• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The new Super 14season, what are the expectations

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Sep 17 2008, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MLegg @ Sep 17 2008, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Crusaders to destroy the competition once again...[/b]

I think they'll do well (as per usual)... but how well?

What impact (if any) will Deans and Carter's departure have on them?
[/b][/quote]

I was wondering the same, if you see what Deans did with the Wallabies :eek:
Actually I have no idea who can replace Carter, luckily he's only going for 6 months ( hopefully he don't het injured)

I hope we will have some NZ teams in the top 4

the crusaders are hard to look past, theyre playing magnificently and nothing looks like changing. My prediction is that they will be undone in the final by a surprise finalist (who that is i dont know)

I think one of the SA teams will win it, maybe the stormers. I think the tahs may have a chance aswell. I think the Hurricanes are the top contenders for NZ

I think that season is going to be tensed and interesting as is the rule with it....

Cheers

Any Brumbies fans

can you tell me if the Faiigaa twins are any good.

One will probably start in Hooker and take Moore's spot and the other I believe is an inside centre.. but with Barnes there is he capable of playing outside?

Are they actually any good.. will they do well and are they wallaby material in the future?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QLD @ Sep 20 2008, 02:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Any Brumbies fans

can you tell me if the Faiigaa twins are any good.

One will probably start in Hooker and take Moore's spot and the other I believe is an inside centre.. but with Barnes there is he capable of playing outside?

Are they actually any good.. will they do well and are they wallaby material in the future?[/b]

Saia Faingaa is a very solid player. He's fairly mobile and puts in a lot of work around the field, and quite often doubles up as an openside flanker.

Anthony Faingaa hasn't really had the opportunity to show what he can do at a Super 14 level after he missed the majority of the year. Inside centre is his preferable position but he could possibly also cover outside centre because he's a pretty good ball runner.

However, I think Barnes needs to play more time at flyhalf for the Reds because I think it's the position he needs to play for the Wallabies.

Blues to have the best pack in the competiton if fully fit :

Woodcock / Mealamu / Afoa / A.Williams / Boric / Kaino / Braid / Williams

With the likes of Collins, Haiu, Jay Williams and OTA in the wings.

Impressive pack but i dont think Nick Williams is gonna be there, hasn't he signed with Munster? I heard Braid is thinking of leaving too.

Mean front row though :D

The fact that some people mentioned that Lauaki is going to Auckland and the fact that in the other thread concerning the squads for the S 14 2009 season Lauaki is listed for the Blues make me think he's actually going to auckland.

As I'm a fan of Lauaki in the S14, for the AB he has his moments, and he's one of the players who made me support them Chiefs I think I'll buy a Blues shirt or 2 ( one for my dad who loves S14 rugby) to chill around Skycity.

There has never been anything saying Lauaki would go back to Auckland/the Blues.

People are disillusioned by the media, who, after Pat Lams reappointmnet thought that there may be a chance of Lauaki and Muliaina returning to Auckland. Completely guessing.

Well, what ever happens, I'll still support them Chiefs.

It would be nice if he could stay

I hope all fans are loyal to respective super 14 side and flowing rugby played by players. :champion:

loyalty.jpg

I'm loyal, but also a huge fan of Lauaki ( when he's in shape)

Altho supporting S14 Rugby in general isn't a bad thing imo :D

I think the chiefs have a good team ecspecially when leonard comes back. I believe the crusaders are going to have a dudd season with big names leaving (including the coach) But i dont believe that a SA team will win possibly hurricanes or Force

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Sep 20 2008, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Impressive pack but i dont think Nick Williams is gonna be there, hasn't he signed with Munster? I heard Braid is thinking of leaving too.

Mean front row though :D[/b]

As we all know by now Braid is playing for the Reds next year.

The Brumbies have signed up James Stannard from the Force.

Al Campbell has left to play for Montpellier.

South African flyhalf Isma-eel Dollie is also applying for a spot in the Brumbies academy, but it'll be hard to crack a starting spot with Lealiifaano, Toomua and possibly Giteau there.

And each day it's looking more and more likely that Giteau will be back in 2010.

The Brumbies have recently had talks with him and they're more than confident that he'll be returning. Plus he's supposedly been seeking legal advice to get out of his Force contract. But we'll see.....

Only two more months :D and than the season starts.
I£ really hope the Hurricanes continue where they stopped last season, saw some of those games again and damn, awesome rugby by those Wellitron boys

Reds will win all their games, only three points will be scored against them the entire season and that's because Matt Dunning will come on for that game and kick a field goal from 68 meters out.

Latest posts