to continue the series, my dream would be to see a Rugby game every year, like Fifa but with new features...

Its all about profitability.

I am buying Sidhe Rugby Challenge, mark my words, that game is going to be better. They are fighting for licences and manager modes, unlike these okes. I have all the EA ***les of Rugby for PS2 produced by HB Studios, but I feel this one might be a bit of a let down, but let's wait and see, maybe we are suprised, maybe not.

Someone must have really upset the troll board this week. They're invading.

I wouldn't mind if HB released a "core" game at a lower price, and then went to work on other features as DLC. I'd rather pay "extra" for a fleshed out manager mode then one stamped on before the game went gold.

I wouldn't mind if HB released a "core" game at a lower price, and then went to work on other features as DLC. I'd rather pay "extra" for a fleshed out manager mode then one stamped on before the game went gold.
The DLC better be worth of buy

Latest posts